• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Two tribes go to war

S

St Helens RLFC

In May 2005 I will be at war...

.... an intergalactic battle of the future...

...Something HBO wouldn't broadcast....

That's right!

The cross code match between the University of Central Lancashire's rugby league team and rugby union team.

Has anyone in here ever played a cross code challenge match?

Well I haven't personally and what's happening in France is clubs of both codes collaborating and Union players participae to League matchs and vice versa.

Originally posted by DonBilly@Oct 4 2004, 01:44 PM
Well I haven't personally and what's happening in France is clubs of both codes collaborating and Union players participae to League matchs and vice versa.
hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Have you heard of Jerome Guisset?

If so, do you think he would return to league with Perpegnian in 2006?

I never really see the point of cross code matches TBH. It could be good fun and a fairly enjoyable experience, but all that seems to happen is that one side absolutely trounces the other in their respective codes, a pretty needless exercise.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 5 2004, 06:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 5 2004, 06:11 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DonBilly
@Oct 4 2004, 01:44 PM
hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Have you heard of Jerome Guisset?

If so, do you think he would return to league with Perpegnian in 2006? [/b]
Webby, I didn't mean at professional level. What I've described happens in region where there are not that many people playing Rugby especially in Women Rugby for example. In these areas there are time to time clever people managing Union or League clubs and some of them have decided to collaborate with the other tribe and players as I said before can play the other code.

Latest posts