• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League Play-off race

Feic the IRFU are our bosses at end of day but Munster will be fighting it if it came to that. But look we know Thomond is suitable and also both team would have to win both difficult semi finals but still that it even being considered is a disgrace.
On a side note also if Leinster even had home advantage in final or Munster it'd be bad call putting it on in Aviva for fact there soccer night before and it'd be poor for pitch and needless when Thomond and RDS are perfect venues.

I'm not at all concerned about the soccer but it is a disgrace if Munsters reward for topping the ML is to play Leinster in Leinsters home ground.

City, not ground.

How would you feel if the final was Munster Cardiff and the were told play in New Lansdowne?

Also c'mon Munster, see this out!

City, not ground.

How would you feel if the final was Munster Cardiff and the were told play in New Lansdowne?

Also c'mon Munster, see this out!

Its in Leinsters back yard. They've played there a few times this season so it is like a home ground. Its a few min walk from the RDS.

Tight match. It was Munster's first half and the Osprey's second half.

Ulster and Cardiff will be partying it up right now.

Part of my is happy because there's a few of the Ospreys players that I don't really like. I.e Byrne, Phillips and the rest of the we don't give a **** about our team brigade but I do feel sorry for alot of Ospreys players who gave it loads in the second half.

Fussel in the second half, AW Jones and Ryan Jones (who made a huge difference when he came on as a permanent replacement).

If I were an Ospreys fan I'd be delighted to see alot of their so called Stars **** off to France.

Won't comment on the Munster performance at the moment except to say, that Ian Nagle needs to put two stone on himself during the Summer. Courtney Lawes is only two thirds of a year older, and I don't think you can say the extra inch he has on Nagle is the cause of the extra 3 stone.

Thought Fussell was top notch,
Munster scrum was dire with Hayes and even worse with Buckle - Earls looked grand though

I think Munster should be very pleased with that result and they have now beaten Ospreys, Cardiff and Scarlets in Wales this season. I think Earls is really getting back on form and Jones has come back from such a long injury very well. I would probably take him to the World Cup if I had to decide now. Munster appear to have gained alot more cutting edge in the backs lately and they have a very dangerous back three. With a good scrum they could have done so much better this season.

In the first half the Ospreys lacked urgency and really didn't go after the game. It looked like Munster were the once who had to win. I think AWJ and Fussell can hold their heads high but everyone else were not clinical or ruthless enough to beat a Munster side that have actually really impressed me over the last few weeks.

Part of my is happy because there's a few of the Ospreys players that I don't really like. I.e Byrne, Phillips and the rest of the we don't give a **** about our team brigade but I do feel sorry for alot of Ospreys players who gave it loads in the second half.

Fussel in the second half, AW Jones and Ryan Jones (who made a huge difference when he came on as a permanent replacement).

If I were an Ospreys fan I'd be delighted to see alot of their so called Stars **** off to France.

Won't comment on the Munster performance at the moment except to say, that Ian Nagle needs to put two stone on himself during the Summer. Courtney Lawes is only two thirds of a year older, and I don't think you can say the extra inch he has on Nagle is the cause of the extra 3 stone.

Said it before the boys who have lost the passion for the Ospreys won't be missed, yes big names but Ospreys will be better for it. In a way its similar to what happens with NZ teams losing their players post WC. There are quality players there and with the 'so called superstars' going these up and coming youngsters will get experience at first team level and hopefully progress onto the international scene.

Great result today lads. Performed well and got a nice hard game before next weekend. Earls really hitting form now. We avenged the doubts too from H Cup game

Semantics. Answer the question.

If Munster played Cardiff in Dublin I wouldn't mind as much. Munster would have the advantage there while Leinster will now have the advantage. Munsters fans must also travel hundreds of miles and spend plenty of money going to Dublin.

Its anything but semantics. Theres a massive difference to playing in Thomond and the Aviva stadium.

If Munster played Cardiff in Dublin I wouldn't mind as much. Munster would have the advantage there while Leinster will now have the advantage. Munsters fans must also travel hundreds of miles and spend plenty of money going to Dublin.

Its anything but semantics. Theres a massive difference to playing in Thomond and the Aviva stadium.

It's not really hundreds of miles. it's about 170 miles to travel from Cork to Dublin...

Unless you want to be pedantic and say "Well that's still 1.7 hundreds of miles". But at that rate you could say that it's millions of miles because it's 0.000170 miles from Cork to Dublin.

But yeah, I may have had a few drinks, but the point still stands. We should get to play in our lovely stadium free from soccer marks on our lovely pitch and not have to travel millions of miles!

Edit: I'm class, and this forum is awesome, and you guys are all (mostly) daecent to the max and rock on!!!

Last edited:

As an ospreys fan, i must agree with you. F!ck off big heads, we want commitment. So i will gladly give youngsters a chance to play and lose, cause it aint as if we're winning with our "big guns". Good riddance, GO to france and beyond and maybe you'll discover what passion is

When Mike Phillips took to the pitch he looked ****** off that 20mins of rugby was getting in the way of his Saturday night plans - couldn't have looked less interested if he tried

Phillips appears to be a bit of a ******...

What the O's need is pride in the Jersey without it there cannot be any hope for success ...better to have 15 local lads who put their neck on the line for the team than a bunch of "big shots" who believe that their name is greater than the crest which they wear.

Phillips appears to be a bit of a ******...

What the O's need is pride in the Jersey without it there cannot be any hope for success ...better to have 15 local lads who put their neck on the line for the team than a bunch of "big shots" who believe that their name is greater than the crest which they wear.

Think it's going to be a shock when he turns out in France (if he goes there)
Show a lack of interest and put in poor performances and those crowds are going to let you know about it...

Well can we assume so Munster 1st Leinster 2nd and well it really a battle now just to see where Ulster and Cardiff travel to

If it wasn't for the threat of the Jizzsprays sneaking in at the death, that is a fight I would happily throw. I wouldn't be overly happy of a result going to Thomond Park, but a slim chance beats none.

Well can we assume so Munster 1st Leinster 2nd and well it really a battle now just to see where Ulster and Cardiff travel to

Well, that all depends on Dragons really. If they beat Ulster, denying them a loosing bonus point in the process, than the Ospreys would likely pip them, considering they should certainly get the full 5 points away to Aironi. I'd back the Dragons to win at Rodney Parade, but maybe not by more than 7, so you are probably right, but the Dragons have put plenty of points on some good opposition this year, so Ulster aren't there yet! The Blues need to win one of their two remaining fixtures to secure their place in the top 4.

Latest posts