• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TV Presentations

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

just watching sunday roast and its genius!!!
they have a great balance of rugby league analizers

mark geyer or mg is THE MAN..in ya face with everything totally straight up

and matthew johns is insane!..absolute super spoof comic who represents the lighter and funnier side of rugby league!

followed vossy and that news paper writer and this show is amazing!!!

so is the footy show...especially the sunday footy show which gets down to the nitty gritty!

WHY DONT WE HAVE QUALITY LIKE THAT IN UNION..with the exception of the northern televised shows i see on rugby channel..our southern hemisphere shows are joke!...and lame and dry and exausted.....
the sky presentations is pitiful!..they diffinetly know whut they talkin about but is so boring and slow paced...its like going to a pub in the country side and talkin rugby wit oldmen..<nothin wrong but its tv!!!...
Rugby channel is ****!..with the exception of smallblacks tv,try time and toyota grass roots everything else is lame...even re:union gets on my nerves sometime

there shud be interactive show like boots n all(not the sth african one the aussie league one)..where viewers email in or send in letters for requests and stuff

dont get me wrong,re:union provides the info but gets too serious unlike a show like sunday roast where it balances between serious,informative and entertaining value

so im stressing the fact that our rugby programming isnt entertaining!..i was zurich of heineken cup i think where they had a very good indepth halftime show where skys lame rubbish highlights boring stats and doesnt show goodplays just the tries..

the league presentation in australia and great britain are superior to that of nz,aussie an s.a...

with the exception sky nz's league broadcasting team of the dude who got his head knocked by clint brown HAHAHAHA...and the ropati brothers who suffer from broken english and stutter language....

discuss

I reckon the Sky Rugby Commentry team are preety good, ecspecially Ian Smith is very good in his role. Although It's a shame they dont have Grant Fox, he impressed me in the 2003 RWC on TV1 and in his interviews on Radiosport.

nah ray "rabs" warren is no.1..and the broadcast show more indepth then our union ones which is a shame seeing that rugby has more factors and different plays too it!

sky tv shud get shot and buried...ian smith,nesbitt and johnson are all very good..but ya got dudes like murry mexted who r are stupid

the aussie commentators are over-rated..
they just point out the obvious...."thats a ruck right there,when the man bridges over his player..the ruck has formed"...wow amazin[/lame]

ray warren has the voice,the vocab and the passion and excellent delivery and his metaphors he makes on the spot are quick an smart..IRB give him MONEY for rugby!

yeah the footy show on friday/thursday night (depending if you live on oz or nz), sunday roast, sunday footy show, and then boots n all - almost as good as watching the bloody game!

ive been saying this for a while (in my head, i generally keep out of union vs league stuff) but the one thing (and only thing) that league woops ass in is the shows about it. its just top stuff!

The only times Roast and SFS is worth watching is when the warriors win - which isn't too often

The NZ League commentators are the ones who need to be shot.

Murray Mexted isnt that bad, he just screws up the English Langauge alot. I still reckon Grant Fox makes a good commentator, have only heard Fitzy once on the Rugby Channel.

The Roast and SFS arent that great, and the Footy Show is losing it's touch... Anyone seen the AFL one? Its **** yes, but Sam Newman is a f***ing genius.

All I know is NH Union has to put up with either Stuart Barnes or Brian Moore, so commentary is always shite.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 8 2005, 08:07 AM
The NZ League commentators are the ones who need to be shot.

Murray Mexted isnt that bad, he just screws up the English Langauge alot. I still reckon Grant Fox makes a good commentator, have only heard Fitzy once on the Rugby Channel.

The Roast and SFS arent that great, and the Footy Show is losing it's touch... Anyone seen the AFL one? Its **** yes, but Sam Newman is a f***ing genius.
The footy show should really be called "the fatty show".......

Without his input over the last few weeks the others are looking pretty ordinary (as is the show on a whole).

Fatty is the one person the others need to feed off, and the only natural comedian of the group (some will say Mat Johns is as well, but for me he is only funny during his prepared skits rather then when he is presenting - as is Sterlo).

ropati and his lisp drives me crazy and i don't really like costo either. The auss union comentators win hands down. they may point out the obivious but they are also funny with their falcons and descriptions of front rowers making busts and doing amazing plays.

I rate them ahead of the league ones like sterlo constanly says and freeze it there whenever a try is scored. Phil gould is another one that i don't like as a comentator is has too much bias to the roosters and any team with nsw players in it like the dragons. In gould eyes they can do no wrong. I think hes ok as an anyalast type guy but shouldn't be comentating due to his roosters and nsw bias.

Footy show without fatty is not as good with the very strong newcastle view on the show and sterlo can't really big funny like vatuin can. There is no really good union show that is layed back reunion is way to serious and is jsut about the games on the weekend. reunion doesn't offer anything different to say this forum or talback radio where people just give their opinion either way about what happened in the game. At least on the footy show there is bit of humour and other stuff than just talk about what happened in th game on the weekend

i dont mind the south african comentators if thats the line that this topics going to go down...

but what happened to fatty? i watched the friday footy show for the first time in a while the other day and i was like wtf? weres the fat man?

yeah he by all reports from that clip on the footy shows a few weeks back he wasn't looking that flash.

Sambad5 sure talk about the commentators thats fine. this topic is about tv presentation and commentators are part of the presentation

Originally posted by umosay@Aug 7 2005, 08:43 PM
The only times Roast and SFS is worth watching is when the warriors win - which isn't too often
actually quite true...i always watch to see if they highlight any of the warriors fantasic traits...bighits,fights,razzle dazzle,paleasena,stacey jones,tries from nothing,brilliant passing and ballhandling,basketball the lot

and since the warriors droped form last year i dont think kiwis watch..wait till next season!..ratings will be back up!

all i got say is MATTHEW JONES IS A COMPLETE ASS....hes the man!

followed by tv3s bill and ben....and phil kearns is gold too!

phil kerans is defintley up there. matty johns is brilliant with all the characters he does on the footy show. ANd don't worry as soon as the warriors are hot agian shows like the footy show and the sunday roast will be all over them. just look at this year with the tigers and last year with the cowboys the footy show and other media love a winning team.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 7 2005, 09:22 PM
All I know is NH Union has to put up with either Stuart Barnes or Brian Moore, so commentary is always shite.
Brian Moore is a legend, his commentary is brilliantly blunt and cynical. You have to love that.

Stuart Barnes on the other hand is going to commentators hell, doomed to share all eternity with Ron Atkinson.

Rugby isn't big enough in Australia to have something like the Footy Show. It would be good, but I'm stilling loving the league version even after all these years. How about Matty Johns calling George Gregan a ****** when he was speaking to Brendan Cannon. Classic.

matty johns is fantastic..he pushes his jokes abit in lame direction but ALWAYS makes up for it..for either acting gay or stripping naked ahaha lol....

maybe union wud be bigger in aus....if the super12 had an international show broadcasted to all 3 nations and have it like the footy show..and the presenters cud be from sth africa,aus,nz and a european for northern perspective and people can send in emails or letters either on subjects of the game or requests to see historical moments in the super12 game...and have interview with players,managerals,coaches and more importantly the fans...surely this wud werk and appeal to our audiences and make a great show without un-bias views and fair input from all sides....

You could have a rugby personality from each country that always bicker with eachother and then have a neutral host of the more serious type. Include interviews, skits, dares, rugby videos, player appearances and you have an almost certain winner.

the problem is someone has to pay for it and the unions would want to get something out of it as well. A laid back rugby show with bit of comedy would be good Phil Kearns, Murray Mexted, not sure on sa one but get the guy that does the main commentary.

who cares about a northern view point nobody in down under or in sa and the whole idea is to get people watch the show which a northerner would kill no offence to them but they simply wouldn't fit in with an aus sa and a kiwi. I think with just the 3 countries it would be really funny and a part from the main 3 could have special guest on the pannel maybe players or someone from the media just to get a different view point each week.

Latest posts