• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Rugby Leagues

Also think a good idea may be to get a sig editor on-board. I recently used a sig userbar made by M Two One from this thread here, and they are really good. We could get him or another willing designer to make userbars for League and Cup winners to display on their signature.

So you could have a bar in your sig saying "Season 2 - League 2 Champion" or "Season 3 - League A Cup Winner" etc

Good idea?

Smaller leagues could be a better bet, and organize them into a flexibility groups.

E.g. what Ranger says ... maybe a group for people who can arrange to play a game at a different time during the week or so?

Yeah brilliant that sounds like a great idea and would certainly cater for people who want to play more, or less while not punishing anyone. Then that would ease the issue regarding fixture fulfilment.

We can just make conferences. I think the GMT timezone will have the most teams, the GMT +12 (NZ and AU) timezone will have less. Also we might have some people from across the Atlantic (Canada, Argentina, USA). Is that an idea?

We can just make conferences. I think the GMT timezone will have the most teams, the GMT +12 (NZ and AU) timezone will have less. Also we might have some people from across the Atlantic (Canada, Argentina, USA). Is that an idea?

Conferences like Super Rugby? :lol:

I think this would be a great idea! Would be a lot easier to manage for those people rather than just doing it on GMT time. Then that would open up the possibility of having a Champions Cup/Shield/Vase etc once every year between the respective finishing positions of the teams in the different conferences.

I may have to start training one of my night carers to set me up on the Xbox, so I'm available a bit more often.

Well, good to see it's valued as a serious option. I think it would be amazing. Depending on the number of teams I think we can have 1 Pan American conference (Canada, Argentina, USA etc.), 1 Australasian conference (Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Japan etc.) and 2 or 3 GMT conferences (Europe and South Africa)

Well, good to see it's valued as a serious option. I think it would be amazing. Depending on the number of teams I think we can have 1 Pan American conference (Canada, Argentina, USA etc.), 1 Australasian conference (Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Japan etc.) and 2 or 3 GMT conferences (Europe and South Africa)

Completely agree with the time zones idea, far more logical than attempting to squeeze in a game at possibly quite inconvenient times.

We're going to need to establish who plays 360/PS3 though. No point diving into the technical side if we don't have the logistics worked out first, we pretty much need 12 people from each time zone AND on the same console before we can set up any real league.

However I'm totally down for that and worst comes to worst most of us could probably get together a couple of mates into our respective leagues.

Completely agree with the time zones idea, far more logical than attempting to squeeze in a game at possibly quite inconvenient times.

We're going to need to establish who plays 360/PS3 though. No point diving into the technical side if we don't have the logistics worked out first, we pretty much need 12 people from each time zone AND on the same console before we can set up any real league.

However I'm totally down for that and worst comes to worst most of us could probably get together a couple of mates into our respective leagues.

Hey nice to see you onboard Aedaphon!

Yeah seems pretty much certain now that there will be seperate timezone Leagues as it is far more practical. As we have so many questions that need to be answered by each individual to check logistics I think it might be worth me making a survey on a seperate website so I can view the statistics of exactly how many people have each console, and where those people are from.

Right guys, just making a quick survey so I can get live stats on what the TRF community views are.

I have so far covered some general questions, location specific ones and ones to do with contentious areas of the League. Can you think of any obvious questions to put in that you would want considered?

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Go on then, Sign me up!

Member: TehMite
Conference: GMT
Console: Xbox 360

Member: Bus W nkers
Console: Xbox 360

Will take the survey now too :)

Last edited:
Don't worry I'm PS3 too :p

Might have to go and play my league matches at a friend's house the way this is going though...

Member: Aedaphon
Console: PS3

Latest posts