• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

UNbelievable!

S

St Helens RLFC

vic.jpg

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT!

Some utter ******* has nicked the numberplates off my car! Just like that, in the middle of broad daylight! UNbelievable! Its a good job I took Dillon for a walk before I went in or I might not have noticed. The lengths some people will stoop to in order to commit a crime!

Do you get the replaced/new ones for free from your roads and traffic authority (or insurance company) or will you have to pay?

Told the authoritahs.

I wish I could claim it back but the reality is my excess will cost more.

Man that sucks. If the cost of your plates and whatnot is similar to ours then I certainly feel for you!

At least it's only the number plate that got stolen hey. Look at the positives! :D

I really don't see the point of stealing number plates when there is no advantage to be made at all from it. I suppose certain (...ahem...whats the correct British Isles word...CHAVS?!) Chavs are f***ing idiots just for the sake of it. Mindless vandalism really gets to me. Blowing up mail boxes is always funny though.

On a side note, I just enjoyed some reheated chinese. It was glorious.

Plenty of good reason to nick them Melon.

Dan's numberplates end up on Ugly Bob the Con's car. Ugly Bob decides he wants a free tank of petrol. Ugly Bob goes up to a petrol station and drives off. Dan gets chased down by the authorities, Ugly Bob makes it away scott free.

Same situation, only Ugly Bob is making a ram raid on an off license. Same happens, Ugly Bob isn't on the hitlist, but Dan is!

And so on and so forth.

Ohh yeah I didn't think of that one.

Also, they might want to see how fast they can go on the Freeway/Highway/Motorway, so they stick your plates on and when they go through the automatic speed cameras, you get the ticket in the mail :p

Another one I had thought of but didn't list. I've covered my back, Mr Plod knows.

Ooo do you get to call the head honcho "Guvnor" or "Mum" (the latter providing its a woman of course)?

They actually do it often enough here too, Melon. The Daily Telegraph was launching a campaign earlier on in the year about it (although they do try and plug whatever they can to sell papers).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Oct 13 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They actually do it often enough here too, Melon. The Daily Telegraph was launching a campaign earlier on in the year about it (although they do try and plug whatever they can to sell papers).[/b]
Who does what here often enough? Call the bacon "guvnor" or people steal number plates?

Haha the former, definitely :p

It's sad what people will do to not pay the rising fuel costs here in Oz :(

Yeah....

Its much better to just sneak around with a siphoning hose and a 20L drum under the guise of darkness ;)

definatly a more of a pain in the ass than anything. i dont know what the rates are in the uk, but im pritty sure when i got my 1st car, which i bought off my cousin, he wanted to keep his personalised plate, (and i wanted to get rid of it, it was really, really crap) and it only cost me $15 for it.

but what else is really cheeky, and something you need to keep tabs on is, how far does your petrol take you normally? and how many times are you filling up. some people now, are screwing a whole in the bottom of your gas tank in your car, taking all your petrol, and putting a cork in the bottom. then you go, oh, i need petrol, and fill up your tank, park your car in their driveway and then the cheeky pricks take out the cork and take your petrol agian. and again. and here you are thinking that petrol is so expencive and that $50 takes you only what $20 would, where actually they steal $20 of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambãd5 @ Oct 13 2008, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
definatly a more of a pain in the ass than anything. i dont know what the rates are in the uk, but im pritty sure when i got my 1st car, which i bought off my cousin, he wanted to keep his personalised plate, (and i wanted to get rid of it, it was really, really crap) and it only cost me $15 for it.

but what else is really cheeky, and something you need to keep tabs on is, how far does your petrol take you normally? and how many times are you filling up. some people now, are screwing a whole in the bottom of your gas tank in your car, taking all your petrol, and putting a cork in the bottom. then you go, oh, i need petrol, and fill up your tank, park your car in their driveway and then the cheeky pricks take out the cork and take your petrol agian. and again. and here you are thinking that petrol is so expencive and that $50 takes you only what $20 would, where actually they steal $20 of it.[/b]

That really happens? Don't they risk setting themselves on fire while screwing a hole in the gas tank?
Morons steal plates here too, not just to speed or hold up the local Kwik-E-Markt, but also because it's illegal to drive without insurance, something the cops can check by running your plate numbers through their system.

Latest posts