• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League Play-off race

You hit the nail on the head by saying munster WANT to win it. Ospreys havent looked like wanting a win all week. Ggggggrrrrrr

We need super shane fit =(

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Just a random question, who would you drop for Shane?

im quite looking forward to seeing ulsters cave spence center partnership tonight could be cracking :D

im quite looking forward to seeing ulsters cave spence center partnership tonight could be cracking :D

Yeah, I was looking forward to that too. But I'm looking at it and it's Spence at 12 and Cave outside him. Is it just me or would you also have thought it would work better the other way round.

aye it is spence at 12 and cave 13
iv never seen cave play 12 but personally i think he has better hands than spence
but we shall see how it works out asi know lots of people who see them both as future internationals

Personally, I'd drop Nikki Walker as he's not the spark that Fussell can be, even if he is a try scorer, or Lee Byrne and put Fussell at FB. They will drop Fuss, though, even though he's probably been our best back this season.

Shame Jezza's going to be on the bench for his final game at the Liberty, but hopefully Hook, Byrne and Holah will have big send-offs. A hattrick each, please.

Any of the backs =D =D but to be serious, nicky walker hasn't been great. He's a tidy finisher but personally i feel he' too slow on his feet to be a winger (saying that i saw him in topman once,wouldnt say it to the monster's face). Even at the end of his career, Shane is still a valuable asset to both The Ospreys and Wales. You could argue he offers more as a playmaker than a finisher these days, which ajnt exactly a bad thing =D hope he goes to the world cup and sparks us (at least out of the group stages).

In all fairness tho, fussell has been a good buy. I was extremely dubious beginning of the season, but hes certainly proved me wrong. Hope he can get more game time to try and stake a wales place (world cup could be a big ask considering our "strength" on the wings.)
Bring on the weekend, could do with soe cheering up

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

leinster should easily qualify for the play offs but with the way they play in the magners you never know.

I haven't been watching many Ospreys games but I understand Bowe has had a few slip ups but I did see he made up for his mistake last week with a good try. Allow he may have made a few mistakes I don't think he should be dropped as he will not sit on the bench with a side that aren't even H-Cup contenders when he could be starting for pretty much any of the Irish provinces who actually are progressing well. From what I see both Cardiff and Ospreys have lacked intensity, structure and have made alot of mistakes. Since Christmas both of them looked like they haven't cared about winning. I think the Scarlets have the brightest future and although the Ospreys have talent coming through they have some big internal issues.

aye it is spence at 12 and cave 13
iv never seen cave play 12 but personally i think he has better hands than spence
but we shall see how it works out asi know lots of people who see them both as future internationals

Since Cave has never played 12, it was always going to be this way around.

Cave does have better hands, but I don't think he has better distribution. I think Cave's brain will benefit from the wider spaces a little more, while Spence will be a little better as a crash option. I wouldn't be surprised to see them switch and change in game.

Anyway, huge game, 9 points needed from 2 games, we can do it but its not certain but if we can't, we don't deserve to be there yet.

SUFTUM!

Since Cave has never played 12, it was always going to be this way around.

Cave does have better hands, but I don't think he has better distribution. I think Cave's brain will benefit from the wider spaces a little more, while Spence will be a little better as a crash option. I wouldn't be surprised to see them switch and change in game.

Anyway, huge game, 9 points needed from 2 games, we can do it but its not certain but if we can't, we don't deserve to be there yet.

SUFTUM!

Cool, thanks for el anweros. I too suspect there could be a bit of switching tonight, Will be interesting to watch.

Has Paddy Wallace been dropped due to being a bit bla for about a year and a half now?

Cool, thanks for el anweros. I too suspect there could be a bit of switching tonight, Will be interesting to watch.

Has Paddy Wallace been dropped due to being a bit bla for about a year and a half now?

No he and Andrew Trimble have broken bones in their hands and are out for the rest of the season.

10 minutes into this and Ulster are up 7-3...

Worryingly for Ulster they're getting eaten alive by the Connacht scrum...Hagan and Cronin look two handy signings for Leinster and Keatley looks sharp at 10.

Connacht are focked next year.

TG4 seriously need to turn the onfield mics down. The amount of cursing you can hear here is phenomenal. Down with that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Christ...Troy Nathan is as shite as the combined goodness of Keatley and Carr. (Good work there Olly with the Father Ted referencing teamwork).

Adam D'Arcy celebrates his new contract with a try, Ulster's second of the night. Half way to bonus point after 32 minutes,

Last edited:
Ulster as per usual trying their best to blow this. 17-16 now. Cronin try and a couple of penalties later.

Danielli's a bit rubbish.

Try for Darrem Cave woth about 4 minutes to go once the ball is kicked off, they'll be racing for bonus point now that they've got the game in the bag.

Its not surprising our scrum struggled a little when you consider that was Jerry Cronin's first full start after a career spent in AIL and that Paddy McAllister is 21. Bryan Young made a hell of a difference actually.

IRFU are bit of disgrace. Just told that if it Munster vs Leinster then itll be moved to Aviva despite a soccer game on the day before and after. What point in us topping league if we cant keep our advantage we earned

IRFU are bit of disgrace. Just told that if it Munster vs Leinster then itll be moved to Aviva despite a soccer game on the day before and after. What point in us topping league if we cant keep our advantage we earned

+1

If they're pulling that shite we better get a big part of the extra profit.

Assume this is for a would be final? Bit harsh of the Munster lads anyway. Top the league and you deserve home field advantage. Instead they'd have to travel to a venue where their opposition has played numerous times this season and would be far more comfortable with. It's not like Thomond isn't a good enough stadium for it either. Sheer profiteering.

Does the IFU even get a say in the matter though?

Latest posts