• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Rugby Leagues

Member: Stumpy7780
Conference: GMT
Console: Xbox 360

Member: Thingimubob (both my gamertag and my TRF name ;))
Conference: GMT (dont mind playing in cross-time zone competitions though)

Got my Xbox a couple of days ago and likely to be pre-ordering RWC2011 very soon :D really like this idea, and should be back in Uni by the time we get into the full swing of things. Probably gonna get RC at some point too, just gonna see how it goes!
I did see that someone mentioned about the problems with lag when others use the same network, problem is in september I'm gonna be moving in with 2 big online gamers who also have xbox's as well as another guy who'll be using the internet a lot too. Haven't sorted out our internet provider for next year, so reckon anyone who's had experience with internet in student housing can point me towards a decent deal on a good speed internet for that kind of usage?

Member: Thingimubob (both my gamertag and my TRF name ;))
Conference: GMT (dont mind playing in cross-time zone competitions though)

Got my Xbox a couple of days ago and likely to be pre-ordering RWC2011 very soon :D really like this idea, and should be back in Uni by the time we get into the full swing of things. Probably gonna get RC at some point too, just gonna see how it goes!
I did see that someone mentioned about the problems with lag when others use the same network, problem is in september I'm gonna be moving in with 2 big online gamers who also have xbox's as well as another guy who'll be using the internet a lot too. Haven't sorted out our internet provider for next year, so reckon anyone who's had experience with internet in student housing can point me towards a decent deal on a good speed internet for that kind of usage?

Well I used Virgin Media for my internet and TV, and they are the most reasonable in terms of price as you don't have to pay for installation that other companies charge sometimes £100+ for. Our internet was good in my 3rd year because we lived in quite a quiet area of the city and therefore not many people were using the internet all the time through our server, and we could easily get 3 of us playing online on seperate consoles no problem. However, in my second year I lived in a really dense student area so everyone was going through the same server and our speed (that was meant to be 15mb/ps) was lucky to get over 2mb/ps and usually was around 1. That meant playing online was sometimes an issue, especially in the early evening when it was nearly impossible.

Those are things to bear in mind, but if you live where lots of students live you can't really do anything about it. Also, I'll just tell you that I have had a plethora of problems with Virgin Media. Their customer service is terrible and they straight up tried to make us pay for 3 months more than we had signed up for this year. Admittedly, their engineers have been great, but trying to resolve something over the phone has often left me like this:
wi09jb.jpg

Just shop around and see what you think!

Yeah have been leaning towards Virgin atm, but def worth having a look round.
Really looking forward to this thougj, never really got into anything like this with fifa since ive only just bought a good online gaming console. Just need the games to come out now!

This is a great idea, but the only drawback is players not fulfilling fixtures or dropping connection for whatever reason.

Member:fred.arnold trf and deadlysquirell = psn
Conference: CAT But i do work from bout 13h00 to 00h00 other than that i can play
Console: Ps3

Hey just wana give a thaught on the team seletion thingy... Maybe you should make up the leagues by tracking only the player and not the player and his team. So then everytime you have a game you can stick with the same team or choose a different team, that will also rule out having two of the same teams in one league. Just saying... And i think it will also give be great because you wont get bored of playing with the same team the whole time...

And sory if this idea has popped up before i didnt want to go through all the posts...

Wow, pretty good column.

Hopefully it is as good as he (or she, lets not be sexist) is making out, just want to get my hands on it now..

Football Highlights

Member= peks89
Xboxlive ID= EndOvaBay420
Conference= Anytime

dunno if this is still on....but wouldnt mind a RC tourney

Latest posts