• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Rugby Leagues

All those who agree that people who quit the games should be impaled say I .....

Member:Torrrr7
Conference: Americas (Would also be willing to play in the GMT one if necessary)
Console:pS3

Brilliant! Glad to see so many people are getting involved and interested. Thank you so much for for taking the time to get on board! :D August can't come soon enough!

Brilliant, this is shaping up nicely. So far we have:

GMT League - Xbox 360 - 6 Members
GMT League - PS3 - 4 Members (5 members if FCBayernDM joins from Americas League if not enough interest)

Americas + Australasia members:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I'm compiling all the members on Excel, so can I ask anyone who signs up to do as the rest have done above, but there is one thing I would like to clarify that will make it easier in the long run:

Member ID: Can you please put your ID so that you can be added on Xbox/PS3, not your TRF member name. I can just get your TRF ID off your post.
Conference: The timezone league you would like to play in. If you are flexible to the league you play in please state this incase not enough interest in preferred league. GMT is currently the most popular.
Console: The console you will be playing on.

This will then make is easy when the league starts to send to spreadsheet out to everyone so you can quickly refer to the sheet and add the people in your league with no confusion.

If you have already signed up and have put your TRF ID instead of your PS3/Xbox ID please can you post it.

Sorry I should have clarified this before everyone started signing up! Cheers Guys :)

Member ID: Can you please put your ID so that you can be added on Xbox/PS3, not your TRF member name. I can just get your TRF ID off your post.
I thought of that before posting mine, I wasn't sure what to put at first, but then I remembered they're the same. :p

Just pick teams from random and let people know who they have got.

Its a possible alternative. If you haven't taken the survey in the opening post I would very much like to know what your views are on this and the other aspects of the league too!

Nothing has been set in stone yet but so far a lot of people have shown in the survey that being allowed to pick any team is their preference. The main problem I perceive with picking random teams for players is that when one player gets the best team in the league and the others get bottom table clubs - it would distort the league based more on the team ratings than the ability of the individual, and I can imagine some people getting frustrated, annoyed and uninterested if they get a rubbish team chosen for them, and then having to labour through 11 weeks of getting beaten by other players with better teams.

Obviously this isn't to say it is wrong - if enough people agree with you then there is no reason why this can't be done :)

i think there is no point picking a team yet as we dont know who we will like... and i am sure you would be able to play say NZ v NZ which wouldnt be a bad thing.

woosaah - PS3 - i dont care what league :)

Another massive issue that will need to be sorted after release of both games is which game everyone will play?

I personally think I will buy both games as two being released in the same year is a once in a blue moon event. This obviously increases the need for a few weeks after release when everyone can play both games and decide which one they enjoy more and then play that online. Equally members could join two seperate leagues - one for each game. I don't know. Impossible to ascertain this early but keep it in mind!

Also... I've completely finished the league table spreadsheet system so after fixtures are completed all that is required is a score and amount of tries for both teams. It then automatically calculates the Try and Losing BP's, overall points, points for and against etc and links to another main league table and ranks the teams.

What I was thinking though, to make the league a bit of a 'everyones-a-winner' fun setting, was the inclusion of end of season fun awards for things like "Worst try scoring record award" or "The England 2007 RWC Award" - most wins in the league without scoring a single try, "Not close enough Award" - most losing bonus points etc, as well as the genuine top try scorer, best win ratio etc normal awards.

Can anyone come up with some funny awards that can be given at the end of the season?

Latest posts