• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ulster v Ospreys

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 3 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Where do you think Spratt usually plays?
Ulster by 8.[/b]

I genuinely thought he was a 15... :S

Didnt see much of the game but a good result for the Ospreys considering!

A win is a win for the ospreys at the moment with so many woeful injuries it is lucky that we can gain anything in the league.

dyer game unfortunately

does anyone else dislike the scottish referees or is it just ospreys fans...??? we never seem to get a running game with a scotsman refereeing for us this year, not that he was biased either way, and i agree that was a forward pass he allowed to the ospreys.

well played ulster though i think they deserved to get more from that game than they did

made us wonder whilst watching the game in the club whether ireland have ever had a flyhalf who can pass equally well off either hand ?

in the same way wales have rarely ever had a hooker who can throw straight ireland have had flyhalfs who can only pass one side well as long as ive known.

Paul Dean was picked by Mick Doyle for his passing ability, no problem off either side from what I've seen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 4 2009, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Paul Dean was picked by Mick Doyle for his passing ability, no problem off either side from what I've seen.[/b]

the boys here in the social think Eric Ellwood was the worst passer to the left, and we are still debating the worst to the right but three out of ten say O'Gara 2 say campbell, and five of us say ellwood couldnt pass left or right...! was a cracking player in the GAA leagues though don't you think so...?

I think tony ward could pass both side but it was a long time ago.

internet phone are magic for pub link ups to forum sites...

paul dean didnt play many games for ireland at fly half though did he?

I thought he was a center...?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Apr 4 2009, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
paul dean didnt play many games for ireland at fly half though did he?

I thought he was a center...?[/b]

started out at centre but was moved to flyhalf for the 85 season by Mick Doyle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Apr 3 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 3 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where do you think Spratt usually plays?
Ulster by 8.[/b]

I genuinely thought he was a 15... :S

Didnt see much of the game but a good result for the Ospreys considering!
[/b][/quote]
Oh right! Sorry. Yeah, well he's only been put at full back as there really aren't any other options. For myself, in the position we're currently in we should play Biggar at 10 moving Hook back seeing as he has international experience there (v SA last summer). Although maybe we're just going for solid play, rather than off-the-cuff footballing; a more sensible option.
But yeah, Spratt has been the best centre in the Premiership for the last 2 years for Neath and had an excellent off-season playing in the NPC for Taranaki, creating a name for himself and winning many over; the majority asking if he could be kept on to play for the 'Canes. So he looks a decent prospect.

With regards to the game, it was rubbish, but it was a win which is what we desperately needed. That is all.

We've still got no chance next week.

Anyone else feel sorry for Gareth Owen? It was abvious from yesterdays performance that he's a natural fly half, not fullback. The couple of times he received the ball at first reciever he made a great break and did a nice loop move with Spratt! He's ok at full-back, but he's obviously new to the position as his covering for Danielli's try was poor (sold himself too early) and he seems to make a few mistakes a game.

He's very unlucky to be behind both Hook and Biggar, if he was at another region he'd be starting some games at 10 imo. Pitty as he's one of the best all round back's coming through at present with great vision, pace, power, boot and a seige gun handoff!

Latest posts