• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Try of the Tournament

Shane Williams vs Fiji was pretty good for an individual effort

too bad they lost.

it has got to be dominici's try, the way he caught the kick was classic winger's try yeah. sweet.

umm?? if u say so?

but for me its a toss up between Endo's try against Wales and Ngwenya's try against the Boks. Both had me standing outta my seat screaming Go u bloody good thing go! lol

or that one england vs tonga? and wilkinson was having a shot at goal, misses on purpose with the winger on the end of it.

umm?? if u say so?

but for me its a toss up between Endo's try against Wales and Ngwenya's try against the Boks. Both had me standing outta my seat screaming Go u bloody good thing go! lol
[/b]

When I had composed myself after cheering on Endo to his touchdown I assumed I had just seen the Try of the Tournament. How could anyone better that?

Then up pops Ngwenya with a very similar long-distance team try but with a more demanding finish. Not only did he have further to run, he also had to beat his winger - and not just any old winger but the Darling of the Tri-Nations himself. And to cap it all he ran it in under the posts, so Ngwenya has it by the shortest of short-heads.

But having seen both tries (and several other beauties) I'm left with the sorry question - '"why can't my side score tries like that?".

Gotta agree the Ngwenya try was very good. Seeing another winger beat Habana on the outside was awesome. Loved the Japanese try also (not at the time though), excellent ball handling and use of space.

Gotta throw Shane Williams' try against Fiji into the mix aswell, He beat two Fijian would-be tacklers with such ease, it was a pleasure to watch, awesome.

For me, it's between Shane Williams' try against Fiji or Japan's superb opening try against Wales.

Oh, and Georgia's try against Ireland! :D

What about McAllisters try against France tonight?
It was brilliant.
It showed how well a fly half and inside centre can read the game and play off each other. It showed how the slightest angle change can give the centre so much space. It showed great support play and offloading in the tackle and it showed that you should never give up on the ball: McAllister supported the ball and got his rewards.
Very impressive and it seemed so easy.

What about McAllisters try against France tonight?
It was brilliant.
It showed how well a fly half and inside centre can read the game and play off each other. It showed how the slightest angle change can give the centre so much space. It showed great support play and offloading in the tackle and it showed that you should never give up on the ball: McAllister supported the ball and got his rewards.
Very impressive and it seemed so easy.
[/b]

I'd vouch for that, technically perfect. Absolutely spot on. For a side who put so much emphasis on spontanius play, this was a try from a well worked relationship between fly half and center.

Those two Japanese tries. The American one vs South Africa, and Sackey's one vs Samoa was nice.

Still time to go though.

the forward pass try definately!

try of the tournament because of the immense heartbreak it caused kiwis...
they will be speaking of this one for the next 4 years

<div class='quotemain'>
Lol. It really was a mile forward. :lol:
[/b]
Not really sure mate - Michalak did spin round and palm it backwards
[/b][/quote]

Do you need glasses or something?????

Latest posts