• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2016-2017

Handy player to have anyway; and entering his latter years as a pro.
Wo'nt be playing for Wales any more, and covers 10,12 and 15 more than adequately.
Yeah, he could have gotten a better chance at game-time elsewhere; but it would have been further from home and no better paid. As you say, with GF off either this year or next; he'll still get plenty of game-time; and from a Bath perspective, means we only have to look for 1 FH, not 2. Whoever comes in, Rhys will fancy his chances of being selected on merit too - especially now that Mike left.

I'm not saying I'd have been surprised to see him go; just that I'm also not surprised he's staying put.

God that is the most bland player signing announcement I have seen.

No idea what's going on with Saints right now (asides from making losing look easy) but is this due to injury crisis or something?

I remember a few years ago Wasps would sign anyone for a few months just to tide the club over. I remember genuinely thinking Tinus Du Plessis was an incredible signing - that's how bad things got. As you say, the blandness of this announcement makes me think it's not a first choice signing!

Re. Bath....if rumours are to be believed that Ford still wants out, maybe he'll head back to Leicester with Cockerill gone, leaving a nice void for Priestland at Bath.... #completelyunfoundedspeculation

Re. Bath....if rumours are to be believed that Ford still wants out, maybe he'll head back to Leicester with Cockerill gone, leaving a nice void for Priestland at Bath.... #completelyunfoundedspeculation

Hasn't Craig said that he won't agree release to Leicester?

No idea what's going on with Saints right now (asides from making losing look easy) but is this due to injury crisis or something?

I remember a few years ago Wasps would sign anyone for a few months just to tide the club over. I remember genuinely thinking Tinus Du Plessis was an incredible signing - that's how bad things got. As you say, the blandness of this announcement makes me think it's not a first choice signing!

The last couple of years we have only signed back up players and then never played them. We used to sign young English players and then devils then but it seems we have only signed average to poor foreign wasters now.

Jim has to go.

Former Leinster and current Bedford centre Tom Farrell is joining Connacht with immediate effect. Pretty much how a championship goes ideally for an Irish player. Connacht could definitely do with the players. Preferably a ten though.

Bristol sign Alby Mathewson (Scrum Half, 4 NZ Caps) with immediate effect

Yeah I reckon so, especially given neither Will Cliff or Rhodri Williams have nailed down the spot as their own. This gives us a 3rd option with the experience

Latest posts