• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Collaboration Contest 2

G

Goth Power

Hey folks!

Its time for contest number two!

Congratulations to Rothlain for beating me in the last round, it was well deserved.

But this time, I want more contestants please for this will have a small twist...or two :p

The theme for this contest is "Collab Covers"
You must submit music created by another band or artist since 1990 to the present time. It can be anything from Slipknot, to Razorlight, Shaggy, to REM, or even Trivium, to Take That.

All I'm going to say is have fun, and the winner will choose the genre/theme for the following competition...and all contestants who compete will need to create music along the lines of the chosen genre.

The Official Rules

Each contestant must submit there piece of music by Thursday 30th November.

A poll will be opened shortly after to determine the winner.
- After a weeks worth of voting the poll will close and a winner will be announced.

The music created MUST of been covered by another band or artist within 1990 to present.

The winner will have the choise of a genre/theme for the following competition.

So get your entries in, I want to know who is taking part ASAP!

Good luck.

Hey folks!

Its time for contest number two!

Congratulations to Rothlain for beating me in the last round, it was well deserved.

But this time, I want more contestants please for this will have a small twist...or two :p

The theme for this contest is "Collab Covers"
You must submit music created by another band or artist since 1990 to the present time. It can be anything from Slipknot, to Razorlight, Shaggy, to REM, or even Trivium, to Take That.

All I'm going to say is have fun, and the winner will choose the genre/theme for the following competition...and all contestants who compete will need to create music along the lines of the chosen genre.

The Official Rules

Each contestant must submit there piece of music by Thursday 30th November.

A poll will be opened shortly after to determine the winner.
- After a weeks worth of voting the poll will close and a winner will be announced.

The music created MUST of been covered by another band or artist within 1990 to present.

The winner will have the choise of a genre/theme for the following competition.

So get your entries in, I want to know who is taking part ASAP!

Good luck.
[/b]

Bring it!

Good man!

Contestants

Goth Power - Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes)
O'Rothlain - TBC

My piece has already been completed but I may add or edit it in some way...

Seven Nation Army

Come on people! Only me and Rothlain are contesting here...

What happened to that welsh guy who said he would compete in the next contest?

Give me a chance, i've been working all day!

Haha!

Count me in.

Just gotta think about what song i'm gonna play now.

With the Thanksgiving holiday yesterday, I've just haven't had the time to do mine...but...it's coming, I swear!!! When it's up be sure not to let your lady-friends listen, or they'll leave you for me!

This is hard.
My voice and guitar playing sounds awful regardless of what i cover!

I should try something basic.
I was thinking along the lines of The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love
or Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody.

You know, nothing too complicated.

Seen as there has been a late entry of contenders I shall extend the deadline till the 10th of December.

Nice to see some more contenders though :)

Good...
I haven't had time to sit down and record anything...I have it all worked out, but now need to "hit the studio" and by studio, I mean a crappy computer mic.

Yeah, thats all I have.

1 crappy headset mic
1 Stagg X-300 Warlock guitar
1 copy of Audicity
1 table to bang on for drums/rythmn

:p

Contestants (Updated)

Goth Power - Seven Nation Army
O'Rothlain - TBC
Rugby_Cymru - TBC

Wow, you've got more than me!

Equipment:

Crappy pc mic
Windows Sound Recorder
Crappy Voice
Tanglewood Acoustic Guitar

Thank god for the extension!
I've not recorded anything thanx to work and tv!

Well its just for fun, I know for a fact I am crap with instruments and my voice is awful but I still love music.

Well its just for fun, I know for a fact I am crap with instruments and my voice is awful but I still love music.
[/b]

If you're in the same league as me then O'Roth, over there, is gonna show us up.

*Whispers quietly* How about we ban him? So at least i have some chance of winning?

:p

Nah, he needs some competition :p

I love making my music, I know its not brilliant, or fancy but its more of a learning experience than anything.

I shall be getting an electric drum pad set soon, so I can add actual drums sounds and rythmn to my music which will be cool.

And may even invest in some good equipment so that I can record guitar sounds directly on the system instead of using a shitty little headset mic.

I'd love to invest in some proper equipment...just need to find the cash that's all. :rolleyes:

Ok...i think i'll go with:

SemiSonic - Closing Time

It may be out of my vocal range, but it's the same 4 chords over and over throughout the songs.
I may not be able to sing it buut at least i can play it. :D

Have you done it or are you going to do it?

PM me if you need some uploading hints etc...

Latest posts