• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2016-2017

Can't see it doing sale imagine in the league supporters world any good, esp since that is a market they are trying to creep into.

No, it's not... in any way.

But I doubt Sale wouldn't have checked.

I suspect that works both ways.
Like I say, ultimately he will get his was but it looks to be taking the p*ss to register him for Europe while it's under dispute.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't see it doing sale imagine in the league supporters world any good, esp since that is a market they are trying to creep into.

Doesn't look like they care, which is interesting as you'd expect League fans to be their best target market.
Maybe they think that taking a player from a Yorkshire club doesn't count.

Yeah we've gone around it in a real ****ty way.
It doesn't sound like we've done anything technically wrong, as I imagine we've had lawyers pouring over the contract making sure everything's above board.
Probably means rugby contracts are going to be changed up in the very near future.
The UFC has a clause in their contracts that says while you're contracted to them you can't take part in any other combat sport/martial art without their blessing, even if you retire mid contract - I imagine a "team sport" type clause will be brought in.

Not necessarily the case though.

I suspect there might be more to it, and it'll come out after all is done. Then again maybe not.

Not necessarily the case though.

I suspect there might be more to it, and it'll come out after all is done. Then again maybe not.

Honestly I doubt there's any more too it than a young guy having his head turned by a big wage.

Cas' don't have the best financial resources so whenever we do well, a couple of players always get poached at the end of the season. We're used to it, although it's usually a little more above board.

Honestly I doubt there's any more too it than a young guy having his head turned by a big wage.

Wouldn't disagree. But the process that led to the current situation could have gone a number of different ways.

Tanaka signing for the Sunwolves is some of the best transfer news I've heard in a while.

Great news for me, Tigs, the Sunwolves' other 12 fans and Japanese rugby.
Me and Tigs are gonna pound three seasons of Digimon in celebration tonight if any of you guys wanna join.

Last edited:
Great news for me, Tigs, the Sunwolves' other 12 fans and Japanese rugby.
Me and Tigs are gonna pound three seasons of Digimon in celebration tonight if any of you guys wanna join.

Gabumon FTW bruv.

Hoping more of the Japanese players follow, could become very dangerous. If they sign Goromaru I might go on a Gurren Lagann binge.

Starting Japanese lesson in January going to be fluent by the time 2019 comes around so I can find my Waifu.

Hopefully they can sign up a few of last year's Japan u20's.

Hopefully esp the Tongan born winger

Last edited:
Anyone know what their under 20 beasty boy Ataata Moeakiola is at. Can't find anything on him. They should look to bring Mafi and Goromaru (what a waste it is him rotting away at Toulon) back in as well. Need to bring in their best players if they want to take SR seriously.

Probably in the university system somehwere, afaik that's where most of their junior players play.

Anyone know what their under 20 beasty boy Ataata Moeakiola is at. Can't find anything on him. They should look to bring Mafi and Goromaru (what a waste it is him rotting away at Toulon) back in as well. Need to bring in their best players if they want to take SR seriously.

Don't think he is sign up by anyone yet playing for a Japanese Uni currently so hopefully Sunwolves.

Would imagine his agent prob shopping him out to every super rugby club though.

Looks like he's been capped by the senior team though? That's good news if true. A back three of him, Goromaru (out of contract at Toulon this Summer, don't know why they'd retain him now his celebrity is gone, don't know why he'd stay) and Yamada (9 times in 10 games, I seriously rate him) would have a decent bit of thump I think, although out wide wasn't really where Sunwolves struggled so much last year. They went from the ridiculous to the sublime to the downright abysmal.

Last edited:
Wouldn't disagree. But the process that led to the current situation could have gone a number of different ways.

Well it's all over bar the shouting it seems.
Quote from Solomona at the end of June:
""I'm happy here, so why would I want to change that? .....I see no reason why we'd want to change things."

I can see only one reason tbh.

Latest posts