• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Troy Smith

And you can argue all you want about small schools being ****, they produce some damn good quarterbacks

Brett Favre, Jim McMahon, Steve McNair, Phil Simms, Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, Ron Jaworski, Terry Bradshaw and dave Krieg.

Tell me that's a **** list of qb's(mcmahons a champ so shut your mouth)

But for acutal conferences we all know the Pac 10 makes the best qb's:

John Elway, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, Troy Aikman, Jim Plunkett

Even Qb's of today Drew Bledsoe, Carson Palmer, Mark Burnell, Jake Plummer. Those are the only guys i can think of at the moment there might be one or two more.

Though the SEC does bring:

Manning x 3, Tarkenton,Namath(my favourite, drunk *******),YA ***tle, Blanda, Sabler and of course Bart Starr.

The big 10 really doesn't have much in the way of pro qb's

Tom Brady, Bob Griese and Otto Graham.

if you really want we can throw in jim everett and kerry collins...

thats coz he's an idiot

the big ten produces more of the other positions not so much the QB.. running back anyone?

Or maybe offensive line anyone?

linebackers anyone?

safties and corners anyone?

thats coz he's an idiot

the big ten produces more of the other positions not so much the QB.. running back anyone?

[/b]

Who other than Eddie George and Franco Harris are great runningbacks from the Big 10???

You want RB's you go to the big 12. Barry Sanders, my boy Thurman Thomas, Earl Campbell, the great and long time 49er Roger Craig and Gale Sayers.

<div class='quotemain'>
Whats this about Kerry Collins having a 1.3 QB Rating?
[/b]

It was sarcasm my friend, i guess you didn't pick up the "Chris" everett joke.
[/b][/quote]

No ****.

I was just asking because a mate of mine on MSN said he had a rating of 1.3

And Miami produces more First Rounders than Hicksville State. Fact. So suck it DCThirteen

yes i mean the 5 : 1 First Rounder ratio for last year means nothing.. whereas Ohio State had two in the Top 10 ( 5 and 8 )... you're such a bandwagon fan it isnt funny, if sportscenter told you that Oregon was the best team in the NCAA you'd be sitting here stickin it up their ass that their the greatest thing since white bread.

the only U player selected FR was Kelly Jennings as the number 31 Pick.. yes miami sure did supply quite an abundance of talent to lasts years draft. Or is it because not to many graduated?

Well if thats the case why have they 2 losses to a pretty good Louisville team and a shitty Florida State team, dont make me laugh, Ohio State shits all over Miami.

yes i mean the 5 : 1 First Rounder ratio for last year means nothing.. whereas Ohio State had two in the Top 10 ( 5 and 8 )... you're such a bandwagon fan it isnt funny, if sportscenter told you that Oregon was the best team in the NCAA you'd be sitting here stickin it up their ass that their the greatest thing since white bread.

the only U player selected FR was Kelly Jennings as the number 31 Pick.. yes miami sure did supply quite an abundance of talent to lasts years draft. Or is it because not to many graduated?

Well if thats the case why have they 2 losses to a pretty good Louisville team and a shitty Florida State team, dont make me laugh, Ohio State shits all over Miami.
[/b]

Really then DC. How about the fact that Miami has had a pick in the first round since 1995. Where OSU have had none in 4 seperate years since 1998. Or that since 1998 miami has had 8 more first round draft choices than OSU(20 to 12). They also hold the record for the most first round draft picks in a single year(6), in 2 consecutive years and in three consecutive years.

Or how about the fact that since 1983 Miami has had 4 more national ***les than OSU and are only two back all time...

how about the fact that ohio state was a agricultural school for about 50 years
[/b]

What the f*** does that have to do with anything? Miami was a completely inept program until about 1980 which really started around the same time that OSU won their first national championship anyway yet are still almost equal in NC's.

you make me laugh sometimes

you should embrace your SC reasons for being a fan, i respect those fans

miami fans are all bandwagoners..

[/b]

I'm an SC fan because their Utah bowl game was one of the few college bowl games that was aired in nz and my dad was telling me stories about the rose bowl parade and what not and that my unlce went to USC and was a security guard at the collesium or rosebowl same difference really. So that's why i follow them.

But miami will always have a small portion of my heart because they were the first ncaa team i really knew. They were the espn darlings, only they were bad ass and had a swagger which made them really, really cool.

12-20 then is that the right number

yes i forgot miami will produce so many first rounders this year... yet again

how about kyle wright (if he's a senior), he's a f***in joke..

OSU will have more first rounders next year

Richardson, Pittcock, Datish, Smith... watch out 20-12, the year after well how about Ginn, Gonzo then Laur in a few years... oooo baby

Richardson, Pittcock, Datish, Smith... watch out 20-12, the year after well how about Ginn, Gonzo then Laur in a few years... oooo baby
[/b]

Greg Olsen and Brandon Meriweather are first round locks. Tyrone Moss will get a look as well but probably in the third round or later.

Pittcock and Ginn(provided he leaves) are the only garuntees for osu in the first round. There is no way anyone is drafting Smith in the first round, but if it's to be done he's lucky he's in a **** class for qb's. Quinn is clearly the cream of the crop and then after that it dwindles pretty quick. I heard Drew Stanton of Mich st was another nfl calibre qb.

So osu is not exactly going to close the gap, it's more than likely going to stay the same.

[/b]

In other words...

"I Surrender"

And DC, Good to see you've stopped the Troy Smith is going to make it in the NFL arguement.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Greg Olsen and Brandon Meriweather are first round locks. Tyrone Moss will get a look as well but probably in the third round or later.

Pittcock and Ginn(provided he leaves) are the only garuntees for osu in the first round. There is no way anyone is drafting Smith in the first round, but if it's to be done he's lucky he's in a **** class for qb's. Quinn is clearly the cream of the crop and then after that it dwindles pretty quick. I heard Drew Stanton of Mich st was another nfl calibre qb.

So osu is not exactly going to close the gap, it's more than likely going to stay the same.
[/b][/quote]

quinns lucky troy smith isnt a little bigger, he'd be the cream of the crop.. if smith had a 6 3 frame he'd be the heisman winner this year without a doubt, hell he has better numbers than quinn this far.

Smith
CMP:56
ATT:81
Yards:769
TD:7
INT:0 (dont forget he hasnt thrown one in 5 consecutive games)
Rating: 177

Quinn:
CMP: 72
ATT: 122
Yards: 767
TD: 6
INT:3
Rating: 123

now how may i ask this to you, who has better numbers?

to say quinn is the cream of the crop is ridiculous.

yes, i forgot Doug Datish is not a first round pick :rolleyes: probably the best center in the country, but he's not going to go in the first round.. im sorry for assuming that..

oh yea my bad Anthony Gonzalez not first round material either, considering he will probably be the best receiver in college football next year, i mean would it not be wrong of me to assume him to be a first round pick?

and mark my words if you wish, James Laurinaitis will be a first round pick in 2 years time. There is no doubt, he is already turning into a star on defense and he's only a freshman, young A.J. Hawk.. most deffinetly.

Ah ripper im glad to see that you cannot bring up a valid arguement for anything on which i have commented in the last few posts

Sportscenter must not be giving you any talking points this week.

Also both of your arguements are centered around the idea that Troy Smith is to small for the NFL, which brings me to another argument for you.. how about the fact that the majority of NFL quarterbacks are from the height range of 6-1 to 6-3?

Troy Smith being 6-1 makes a compelling argument for why he couldnt be considered in the "NFL Height" as you explain it.

Lets take a peak at some good quarterbacks in the NFL and their heights.
Rex Grossman - 6-1
Jeff Garcia - 6-1
Jake Delhomme - 6-2
Brett Favre - 6-2
Mark Brunnell - 6-1
JP Losman - 6-2
Donovan Mcnabb - 6-2
Drew Brees - 6-0
Steve Mcnair - 6-2
Jake Plummer - 6-2
Kurt Warner - 6-2

just some numbers i wanted to point out.

lol.

Rex Grossman - 6-1 - Injured all the time
Jeff Garcia - 6-1 - Nothing without T.O
Jake Delhomme - 6-2 - Above Average QB
Brett Favre - 6-2 - Surelock HOF who doesn't deserve to be mentioned even in the same paragraph as Smith.
Mark Brunnell - 6-1 - Solid, hardly groundbreaking
JP Losman - 6-2 - Bust
Donovan Mcnabb - 6-2 - Above average - is a better QB than Smith will ever be
Drew Brees - 6-0 - Nothing without Antonio Gates
Steve Mcnair - 6-2 - Overrated
Jake Plummer - 6-2 - Big Mistake Jake!
Kurt Warner - 6-2 - Has accuracy Smith could only dream of

And that still doesn't hide the fact NFL teams are going to prefer a 6.4/6.5 Dropback Pocket Passer in the Manning mould over a poor mans, midget Vince Young who's going to end up as a reciever.

lol.

Rex Grossman - 6-1 - Injured all the time
Jeff Garcia - 6-1 - Nothing without T.O
Jake Delhomme - 6-2 - Above Average QB
Brett Favre - 6-2 - Surelock HOF who doesn't deserve to be mentioned even in the same paragraph as Smith.
Mark Brunnell - 6-1 - Solid, hardly groundbreaking
JP Losman - 6-2 - Bust
Donovan Mcnabb - 6-2 - Above average - is a better QB than Smith will ever be
Drew Brees - 6-0 - Nothing without Antonio Gates
Steve Mcnair - 6-2 - Overrated
Jake Plummer - 6-2 - Big Mistake Jake!
Kurt Warner - 6-2 - Has accuracy Smith could only dream of

And that still doesn't hide the fact NFL teams are going to prefer a 6.4/6.5 Dropback Pocket Passer in the Manning mould over a poor mans, midget Vince Young who's going to end up as a reciever.
[/b]

hm because there are so many in this manning mold?

or are you talking about brady quinn, who, in fact, is sooo very far overrated.

And yet won't get shifted to Wide Reciever or taken in the 3rd Round unlike a certain Ohio State Midget.