• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Rugby Leagues

Funds permitting I'll be getting both,
World Cup will be my priority though because I'll be pre-ordering that

Not fussed about which I'll play online - hopefully there's a lot of crossover in controls though, took me ages to get RL3 right after playing Rugby08 for so long

Like the sound of the awards - depending on what stats we'll be noting down/it gives you could have the Wilkinson Award for most DGs, award for most kicks, scrums won/lost etc.etc.

Unless either developer does something massively stupid, I'll get both and play whatever.

I think silly awards should be done on a season-by-season basis, only giving them out when someone does something spectacular(ly bad).

I reckon every week randomise team selection ...so nobody will be stuck with a **** team and nobody can remain with N.Z ..

Most O'Gara like - missed tackles
Sean O'Brien impersonator of the tournament - most handsome , best player
Barbarians rugby - most metres made running the ball

that sort of thing ?

I will be getting HB and 505's game first and wait to see the reviews for Rugby Challenge; gotta feeling rugby challenge won't have close to the quality Graphics/Visuals and Gameplay that HB's game will have. GO HB and 505 GO!!! The one that Looks the best and plays the best (Most realistic gameplay) is the one i will always be playing no matter if Rugby Challenge might have more Licensed teams. HB have not announced everything and could have some licenses such as Currie Cup...as a South African that is what i am hoping for, seeing that RC have exclusive rights to Superugby...i think it is exclusive? Probably been answered already, sorry if so.

I will be getting HB and 505's game first and wait to see the reviews for Rugby Challenge; gotta feeling rugby challenge won't have close to the quality Graphics/Visuals and Gameplay that HB's game will have. GO HB and 505 GO!!! The one that Looks the best and plays the best (Most realistic gameplay) is the one i will always be playing no matter if Rugby Challenge might have more Licensed teams. HB have not announced everything and could have some licenses such as Currie Cup...as a South African that is what i am hoping for, seeing that RC have exclusive rights to Superugby...i think it is exclusive? Probably been answered already, sorry if so.

You can expect a quality output from HB, but im also tentitively optimistic about Rugby Challenge.. Just the fact that Sidhe keeps emphasizing how much of a non issue money is, from what ive gathered HES has really come to the party and allowed for them to flex their creative muscles without the budget issues the normally hamper Rugby/League games. I'm going to buy the first one that comes out, and then i figure my brother will get the other for his birthday (which i will then ask to borrow for an extended period of time)

I reckon every week randomise team selection ...so nobody will be stuck with a **** team and nobody can remain with N.Z ..

Most O'Gara like - missed tackles
Sean O'Brien impersonator of the tournament - most handsome , best player
Barbarians rugby - most metres made running the ball

that sort of thing ?

Yeah thats the kinda thing I was on about. Obviously though it has to be something that can be measured such as DGs as Olyy pointed out.

throwing my hat in the ring...

Member ID: ezeqiel
Conference: GMT
Console: xbox360

have pre-orderd RWC2012 from GAME, so thats what I'll be playing on initially. Depending on how good RWC2012's online play will be and then what Sidhe bring to the table I am open to changing games or even buying & playing both.

(filled in the survey too)

throwing my hat in the ring...

Member ID: ezeqiel
Console: xbox360

have pre-orderd RWC2012 from GAME, so thats what I'll be playing on initially. Depending on how good RWC2012's online play will be and then what Sidhe bring to the table I am open to changing games or even buying & playing both.

(filled in the survey too)

Brilliant thanks for that mate :) I'll add you to the list!

Oh by the way to avoid any confusion my TRF member name is my PS3 ID... How about that for efficiency.

Hi just sayin this is a great idea! Would love to be a part of it all and will be trashing all of you (Yeah right). Anyway:
ID: x iGreenyBoii x
Console: Xbox 360

Just want to give this thread a bit of a bump to see if anyone else would mind filling in the survey if they haven't.

So far 18 people have filled it out which I am very thankful for :)

Ideally would like that number to get to around 30 so I can get a more accurate representation of opinion. Then I can produce the results based on this.

Here is the link: http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=5c4e09b5-652b-4f6d-bbc9-38968797a871

Thank you :)

If you need more people I'll get a few of my mates to join TRF or something and I'll post the link on the GAME comments section for RWC 2011 and I'll just post it anywhere I can and see if that helps.

Ideas
- country cups (e.g scotland players play each other to find best in country then the winner goes into a world cup against other country cup winners) The world cup basically for best players in each country
-Think you should start the league after the real world cup has finished
-However pre season friendlies could be played before this e.g during world cup (arranged on TRF)
-Think the league games should be on a sunday as most players have matches on saturday and may be unable to play

Ideas
- country cups (e.g scotland players play each other to find best in country then the winner goes into a world cup against other country cup winners) The world cup basically for best players in each country
-Think you should start the league after the real world cup has finished
-However pre season friendlies could be played before this e.g during world cup (arranged on TRF)
-Think the league games should be on a sunday as most players have matches on saturday and may be unable to play

Thank for the ideas mate,

I think after the RWC sounds like the best idea. Everyone needs to get to grips with the game(s) and will possibly be busy around the WC. Plus interest in the leagues will likely be at its peak after the WC so it makes more sense to start it after than have everyone wanting to join after it has started.

Also like the idea of country cups. Obviously need enough interest and people from the respective countries first.

As for playing on Sunday I just think the best idea is to give everyone a week to play the fixture. Then the players just sort it out between them. If you can only play Sunday that is cool but you'll just need to let the other player know that in good time so you can sort it out.

Latest posts