• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF 2024 Player of the Tournament

Who should be named player of the Tournament?

• Reffell

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Earl

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Brex

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Lamaro

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Gibson Park

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Porter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aki

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Van Der Merve

• H Jones

• Other

• Total voters
Le Garrec was handy too for France once they picked him

100%. I know he's been on the scene longer but JGP delivered excellent performances throughout too, especially when you consider that he had a new inexperienced (at test level) FH alongside him. Showed great leadership.

But more seriously to tie the record of most turnovers in potentially one of the worst non Italy 6n sides ever, is extremely impressive
Surely it's easier to get turnovers in a poor team that's being forced to make lots of tackles and in turn have lots of defensive rucks.

It's a boring selection, but I can't look past Earl. His 24 defenders beaten is as big a statistical outlier as Reffell's 8 turnovers and I believe his 400m+ carried in a middle-of-the-road England side stands out from the competition too. His 2 tries and 2 MOTM performances are not to be sneezed at either.

Aki, Earl, Menoncello and Duhan are up for the official player of the tournament

Surely it's easier to get turnovers in a poor team that's being forced to make lots of tackles and in turn have lots of defensive rucks.

It's a boring selection, but I can't look past Earl. His 24 defenders beaten is as big a statistical outlier as Reffell's 8 turnovers and I believe his 400m+ carried in a middle-of-the-road England side stands out from the competition too. His 2 tries and 2 MOTM performances are not to be sneezed at either.
Not really true Wales had more possession than England, wngland made more tackle in their game and yet Reffell made 4 turnovers

Not really true Wales had more possession than England, wngland made more tackle in their game and yet Reffell made 4 turnovers
In which case, he had one game in which he was outstanding in winning turnovers and only averaged one per game in the other four matches. Still an impressive return, but it doesn't speak of outstanding performances across the tournament to put him into POTT contention IMO, particularly given that turnovers are the only point of difference that I've seen anyone use to make a case for him.

Reffell was quality all tournament, genuinely surprised to see that being questioned

I went for Brex but Earl would definitely be a worthy winner

Reffell was quality all tournament, genuinely surprised to see that being questioned

I went for Brex but Earl would definitely be a worthy winner
You're not. I'm just questioning his player-of-the-tournament credentials. Other than turnovers, he was one of the better back-rowers in the tournament, but not miles ahead of the competition.

Gone for Lamaro, I think he's been inspirational as a captain for Italy and a key part of their success where if not for a weird incident, they would have won 3 matches and came close to more such as against England. Also believe he's leading the tournament for tackles and just oozes class and grit. Only 26 years old to boot.

Edit*
Not only has he made the most tackles he has broken the all-time 6N record by averaging over 25 tackles a game (103 total). Next closest this tournament is Dafydd Jenkins on 79.

Last edited:
averaging over 25 tackles a game (103 total)
Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Honestly looking at this squad the drain of English talent isn't that bad at all. The team looks average

Also Henry is playing for Stade not Pau

Whoops wrong thread

Last edited:
Honestly looking at this squad the drain of English talent isn't that bad at all. The team looks average

Also Henry is playing for Stade not Pau
does that team even win the premiership? It's a couple stars and some guys abroad cause the championship pays peanuts.

England would absolutely batter that side, it wouldn't even be close

I'd missed/forgotten that Collier is going to France - such a shame he never got more of a shot with England, was thinking how he was impressive vs Saracens despite everything else going on in that game

The player of the tournament thing is a bit of a joke really. The fact that only one English player has won it in the 20 years the tournament has had it is ridiculous. Hell now even Italy have won it more than us. It's complete ******** to claim that in the last 20 years there has only been 1 time we have had the best player of the tournament.

Latest posts