• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Troy Smith

yes troy smith, the one who is ahead of Quinn this far for the heisman, as voted by Sportscenter..

And?

Eric Crouch won the Hiesman and he was taken as a wide reciever in the 3rd round.

And whats that got to do with the fact he won an Hiesman as a QB and was still taken as a 3rd round receiver

considering he was a streaky QB who would go through odd phases of hot and cold streaks

and he had a seemingly mediocre arm, i would say there is a good reason for him to be drafted 3rd round as a wideout

now smith however does not display a streaky arm or a mediocre at best strength/accuracy to it..

Smith
CMP:56
ATT:81
Yards:769
TD:7
INT:0 (dont forget he hasnt thrown one in 5 consecutive games)
Rating: 177

Quinn:
CMP: 72
ATT: 122
Yards: 767
TD: 6
INT:3
Rating: 123

now how may i ask this to you, who has better numbers?[/b]

Numbers don't mean **** when it comes to where someone get's drafted. Just look at Timmy Chang the NCAA all time passer leader and is leading in almost every other category as well. He's not playing on sunday yet he put up better numbers than anyone ever.

yes, i forgot Doug Datish is not a first round pick probably the best center in the country, but he's not going to go in the first round.. im sorry for assuming that.. [/b]

So you're saying he's probably the best center in the nation, really meaning he's amoungst the best. He has very good competition with Kyle Young of Fresno, Dan Mozes of WV and Ryan Kalil of USC. So if there is so much competition for which one will get chosen first, how much of a lock is he for the first round?

Let's look at a little draft history in the drafting of centers.

In the last 20 drafts there have only been 5 centers selected in the first round, and the last time there was 2 selected in the first round? 1983. Still liking his chances to get drafted in the first round?

oh yea my bad Anthony Gonzalez not first round material either, considering he will probably be the best receiver in college football next year, i mean would it not be wrong of me to assume him to be a first round pick?[/b]

Assuming Ginn, Jarret and Calvin Johnson leave, then he very well be the best WR next year, but that has no effect on the draft this year, does it?

and mark my words if you wish, James Laurinaitis will be a first round pick in 2 years time. There is no doubt, he is already turning into a star on defense and he's only a freshman, young A.J. Hawk.. most deffinetly.[/b]

He's a sophmore isn't he, or did SI f*** that up? And it's garunteed that miami will have at least one more linebacker go in the first round in the next 2 years as they are a linebacker factory.

McIntosh, Vilma, DJ Williams, Dan Morgan, Ray Lewis, Jessie Armstead, Michael Barrow, Darrin Smith, Nate Webster....

yes troy smith, the one who is ahead of Quinn this far for the heisman, as voted by Sportscenter..[/b]

And?

Eric Crouch won the Hiesman and he was taken as a wide reciever in the 3rd round.[/b]

and he probably would have been pretty good, and then he quit[/b]

Let's get one thing straight, Eric Crouch did not quit. The Rams messed him up switching him to Wr and then to safety. He could not play those positions, he is a qb. It was just unfortunate that he was too short to play the postition. But he is still playing, he's just in the CFL where they don't descriminate against size. He may not be starting but he's behind the All-time pro football passing record holder Damon Allen. Plus he's had a few injury concerns.

But the point is having a heisman or heisman numbers does not mean you're going in the first round. Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Ginno Torretta. They are all guys who won heismans but did dick all in the pros.

I'll have a post up on why Smith won't be going in the first round by sunday. I've just been busy as hell.

The Best Damn Band In The Land!
[/b]

We all know they don't have the best band, that goes to Grambling or one of those black schools down south.

yes gramblings band is better than ohio states

right.

if your into that dance funk **** then ya they might be better, but theres no doubt that script OHIO and dotting the i are amoung the most prestigious of all college traditions (look it up if you dont believe me). There is so much more tradition and excellence to ohio states band than any in the country plus well they are simly the best.

now now now not so fast my friend, miami may be known for its linebackers, but no one produces them quite like the big 10 and ohio state

spielman,gradishar,hawk,carpenter,cousineau,vrable (i believe he played Dline an a little LB, not 100% tho) just to name a few,wilhelm

yes gramblings band is better than ohio states

right.

if your into that dance funk **** then ya they might be better[/b]

The black schools down south(southern, grambling ect) have far more skill than any other band in the country. They go out recruiting for **** sakes. That's why they win all the competitions, because they are more talented.And yes i know the dotting of the "i" is a great tradition but it still doesn't defeat the point that those schools have more talent and are more skillful. No cracker school compares to the southern schools. It's not a knock on osu it's just that that is what those schools are about. The half time show is more anticipated and more important than the football.

now now now not so fast my friend, miami may be known for its linebackers, but no one produces them quite like the big 10 and ohio state

spielman,gradishar,hawk,carpenter,cousineau,vrable (i believe he played Dline an a little LB, not 100% tho) just to name a few,wilhelm[/b]

If i had to choose a big 10 school for linebackers i'd be looking at penn st not osu. And anyway i'd still be taking the miami corp over those players.

Glad to know that you've now come to terms that Datish won't be a first rounder then.

The black schools down south(southern, grambling ect) have far more skill than any other band in the country. They go out recruiting for **** sakes. That's why they win all the competitions, because they are more talented.And yes i know the dotting of the "i" is a great tradition but it still doesn't defeat the point that those schools have more talent and are more skillful. No cracker school compares to the southern schools. It's not a knock on osu it's just that that is what those schools are about. The half time show is more anticipated and more important than the football.[/b]

Ohio State recruits the best band members in the country, not just good black band members... i can sit here and guarantee that those southern bands could not do script ohio with the skill and expertise it requires.. you didnt know that OSU recruited band members?

The black schools down south(southern, grambling ect) have far more skill than any other band in the country. They go out recruiting for **** sakes. That's why they win all the competitions, because they are more talented.And yes i know the dotting of the "i" is a great tradition but it still doesn't defeat the point that those schools have more talent and are more skillful. No cracker school compares to the southern schools. It's not a knock on osu it's just that that is what those schools are about. The half time show is more anticipated and more important than the football.[/b]

Ohio State recruits the best band members in the country, not just good black band members... i can sit here and guarantee that those southern bands could not do script ohio with the skill and expertise it requires.. you didnt know that OSU recruited band members?
[/b]

It's going to take too much effort to argue this and we have nothing to argue on other than opinion so lets just leave it as is. But i will say this we've gotten soooooooo off topic it's not even funny.

Troy Smith can't pass in the rain, how's he meant to be pass in the NFL?

Troy Smith in the First Round? Yeah, Right.

Troy Smith can't pass in the rain, how's he meant to be pass in the NFL?

Troy Smith in the First Round? Yeah, Right.
[/b]

hey at least he doesn't mishandle 2 snaps like quinn

and besides that smith still had 1 TD and he still was 12 for 22.. if im not mistaken thats better than 50%, not his best day, but he still got the job done

also just thinkin about it.. brady quinns been playing QB for his whole life, whereas smith well this is only his fourth year of playing QB, i say its pretty remarkable that he's in the heisman chase for the amount of time he's been playing the position

he was recruited as an ATH (athlete) to ohio state, not a QB, his redshirted freshman year he was listed as a HB/WR then his second year he was still a WR, then in his sophomore year he was a WR who then switched to QB and filled in for zwick, and history ensues from there.. slaying michigan along the way, how only a real OSU QB can.

Wow.

And looks like he'll be reverted to his true calling than - 3rd Round Wide Reciever. And 12/22 is nothing to crow home about. 12/22 is barely minimal standards in the NFL, but in college football where Jason White put insane numbers, that's just pitiful.

1 Touchdown? OFMGG GIVE HIM THE HIESMAN NOW!

Wow.

And looks like he'll be reverted to his true calling than - 3rd Round Wide Reciever. And 12/22 is nothing to crow home about. 12/22 is barely minimal standards in the NFL, but in college football where Jason White put insane numbers, that's just pitiful.

1 Touchdown? OFMGG GIVE HIM THE HIESMAN NOW!
[/b]

And two interceptions...

He had a **** game and so did osu. That's two games where they've looked shaky at best and their defence bailed them out. It was against the incompetent Penn st so we can hold the phone about their defence as of yet. They need a spectalcular games against iowa and michigan to put the confidence back into me.

i know let us forget about texas :rolleyes:

i agree however that the penn state game was not a great performance, im not going to sit here and say it was a OSU raping

but if you look at previous games, it seems as though OSU and Penn State always play in a tight hard fought game, the past few years at least, last year 17-10, the year before a nailbiter in columbus, i mean you can't judge based on this game alone

also if you look at the 2002 national championship season, just look at how many close calls OSU had to losing, i.e. cincy, penn state, purdue, michigan... i mean this season, i said it to my parents while watching the game, reminds me of that season.. be it the late INT by players, or the close calls with teams which should have been blown out.. im still very convinced we will win the championship expect close calls along the way, its not easy being number 1, teams always play out of their skins against you..

now iowa.. oh man its gonna be a tough one, especially at their ground, and they want redemption for the ass whippin we put on them last year.. i gotta scout more of the iowa squad to see what im lookin at..