• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/23 - Round 5

Happy with the 5 log points but we should be putting much more points over teams like these.

Happy with the 5 log points but we should be putting much more points over teams like these.
Sjo, that's ambitious. I don't see Glasgow as being lightyears away from the Sharks and am impressed by the points difference the Sharks managed even at home.

Sjo, that's ambitious. I don't see Glasgow as being lightyears away from the Sharks and am impressed by the points difference the Sharks managed even at home.
With the chances the Sharks had and the team they have the URC should be a walk in the park

Because the Bulls did not pitch.

Last season the Sharks lost with Glasgow getting a BP and the Sharks getting nothing. You really are underestimating Glasgow.
With the chances the Sharks had and the team they have the URC should be a walk in the park
😂 too bad about that coach then.

Last season the Sharks lost with Glasgow getting a BP and the Sharks getting nothing. You really are underestimating Glasgow.

😂 too bad about that coach then.
Our Currie Cup team lost to Glasgow last season. but a loss is a loss fair enough.

The coach is indeed an issue and that's what I was referring to, this team should demolish any team in the URC yet it is a scrappy affair and seem rather disorganization. The attack have improved from last season at least but I feel defense have gone backwards massively.

Last edited:
You don't think there's a team in the competition that should challenge the Sharks?

I think there's 5 potential winners this year between last year's semi finalists and you guys.

I thought I'd be spared Benetton being thrashed this season. Maybe I was sucked in by a soft start to their schedule. I still think they can finish 11th to 13th (as per my thoughts at the start of the season).

Zebre looking more than a match for Scarlets but screwing up at least 3 times in scoring positions.

Relieved Ulster got the win in Johannesburg. Irelands #2 should be beating SA's #4.

Because the Bulls did not pitch.

I was very negative about Glasgow prior to last week and there isnt enough games to form a firm conclusion. But I think you might be proved right on this. Still a solid couple of performances in attack from the Sharks in the past two weeks. Probably their two best since they joined the URC. I'd argue defence is easier to fix than attack, so the Sharks could yet come good.

It's Gavin Coombes' world and we're all just masterbaiting to him in it. Way way better so far in this game. We're winning collisions, being dogged in defence and our backs look like they have breaks in them. Energy just looks way better too.

Bouncing back from some unacceptable performances with a good win here against a decent Bulls side would be big for the squad. Just need a strong second half now.

Speaking of the Bulls, they are looking very average and one dimensional against Munster.

Bonus point secure. Delighted with that. Didn't expect Bulls to be this poor, but it's not like we've been lighting it up against some very poor competition in the first few rounds. Coombes, Casey, Carvery, Beirne have been great. Have been really impressed by Ahern since he came on. He sees a gap and goes. Crowley looking handy too. Great to see Hodnett back

I don't know. Stormers had Bongi, Etzebeth and Kolisi in their prime. Throw in younger versions of PSDT and Vermeulen alongside Kitshoff, Malherbe with Louw and Koch on the bench and our old Stormers pack is twice the pack of the current Sharks side and yet we got our first international silverware with a combination of leftover players and rookies. Like I said, I just don't know what to make of it. And it's not like we never had backs. Just never the halves or the coaching ticket is what I wager was the issue.
Relieved Ulster got the win in Johannesburg. Irelands #2 should be beating SA's #4.
I'm wondering whether the Lions are indeed SA's 4th. Probably still, yes as they don't have much in terms of depth but the others have 1 eye on Europe and its fine margins. Lions at home is a banana peel for just about any side. A hungry one even more so.

Great win. Shouldn't have let them back into it at all, but we defended well and their two tries were pretty freakish. Way improved performance.

I don't know. Stormers had Bongi, Etzebeth and Kolisi in their prime. Throw in younger versions of PSDT and Vermeulen alongside Kitshoff, Malherbe with Louw and Koch on the bench and our old Stormers pack is twice the pack of the current Sharks side and yet we got our first international silverware with a combination of leftover players and rookies. Like I said, I just don't know what to make of it. And it's not like we never had backs. Just never the halves or the coaching ticket is what I wager was the issue.
That is my point. Sharks have a insane squad and should streamroll the URC yet they won't because they lack the coaching. They have invested so much in players yet sit with a average head coach.

Oh well, at least Italian optimism got to week 5 before dying emphatically. Strange game, Zebre very good at 15 vs 15, but Scarlets dominated when a man up and again for last 30mins when a man down. Good game for a basement battle in the peeing rain.

That is my point. Sharks have a insane squad and should streamroll the URC yet they won't because they lack the coaching. They have invested so much in players yet sit with a average head coach.
Lol. Leinster have 12 starting players from the no. 1 ranked team in the world, and coaches who've won at European and domestic level. Leinster also don't currently hold a trophy, nor should we.

Have a bit of respect for the competition that your team hasn't proven they're top 4 in yet.

Latest posts