• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys vs Scarlets Euro play-off

Tooting Carmen

First XV
TRF Legend
I'll be attending. Based on the team selections, the Ospreys should win fairly easily. (What's with all the Scarlets injuries this season?)

Ospreys: Dan Evans; George North, Cory Allen, Owen Watkin, Keelan Giles; Sam Davies, Aled Davies; Nicky Smith, Scott Baldwin, Tom Botha, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Olly Cracknell, Justin Tipuric (capt), Dan Lydiate.

Replacements: Sam Parry, Rhodri Jones, Ma'afu Fia, Bradley Davies, Sam Cross, Matthew Aubrey, Luke Price, Hanno Dirksen.

Scarlets: Leigh Halfpenny; Johnny McNicholl, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Ioan Nicholas; Dan Jones, Gareth Davies; Phil Price, Ken Owens (capt), Werner Kruger, Jake Ball, Steve Cummins, Josh Macleod, Will Boyde, Blade Thomson.

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Wyn Jones, Simon Gardiner, David Bulbring, Uzair Cassiem, Kieran Hardy, Rhys Patchell, Paul Asquith.

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)

Assistant referees: Nigel Owens, Dan Jones (WRU)

TMO: Ian Davies (WRU)

I attended the match. Not the best in quality, but enjoyable and passionate nonetheless. The better team did indeed win, moreover. All the same, it is strange to think that next season, two crucial British rugby teams won't make the Heineken Cup for the very first time - Scarlets and Leicester Tigers.

I attended the match. Not the best in quality, but enjoyable and passionate nonetheless. The better team did indeed win, moreover. All the same, it is strange to think that next season, two crucial British rugby teams won't make the Heineken Cup for the very first time - Scarlets and Leicester Tigers.

Lets be honest

The game last night was to decide who would finish bottom of their Champions Cup group

Welsh club rugby is in a mess

Clubs are broke and Stadiums are empty

At some point this will effect the National Side

Ospreys have a first team who's capable of troubling a lot of teams, especially with Anscombe at 10. Their issue is depth, which falls off very quickly in a lot of positions, as well as sub standard coaching (not convinced Clarke can take them very far).

That realistically means that they won't be in the frame to lift the trophy, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be propping up their group (although possible).

Poor end to a poor season for the Scarlets. A little worried by some of the odd selections Pivac has made this season. Why is he continuously picking the very average Ioan Nickolas over Steff Evan's or even Ryan Conbeer? I can't understand it at all. He goes on about Evans' defense, but Ioan giftenld Osprsys a try with an awful clearance kick, and just isn't quick or elusive enough to trouble defenses at this level.

Despite making some errors, Scarlets looked far more dangerous with Patchell at 10 than another bang average player in Dan Jones. I think these sort of selections, which have harmed the confidence of those players in question, as well as injury issues have really affected the Scarlets, and I hope that's not a sign of things to come with Wales.

Ospreys have a first team who's capable of troubling a lot of teams, especially with Anscombe at 10. Their issue is depth, which falls off very quickly in a lot of positions, as well as sub standard coaching (not convinced Clarke can take them very far).

That realistically means that they won't be in the frame to lift the trophy, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be propping up their group (although possible).

Poor end to a poor season for the Scarlets. A little worried by some of the odd selections Pivac has made this season. Why is he continuously picking the very average Ioan Nickolas over Steff Evan's or even Ryan Conbeer? I can't understand it at all. He goes on about Evans' defense, but Ioan giftenld Osprsys a try with an awful clearance kick, and just isn't quick or elusive enough to trouble defenses at this level.

Despite making some errors, Scarlets looked far more dangerous with Patchell at 10 than another bang average player in Dan Jones. I think these sort of selections, which have harmed the confidence of those players in question, as well as injury issues have really affected the Scarlets, and I hope that's not a sign of things to come with Wales.

Agreed about Pivac, he seems to completely lose faith in proven performers... then during the odd occasion that they get selected after that (usually as a sub) they look like shadows of their former selves.

Also a bit concerned that he is going to be in the Welsh camp in the build up to and during the world cup (although purely as an observer). He seems to totally rub Edwards up the wrong way and the camp doesn't need anything causing any ****le.

I watched it on ESPN+ and the match was closer than the score would lead some to believe. But you're right, the Ospreys were the better team. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :cool:

Latest posts