• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

UCORFC v OSU Rugby

O

O'Rothlain

n19987651400_4684.jpg
It was a cold, windy day in the State of Oklahoma. We, UCORFC, met on our campus in Edmond (A suberb of Oklahoma City) and were blasted by wind, misting rain and cold. We headed out for Stillwater, a short 45 minute drive to the home of Oklahoma State University Rugby.
This was our first ever match, so our nerves and anticipation were high. We asked if we could warm up with a 7's match to give the guys a quick taste of Rugby before diving headlong into a full 15's. With injuries and a few recent drop outs we showed up with only 13 players, knowing they would field a couple for us. The 7's match went by quickly (as they're designed to do) with us only losing by one try. Our boys were now ready, to face the reality that is 80 minutes of full on rugby.
Our defense was aggressive, however disorganized we felt, and by half time we were only a try down. We went the rest of the match pretty much *** for tat. With 5 minutes left the score was 22 - 24 with OSU Rugby in the lead. I was feeling quite proud as both player and coach. Unfortunately they were able to put two quick trys on us by catching us unaware on kick-off. It was a dirty, but effective trick. When the final whistle blew the score was UCORFC 22, OSU Rugby 36.
Yes, it was a lost, but we left the game feeling triumphant whilst OSU felt defeated. How could this team of first time players give them a 30 year old club such a run for their money? If you ask me it comes down to heart, and coaching...haha.
Cheers to the boys (and girls) at OSU for throwing a great post match party. Foes on the Pitch, Mates in the Pub (or in this case house just slightly off campus).
l_ed5c25eb6ba9d479f2b4a04c47601670.jpg

The Lineout
l_b3c79f7bc6a6966cbabae64ba232fa95.jpg

The Scrum (Who's that magnificent ******* at #8? Yeah, me)
l_63d1c6f9d64988c0240037e8d54450c0.jpg

The argument with the match official
</span></span>

Nice. I don't see #8 in the scrum, but I'll take your word for it. Good job in that game. OSU is a pretty athleticly sound college, so it's not a place that you would expect to walk out of with a win. 22 points for the first ever match is awesome.

hey there what is your guys schedule i might come out and watch. we just live up in tulsa.

How big is central oklahoma? Osu is a good size school! Congrats! Ya'll play down here in Texas any? DFW area. What kind of club activity do ya'll have? Our highschool coach took a lot of highschool guys to Ou rugby camp this weekend. Good luck. HOSSC.

hey there what is your guys schedule i might come out and watch. we just live up in tulsa. [/b]
This is our first year. We have an officers meeting coming up in the next week. We'll be trying to solidify a schedule then as well as getting our kit sorted out. Our match was impresive enough to gain us some sponsorship. We'd love for you to come down and see us play...we can always use support. Check us out on Facebook and/or Myspace.

How big is central oklahoma? Osu is a good size school! Congrats! Ya'll play down here in Texas any? DFW area. What kind of club activity do ya'll have? Our highschool coach took a lot of highschool guys to Ou rugby camp this weekend. Good luck. HOSSC. [/b]
UCO is a medium sized University. We'd love to play down in Texas. We're not a Big12 school, so we don't get to compete in that tournament.
How was the OU Rugby Camp? I was busy this weekend and didn't get to check it out. I know a few of my guys were thinking about it, but the majority of them live up in Tulsa and are home for the Christmas Break.
What school do you play for?

Actually don't play for a school per say. Our club is a Mens side, purely social, and an u-19 thru u-13 boys sides. All high school guys or younger. We do have a few guys in college, but most local major colleges have there own clubs. Theres a good sized tournament down here in Ft worth in october, a good prep tourn. We played UT alum. Texas Weslayn law, and some local mens clubs. There is a Colege side sure they'd love to have ya'll. Check'em out. HOSSC.

Sorry forgot about OU camp get back to ya on that one. I didn't go personally, but I'll talk with the guys this weekend, and let ya know. HOSSC.

Latest posts