• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2016-2017

Bristol signed Jason Woodward from Hurricanes, good signings, adding wing and fullback cover with a kicking option as well as top level experience

He's talented, but I get the impression he coasts because he's a giant.

It'll be interesting to see what a few months with them does for him, I wouldn't be surprised if he/they hammer his conditioning.

Does he even jump at lineout time I can't remember? How is he going to fit Into our system?

Finally changed the stickies thread and moved a few over..

Anyhoo on the subject of Skelton jumping, he looks like jumping is a scientifically impossible venture. So that's Sarries replacement for Eztebeth who tunred them down/they turned him down

In other 2nd Row news, Dan Tuohy has joined Bristol with immediate effect, Touhy was born in Bristol and played for Weston Super Mare (can't be perfect I guess). I suspect December and January to be a busy couple of months for the club, not just in terms of players but it sets the scene for the rest of our year and where we play next season

We've added Solomona (and Charnley) to our European Squad, according to the euro rugby site today, so I guess that's that confirmed!
Bet Sale are a bit annoyed they didn't get to announce it properly though

Hopefully means they can rest him (he's clearly first choice at this point, IMO), so that he isn't injured for the U20's games.

I'm not convinced Solomona's going to be that good anyway.

Yeah Odogwu is first choice, especially with Addison out for an undetermined amount of time with concussion issues

They say he is clearly first choice but failed to start the last two games.

Can't see him wanting to play in the u20's 6N's over the AP?

We've added Solomona (and Charnley) to our European Squad, according to the euro rugby site today, so I guess that's that confirmed!
Bet Sale are a bit annoyed they didn't get to announce it properly though

The Solomona thing is all a bit controversial as Castleford (my team on the dark side) are still very unhappy and threatening court and such.
Effectively he's still contracted to another organisation so, while I'm sure he'll get his way eventually, I can't see how he will be able to play in the short term.

As an attacking threat he is something else - not quite sure how we will front up defensively though as it's definitely not his strong suit.

I can't see what would be stopping him, legally.

Certainly not domestic Rugby laws.

I can't see what would be stopping him, legally.

Certainly not domestic Rugby laws.

Devil's in the detail but contract/employment law is likely to be the area they're focusing on.

Don't know enough about those things to be honest but Charnley moved at the end of a contract - this ain't quite the same thing it seems.

No, it's not... in any way.

But I doubt Sale wouldn't have checked.

Latest posts