• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Rugby 10 Patch

I know this may sound stupid, but I have downloaded both files and put them in the EA Sports Rugby folder but it still doesn't work, it just freezes on the ea sports rugby 08 page...
I don't suppose you could give me some step by step instructions on how to set it up?
Thank you so much​

What is the filename for the kits of the Cats team in r06, because the lions kit dont work in r06.

what do i have to do???​

King this is maybe not a related question with the patch , but do you have any face making tutorial ?
I sent you a PM.

how do i get ireland to play in a different stadium to landsdowne road in the 6 nations?
is there any chance of an aviva for landsdowne update
even something like aussie stadium would be a ringer for the aviva
I will see what I can do about it, I can't build new stadiums, I just update and modify them.And I think I've already used Aussie Stadium for Thomond Park...

I know this may sound stupid, but I have downloaded both files and put them in the EA Sports Rugby folder but it still doesn't work, it just freezes on the ea sports rugby 08 page...
I don't suppose you could give me some step by step instructions on how to set it up?
Thank you so much
I really can't give you more instructions on how to install this patch and roster...Take a screen shot of your Rugby 08 main folder(where your Rugby08.exe is) to where you must have extracted the patch files and your My Documents\EA SPORTS(TM) Rugby 08 folder where the Rugby10.ros folder must be please and upload it and post it here so I can see what's wrong and try and help you.

Thanks king for a fantastic update. It really is amazing, quite how you get around copyright issues I don't wanna know! Manu tuilagi is the one brother who although is samoan, has played for england through the agegroups from u16. No reason why you should know that as he is hardly a house hold name! Im just a massive tigers fan! I dont know is anyone else has noticed this with gameplay, but no matter how good the kicker is, when the opposition is given a penalty and they decide to kick for touch, the effort is pathetic and they only make 20 yards max. I got rid of the mod and noticed that this problem didn't happen. So don't know whats gone on their.

A second point regarding the gamplay with good flyhalves, when in possession, all they ever do is kick for touch, why on earth can't they play expansive and open rugby than a game of ping pong. I know you can't alter the gameplay but it is very annoying!

1.) I get that "bug" in the default game and when using a patch.
2.) That I (and you yourself) can change by giving all the teams set-plays that don't contain the "pocket" set-play.

Jdv is there a way to make dropgoals 55m + i mean frans steyn does it from 60 easyly
No you can't sorry.

Hey King, do you know which new faces will be showing up in the new update? Keith Earls would be a good one or any of the following; Tomas O' Leary, Stephen Ferris, Sean O' Brien, Jamie Heaslip, Jonathan Sexton?

Fair play to you and the guys for breathing new life into the game.
Unfortunately we don't have alot of face makers that are active at the moment, so don't expect any new faces really...

Any idea when the next update will be out? thanks.
Will do my best to release the update next weekend.

Cheers bud but it doesn't work cus there is nothing to open it with??
Do you mean you can't open the .rar archive?

downloaded the patch and roster last week. works a charm. anyway of making new patch to add the championship to play in :D would love to see moseley have double figures in wins again :D

I hope you will bring one more update out before the launch off the two new rugby games. Don't know why but I just get the feeling I'll be playing the TRF patch of 08 till the TRF patch of 12 is released. Can't wait for your update. Thanks for the hard work.

hey,
just wanted to say how much I appreciate this patch. I honestly can't fault you since you're doing this for free, you're a saint.
I was wondering if anyone knows of a Melbourne Rebels patch or mod?

Gr8 work JDV and co. you guys have made this game worth playing again, can't wait for the next update...

Is there anythin special u need 2 do when installing on Windows7?

First of all, I cannot thank you enough for this, its unbelieveable, and free! You're a legened!

Second, I have a slight problem..I was playing out the 2010/2011 as Harlequins, and then it got to their away fixture with Leeds. As it was loading an error message came up saying "Async load of handle 474d8471765e6d21f94690212c3f893.a.big(208160) failed?! Please pleas PLEASE help, as Quins were oncourse for a playoff spot and I would love to continue but can't get past this error!

I also have a similar problem but with the Highlanders in the 1st season (playing agains Leeds), the following error message displays, and then i have to click ok that takes me back to desktop. please help.

"Async load of handle b5bd2d04586c75751d40e852c9b7e721.big (513) failed "

Last edited:
First of all, I cannot thank you enough for this, its unbelieveable, and free! You're a legened!

Second, I have a slight problem..I was playing out the 2010/2011 as Harlequins, and then it got to their away fixture with Leeds. As it was loading an error message came up saying "Async load of handle 474d8471765e6d21f94690212c3f893.a.big(208160) failed?! Please pleas PLEASE help, as Quins were oncourse for a playoff spot and I would love to continue but can't get past this error!

Hi Tedwardpowell

Look on the first page of this thread you will see a Leeds patch that you need to download this error happens because the Leeds Stadium is misisng in the World League.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts