• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Irish signings haven't really worked for Exeter in recent times. Dunne and O'Brien might have looked like good signings on paper but haven't come close to hitting the heights of Steenson and Whitten.
Is O'Brien meant to be O'Loughlin or are Irish exports underperforming so badly over there we both forgot one existed?

Is O'Brien meant to be O'Loughlin or are Irish exports underperforming so badly over there we both forgot one existed?
Yeah, I was thinking of Sean O'Brien (the centre who might have already left?) but that's because I clean forgot about O'Loughlin.

Milne and Boyle set to stay but several Leinster men joining other provinces https://the42.ie/6361363

Ed Byrne ---> Ulster
Temi Lasisi --> Connacht
Ben Murphy--> Connacht

Change was asked for, looks like it's coming. If they fail to develop these guys questions should be asked, onus on Ulster / Connacht (who I'm significantly less worried about) to prove their worth.

Milne and Boyle set to stay but several Leinster men joining other provinces https://the42.ie/6361363

Ed Byrne ---> Ulster
Temi Lasisi --> Connacht
Ben Murphy--> Connacht
And Jack Murphy, Wilhelm de Klerk and Sam Berman to Ulster.

Chris Cosgrave to somewhere.

I don't think any of these are players Leinster will lose sleep about, and to be honest I'd say most of them just weren't offered deals. De Klerk probably the pick of the bunch for me.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was thinking of Sean O'Brien (the centre who might have already left?) but that's because I clean forgot about O'Loughlin.
Didn't even know he was ever there. In Munster now getting good game time and going ok.

Really wish it went well for ROL who I hear went ok last year and by the looks of it is injured or very out of favour this year?

Always thought he was a bit of an outlier in that the Leinster and Ireland system worked against him. He had broken into the Leinster team and was playing fantastic rugby on the wing, and earned an Ireland cap in the 2017 squad that went to Japan. Season after Ringrose had his Leinster minutes reduced as he was starting for Ireland and ROL moved to centre to cover, Larmour then took his shot on the wing and was favoured. If ROL had continued on the wing I think he could have a lot of Larmour's 32 caps, had the better athletic profile for international rugby where JL has never excelled. Instead he became a Pro 14 centre / European number 23.

Now Larmour is only 26 and going through a bit of a career renaissance but I just don't really see it happening for him.

O'Connor only signed a new deal last summer - could've been a 1yr extension though, tbf
Or maybe the IRFU are bored of giving all their money to Leinster and want to throw some Bristol's way

Latest posts