• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Trf's Look

S

St Helens RLFC

Anyone else agree that the way TRF looks needs a LITTLE bit? I don't want to make MASSIVE changes, just want to see how you lot would like the board to look?

Or do you like it as it is? If I make changes, will you halve my members? Etc etc. Your thoughts here please.

I reckon a background (one of DC's) would do this place good... oh and the logo needs a touch up.

Maybe try and incorporate the colours of say the top 10 rugby nations in the world in it... maybe?

i cant say i really have a problem with the scheme at the moment. possibly have a smoother look if anything - and a logo change aswell.

but if you put players or logos in a backround, i wont be happy at all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Maybe try and incorporate the colours of say the top 10 rugby nations in the world in it... maybe?[/b]
the only way that i would think this would be a idea is if we do a "favorite team" thing - like they do in ea games - in the skin and languages page you could have international teams, northern clubs, s12 (and npc please
<
) but as i said before - colour scheme only - so a all blacks one would be all black, greys and white. a logo in the backround of anything would **** the hell out of me - and bug me even more as time goes on.

Yeah. I reckon that just a little sprucing (sp?) up will be good. Maybe keep the white background behind the boxes, but editing the "Invision Blue" for sure. Definitely a new logo is a good idea. We need this place to stand out, without being messy, so I think simple flat colours in the boxes would be nice and tidy. Make this place more unique.

Also, over time we could have personalised skins as well of favourite teams etc.

But for starters, I think the above idea would be good as it would look a lot more attractive to potential members.

Perhaps we could have a wee logo competition or something....With no prize... Except satisfaction of course.

We definitely shouldn't get something too over the top. Just a wee change to the current design.

edit: sorry bout caplocks, i try to copy and change it after i wrote it but its not working, i didnt realise i was typing in cap locks - silly me

THIS PLACE IS NOT GOING DOWN HILL!
IT PI*S*S ME OFF WHEN PEOPLE SAY SO - THIS MAY APPEAR RANDOM BUT PEOPLE INVOLVED KNOW WHO THEY ARE AND IF THEY FEEL THAT WAY THEN SADLY IN MY OPINION THEY ARE WRONG... THIS FORUM IS GREAT AND I SPEND ALOT OF TIME ON HERE - THERES A GOOD BLEND OF CHARACTERS HERE AND BANTER IS USUALLY SAID IN A FREINDLY JEST. IF PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO LEAVE BECAUSE THEYVE GOT THIS PRE - IDEA THAT THIS PLACE HAS GONE DOWN HILL - THIS HAS HAPPEND BECAUSE THE BOARDS IN THE PAST HAVE BEEN BOMBARDED WITH STAFF SAYING SO - AND IF YOU KEEP HEARING SOMETHING LIKE THIS PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BELIEVE IT... THE BOARDS HAVENT CHANGED THAT MUCH IN MY OPINION... IT IRITATES ME WHEN A SENIOR MEMBER LIKE CAPTAIN OR GAY GUY DONT COME ON HERE FOR A WHILE BECAUSE WE HAVE PEOPLE THEN SAYING "THERE NOT COMING ON HERE BECAUSE ITS GONE DOWN HILL" GEESE GUYS- THERE GROWN MEN THEY HAVE LIVES, AND FAMILIES AND JOBS, IF SOMEONE DONT COME ON HERE FOR A WHILE IM SURE THERE IS A PROPER REASON TO WHY THEY HAVENT COME ON HERE AND NOT THAT THE FORUM IS GOING TO THE DOGS... IF PEOPLE WANT TO USE THAT AS AN EXSCUSE BECAUSE THEY HAVE THIS IDEA IN THE BACK OF THERE HEAD THAT THIS PLACE AINT THE SAME THEN MAYBE THEY SHOULD LEAVE AS ITS CERTAINLY NOT HELPING THE BOARDS... NEGATIVE IDEAS ABOUT THE BOARDS IS NOT WHAT WE WANT... MAYBE WE SHOULD STOP DISSCUSSING WHATS WRONG WITH THE BOARDS AND TAKE HEED FROM WHATS RIGHT WITH THEM.

THATS JUST MY OPINION.

FAIR COMMENT.

*Sorry, couldn't help it
<

No, honestly, some fair opinions/comments listed.

You say some good stuff Lora, but I want to own the place and I think it's gone downhill a little bit. I can't wait to take it over and inject life back in.

Thanks coach Lora.

...No, seriously. That was very good and you made some valid points. However, I was one of the old skool forumers from way back and this place was nearing perfection (however, nostalgia can f*** with your brain). Nah, there is no doubting that at times this place is great, unfortunately that's usually from off-topic things. I think that the biggest improvement is needed in the actual subject of rugby on this forum. IMO was definitely a great step in achieving this, from an idea perspective, unfortunately we are all very lazy people, so thats a shame it didn't quite take off.

The fact that this place is becoming a bit stale is nobodies fault though imo, but a good spruicing (seriously, how the hell do you spell that?) up is a good step. But that won't change the content (which isn't all that bad really) which isn't very attractive to hard core rugby fans, who may be put off by some of the weirder members on this forum *cough* sanzar *cough*....

In other words, this is just the ramblings which I was thinking of at that particular time.

Merry Christmas.

I still have high hopes for IMO - I'm not going to axe it JUST yet, give it time for a few months or so.

Get writing!

Has anyone noticed that Lora sounds a lot more intelligent when he's not talking about Rugby?

And that’s coming from a DUMBO too…

I jest...

Wait... I have just had an incredible idea! Why don't we try and get say, a former rugby star on here? Maybe Eddie Jones? No? Then what about Ben Darwin or some other guy (I'm stuck).

We also could get Mario back but I seriously think that may drag over some little nine year old shits.

Originally posted by umosay+Dec 21 2005, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Dec 21 2005, 08:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 21 2005, 07:30 PM
Why do we need Mario back?
Why, no on really likes his game to be fair?

lol [/b]
lol - no one really likes him either...

i think we should start a poll to see wheather we should even try to get him back.

dont shoot me

thats a bit nasty no one likes him - i mean i dont like alot of people on here but i wouldnt want them to leave.

mario would have been long gone by now as this forum hates the game and his company. the forum made their choice so we have to live with it.a update of the forum would be good as the current look is bit old and boring. thinks like personaliseed skins would be great in the future but maybe try a different colour scheme as i think the current one is a bit bland and defintely look at changing the logo

If people can be bothered making individual skins I would be more than happy to implement them, you know, people design skins in England colours with England players, SA colours with SA players, etc etc.

If you can do that sort of thing, have a go.

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 22 2005, 03:15 PM
mario would have been long gone by now as this forum hates the game and his company. the forum made their choice so we have to live with it.
That's a generalisation. And extreme.

Certain members may not like Sidhe's latest game as a poll in the Sidhe section would indicate, but only 7/45 "hate" the game, and I'd be willing to bet that out of those 7 the minority would "hate" the company.

Re: the skin. I once did something with my temporary forum. You can see it at http://www.rugbyforum.tk/. That was the standard Invision Blue but I got the colour scheme from some invision board forum.

Latest posts