• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/23 - Round 5

Is he not suspended after his red card last weekend?
You are correct. I went digging and apparently he was supposed to have a hearing but no hearing was scheduled so there is a chance he plays. But most expect him to be suspended

You are correct. I went digging and apparently he was supposed to have a hearing but no hearing was scheduled so there is a chance he plays. But most expect him to be suspended
I am pretty sure there will be massive outrage if he is not suspended. It would be odd since he does deserve to be suspended.

I think our strongest available fit team would be:

1.Ox
2. Bongi
3. Thomas Du Toit
4.Etzebeth
5.Andrews / Basson 50/50
6.Kolisi
7.Richardson
8.Notshe
9. Hendrikse
10. Chamberlain
11.Mapimpi
12. Tapuai
13. Kok
14. Penxe
15.Fassi
16.Mchunu
17.Carlu Sadie
18. Kerron van Vuuren
19.Tshituka
20. Phepsi/ Venter
21.Grant Wiliams
22.Marnus Potgieter
23.Abrahams

Maybe we put both Venter and Phepsi on the bench and play with a 6/2 probably dropping one off Potgieter or Abrahams.

Is Rohan injured? I would not throw Vincent in straight up, he is not a 100 test match player like Etzebeth, He needs to atleast play one game from the bench before starting. Also Dylan has been one of our top ball carriers.

We essentially differ in our picks for 7,8,14
Tshituka would play from the bench I guess. Just me being very excited too see him play for the Sharks :)

With Notshe and Phepsi I am not sure I feel it is very much 50/50 but I do think Phepsi is regarded as the first choice ? Thoughts ?

Went with Potgieter on the wing over Penxe just for the fact that he have been more involved recently.

Confirmed Sharks team :

1. Ntuthuko Mchunu
2. Kerron van Vuuren
3. Thomas du Toit (c)
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Hyron Andrews
6. Dylan Richardson
7. Vincent Tshituka
8. Phepsi Buthelezi
9. Jaden Hendrikse
10. Boeta Chamberlain
11. Anthony Volmink
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Marnus Potgieter
14. Werner Kok
15. Aphelele Fassi

Replacements

16. Bongi Mbonambi
17. Ox Nche
18. Carlu Sadie
19. Reniel Hugo
20. Siya Kolisi
21. Sikhumbuzo Notshe
22. Cameron Wright
23. Makazole Mapimpi

Confirmed Sharks team :

1. Ntuthuko Mchunu
2. Kerron van Vuuren
3. Thomas du Toit (c)
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Hyron Andrews
6. Dylan Richardson
7. Vincent Tshituka
8. Phepsi Buthelezi
9. Jaden Hendrikse
10. Boeta Chamberlain
11. Anthony Volmink
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Marnus Potgieter
14. Werner Kok
15. Aphelele Fassi

Replacements

16. Bongi Mbonambi
17. Ox Nche
18. Carlu Sadie
19. Reniel Hugo
20. Siya Kolisi
21. Sikhumbuzo Notshe
22. Cameron Wright
23. Makazole Mapimpi
You were closer than me

Sharks should dominate the forward battle from start to finish.

RJVR suspension confirmed for 4 weeks. Keeps him out of a Bulls and Ulster clash which are the more costly games to miss. Realistically he only misses three games from it because of the international break

9. Jaden Hendrikse
10. Boeta Chamberlain
11. Anthony Volmink
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Marnus Potgieter
14. Werner Kok
15. Aphelele Fassi

22. Cameron Wright
23. Makazole Mapimpi

The old 6-2 split. Should Boeta go down how would the Sharks shuffle? Wright to come in and Hendrikse to shift one out to flyhalf? fullback also as fragile unless I'm missing something- probably Volmink to move to fullback with Mapimpi coming in on the wing? Kok can play in the centers at a pinch but I don't like him there.

9. Jaden Hendrikse
10. Boeta Chamberlain
11. Anthony Volmink
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Marnus Potgieter
14. Werner Kok
15. Aphelele Fassi

22. Cameron Wright
23. Makazole Mapimpi

The old 6-2 split. Should Boeta go down how would the Sharks shuffle? Wright to come in and Hendrikse to shift one out to flyhalf? fullback also as fragile unless I'm missing something- probably Volmink to move to fullback with Mapimpi coming in on the wing? Kok can play in the centers at a pinch but I don't like him there.
Jaden cover 10 and Volmink 15. Fassi can also slot in at 10. Marnus en kok both cover centre and wing. Just odd have Mapimpi as 23 but we should be covered

Bulls team:

15 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Wandisile Simelane, 10 Johan Goosen, 9 Embrose Papier, 8 Elrigh Louw, 7 WJ Steenkamp, 6 Marcell Coetzee (captain), 5 Ruan Nortje, 4 Walt Steenkamp, 3 Mornay Smith, 2 Jan-Hendrik Wessels, 1 Simphiwe Matanzima

Substitutes: 16 Bismarck Du Plessis, 17 Dylan Smith, 18 Jacques van Rooyen, 19 Ruan Vermaak, 20 Marco Van Staden, 21 Zak Burger, 22 Chris Smith, 23 David Kriel

Damn. No Anscombe for Ospreys tonight. Welsh cannot catch a break.

EDIT: Their backup 10 is 38 years old!

Glasgow with a reasonable side and decent bench. They could win or lose by 30 points, or something inbetween as arguably the two least consistent sides in the league go head to head.

O Smith; S Cancelliere, S Tuipulotu (captain), S Johnson, J McKay; T Jordan, A Price ; J Bhatti, G Turner, Z Fagerson, S Manjezi, R Gray, S Cummings, T Gordon, M Fagerson.

Substitutes: F Brown, O Kebble, M Walker, JP du Preez, R Wilson, G Brown, G Horne, R Thompson

Damn. No Anscombe for Ospreys tonight. Welsh cannot catch a break.

EDIT: Their backup 10 is 38 years old!
Yeah, not great. Jack Walsh has shown some promise, but he's been a little hit and miss, mixing some good attacking play with some errors. So Booth obviously preferrs the reliability of Myler. Problem is Myler has been **** for a while now, age has certainly caught up with him! He offers zero attacking threat and just sits deep and shovells the ball on. Weather isn't great for attacking rugby though, so might be OK tonight.

Weather looks atrocious. Honestly need to just do our best to get a win. Going to be tough as the weather really doesn't suit us.

Need to get Giles into space. After years of injury hell he's looking back to his lethal best. Such a threat!

Even if Ospreys scored there I'd still think that was the wrong call to turn down 3 points in this weather.

Yeah, then a crazy decision to go away from pick and go's inches from the line. How the ref missed that forward pass before the penalty though 😒

What the **** is wrong with this ref? Ospreys are destroying the stormers scrum, but he won't give them the pen!

Latest posts