• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/23 Round 17

Tooting Carmen

First XV
TRF Legend
Just watched Glasgow v Scarlets. The latter's quasi-second string were winning until the final quarter, but Glasgow's much stronger pack in the rain eventually got the better of them. Still, to only lose 12-9 at Scotstoun does bode well when the Scarlets' firsts return for the Challenge Cup semi.

Good to see Roos back on the bench. Hopefully the long injury layoff has him rested and back to his best rather than off the pace..

15 Damian Willemse, 14 Suleiman Hartzenberg, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan du Plessis, 11 Seabelo Seabelo, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Paul de Wet, 8 Hacjivah Dayimani, 7 Ben-Jason Dixon, 6 Willie Engelbrecht, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Ruben van Heerden, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain)

Substitutes: 16 JJ Kotze, 17 Ali Vermaak, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Ernst van Rhyn, 20 Marcel Theunissen, 21 Evan Roos, 22 Herschel Jantjies, 23 Clayton Blommetjies

Vakh enjoying his first start haha.

Wonder how psychic duck is getting on?

Adamson reaching a good bit for the penalty try. Didn't even let TMO check the cover.

This could get ugly. Kids getting beaten up by grown men.

Incredible finish from Cosgrave. I always underestimate our young teams composure and how much their fitness comes into play.

Edit: incredible win

Last edited:
Super win, what a match. Prendergast had his share of mistakes but my God he looked composed for a u20 player on his first start. He'll have his Ireland debut within 15months it he avoids injuries.

Looks like it'll be yet another crap weekend for Welsh rugby. (In addition to the pro teams' failures, Wales women lost by over fifty points at home to England!)

Munster player well, we did pretty poorly, but we lost in the end because of poor kicking accuracy and missing Deon Fourie. This game and the last showed how much we are missing a back up fetcher who can get us out of trouble in the danger zone. Without him we've really struggled.

O'Mahony played really well and was constantly getting under our skins, well played. I've frustratingly got a 11am flight out of Cape Town Airport tomorrow and I'm sure they'll be there to remind me of this painful loss. I think our season is basically over now. We've been poor away from home and we won't be winning a semi final away to Ulster or Leinster.

Munster player well, we did pretty poorly, but we lost in the end because of poor kicking accuracy and missing Deon Fourie. This game and the last showed how much we are missing a back up fetcher who can get us out of trouble in the danger zone. Without him we've really struggled.

O'Mahony played really well and was constantly getting under our skins, well played. I've frustratingly got a 11am flight out of Cape Town Airport tomorrow and I'm sure they'll be there to remind me of this painful loss. I think our season is basically over now. We've been poor away from home and we won't be winning a semi final away to Ulster or Leinster.
At least you'll be in the semis. No Welsh team did (before January, Cardiff at least looked likely to be so).

At least you'll be in the semis. No Welsh team did (before January, Cardiff at least looked likely to be so).
Yeah, super disapointing. Annoying thing is that Cardiff, Ospreys and Scarlets have all shown that it's not necessarily a player quality issue, but a consistency one. Ospreys showed they can beat some of the best in Europe in the Champions Cup and Cardiff/ Scarlets have also shown periods of quality throughout the season. But all three have shown periods of downright mediocrity which have undermined their seasons.

All three will be weaker next season, so I don't see things changing anytime soon. But the coaches at all three need to work hard to gain some consistency.

Wow great result for Munster yesterday. Only saw the highlights, but not one I expected. Not an exaggeration to say it saves both this and next season for us.

Leinster kids impressive again. Looks like Cosgrave will be fast tracked, which is fair. Makes me wonder if a guy like Tector should look elsewhere next season. Tbh we could probably use him. I'm a bit sickened we're losing Healy.

Latest posts