• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2016-2017

Stirzaker ----> Saracens (Saints and Bath also interested)
Marcus Watson -----> Wasps

Hope Stirzaker to Sarries doesn't happe I want Spencer starting and that won't happen if Stirzaker is there.

Aled Brew retained at Bath until the end of next season - really deserves it too; having been plucked out of obscurity in the Welsh Premiership

Stirzaker ----> Saracens (Saints and Bath also interested)
Marcus Watson -----> Wasps

Hope Stirzaker to Sarries doesn't happe I want Spencer starting and that won't happen if Stirzaker is there.

Wasps don't deserve Marcus Watson. Not with their back line currently. Be a good move for Watson though, couldn't begrudge him.

Would be fun to see him team up with his brother. I think he's got quite a bit going for him, in addition to the obvious gas.

Would be fun to see him team up with his brother. I think he's got quite a bit going for him, in addition to the obvious gas.

His brother at Wasps?? Bath deserve him even less (assuming you meant that). Not because they're backs are better than Wasps, just because they'd appreciate him less.

His brother at Wasps?? Bath deserve him even less (assuming you meant that). Not because they're backs are better than Wasps, just because they'd appreciate him less.

That's fightin' talk mister. What makes us so uniquely unappreciative?!

That's fightin' talk mister. What makes us so uniquely unappreciative?!

In my opinion, Bath is not missing decent back three players- as opposed to forwards at least. Probably totally wrong, but that's my take.

It might just be contrast with Falcons though, we covet our gems. Then go full golem when we let them go and they languish in obscurity elsewhere. McGuigan, Brookes, Barrow, etc, I'm sure GeordieFalcon can think of more. Seems a shame to lose people who are stars for us to be squad fillers elsewhere.

Watson is potentially more special however, and I exaggerate about the above players.

I see what you mean, fair enough. Not like he'd walk into a first XV spot at Wasps though, is it?

In my opinion, Bath is not missing decent back three players- as opposed to forwards at least. Probably totally wrong, but that's my take.

It might just be contrast with Falcons though, we covet our gems. Then go full golem when we let them go and they languish in obscurity elsewhere. McGuigan, Brookes, Barrow, etc, I'm sure GeordieFalcon can think of more. Seems a shame to lose people who are stars for us to be squad fillers elsewhere.

Watson is potentially more special however, and I exaggerate about the above players.

Totally agree mate. Too many in the past have sacrificed first team games to go and sit on the bench or in the c squads for bigger teams. Mickey Young and Alex Gray is another that springs to mind...and he only went to Irish!

I do think this is a trend that is changing mind. Many of our young kids see the progress and having Dean there will stop them moving.

Wing is a curious position. Watson is a classy player. No doubt. And he didn't do much at Sarries or Irish I think before he went to the 7's scene. I would like to think he'll show some loyalty but if not then good luck to the lad...he will be a VERY good asset for Wasps.

If we do lose him...we have Kibirige finally back and looking electric again and young Marshall and Radwan coming through. We'll be alright!

Last edited:

Just to point out Barrow is injured and has played 28 games for Tigers starting 24 of them aswell in a season and a bit how is that obscurity?

Think he has played in every game when he has been fit, really rated by Tigers.

Yeah Barrow was brought in from Leeds, was in and out of the team with injury and moved on to Tigers. He has played for them when fit.

Of the current crop, im confident that very few will actually move on.

The likes of Kibirige, Willis, Witty, Robinson, Chick, Nelson, Scotty Wilson, Brett Conon, Marshall, Penny, etc should give us a team predominantly academy produced.

Yeah...in all honesty It will be very interesting to see what kind of advances from other clubs would make them upsticks.

Watson is an exception in that hes from down South.

I'd like to think the majority would stay now. But only time will tell.

Has McGuigan been getting much time for you guys?

The likes of Kibirige, Willis, Witty, Robinson, Chick, Nelson, Scotty Wilson, Brett Conon, Marshall, Penny, etc should give us a team predominantly academy produced.

I approve of that. I think Quins are similar, but others could take note.

It could be quite possible that in a couple of years we could put out the following in a prem game...most of the academy players have had plenty of gametime for the 1st's already. We'll just need to find a LH prop!

1 Need to find a LH.
2 David Nelson / Blamire (Both Academy players on the verge of 1st XV)
3 Scotty Wilson (Falcons Academy - Established 1st XV Player)
4 Sean Robinson (Falcons Academy - Established 1st XV Player
5 Will Witty(Falcons Academy - Established 1st XV Player
6 Will Welch (Falcons Academy - Established 1st XV Player - Current Captain)
7 Mark Wilson (Falcons Academy - Established 1st XV Player)
8 Callum Chick (Falcons Academy - Established 1st XV Player - England U20 World Cup winning Captain)

9 Rhaurid Dawson (Falcons Academy, Scotland U20)
10 Joel Hodgson (Falcons Academy) / Brett Connon (Falcons Academy, Ireland U20)
11 Zac Kibirige (Falcons Academy and former England U20)
12 Craig Willis (Falcons Academy)
13 Tom Penny / Adam Redman (Both Falcon academy)
14 Dan Marshall (Falcon Academy)
15 Simon Hammersley (Falcons Academy - Established 1st XV Player)

So Luke McAllister has signed a two-year contract with Toulon when rumour had it that he was going to La Rochelle.
Apparently to replace Matt Giteau - hardly a like for like replacement. Strange as Trinh Duc and Bernard will be ahead of him in the number 10 pecking order.
Still no indication of a move for Toby Flood, whose contract with Toulouse ends this season.

Latest posts