URC 2023/2024 Round 6

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Fri 24 Nov Cardiff v Stormers (7.35pm) Live on BBC Wales

Fri 24 Nov Edinburgh v Benetton (7.35pm)

Sat 25 Nov Lions v Zebre Parma (12.55pm)

Sat 25 Nov Bulls v Connacht (3pm)

Sat 25 Nov Sharks v Dragons (5.05pm) Live on S4C

Sat 25 Nov Leinster v Munster (6.30pm)

Sat 25 Nov Glasgow v Ulster (7.35pm)

Sun 26 Nov Ospreys v Scarlets (3pm)

Hopefully we can get a result in Cardiff but I expect they will be desperate for the log points as well. Hoping we can build on a decent outing last week even though we only did score the 3 points.

Glasgow vs Ulster, now there's a good one. The Warriors are my team so I'm going with them. Glasgow wins in a very close hard fought match. 1700600659052.png

Hopefully we can get a result in Cardiff but I expect they will be desperate for the log points as well. Hoping we can build on a decent outing last week even though we only did score the 3 points.
Hahaha you must be one hell of a pessimist lol

Cardiff Arms park is a basically a bye week to all but maybe Dragons and hopefully Zebre.

Stormers wont have any troubles Friday, sadly I'll be there to watch it.

Cardiff Arms park is a basically a bye week to all but maybe Dragons and hopefully Zebre.

You keep saying this, but we have not done particularly well in Europe. Also it's the nature of a Stormers fan to be a pessimist. We are doing well now, but we have a habit of having a great team on paper but then just not winning things or showing up when it matters. Last two years have been a rare experience.

Not great timing for us, our form is a bit spotty and we have a few injuries that will hurt us. Meanwhile you have a pretty well rested Leinster team who will probably be a bit sore from last year and they are very unlikely to choke it as it's not a final.

I think 12 point handicap is a smidge high, but only barely. Cynically predicting a one score game where we don't really look like ever winning.

He's just being humble. Clearly a nice guy but he must know deep down this is, at a minimum, a 20 point win for Stormers.

You keep saying this, but we have not done particularly well in Europe. Also it's the nature of a Stormers fan to be a pessimist. We are doing well now, but we have a habit of having a great team on paper but then just not winning things or showing up when it matters. Last two years have been a rare experience.
And to think at one point we had almost the entire Bok pack who won back to back wrc ***les (bar 5 lock) but always fell off towards the end of the SR seasons.

I mean we literally fielded Kitshoff, Mbonambi, Malherbe, Etzebeth, Kolisi, PSDT and Vermeulen..
He's just being humble. Clearly a nice guy but he must know deep down this is, at a minimum, a 20 point win for Stormers.
I would surprised if we won, nevertheless by 20. We are traveling without a lot of players and not just our couple of internationals. Just had to fly in a new lock. We have no line out to speak of. The break really can't come soon enough for us to regroup.

Stormers...

What a shambles!

Bulls showed the way, all day you had set peice dominance, and instead of compounding that you decided to play a weird width / high risk game.

With 6 mins to go at 24 - 24 I couldnt believe Stormers turned down a 45m shot at goal just to miss touch!

It's sad to see some seriously average players come off the bench.

Poor quality game but highly entertaining.

Mason Grady is an excellent player, much prefer him at 13 but with all the wing injuries at the moment, needs must. Think Gatland needs to get him more experience in the 13 slot for wales sooner rather than later or start building a centre partnership for the future.

Thought Cardiff should have dropped a goal at the end there, could have easily been held up over the line. Like in the other games just lacking some leadership but it paid off this time. Cardiff keep building, good result in this development phase.

Winnett is coming along nicely. I actually think with him and Rogers we have 2 young players that could be solid international full backs for us.

Winnett is coming along nicely. I actually think with him and Rogers we have 2 young players that could be solid international full backs for us.
He's getting a good string of games and he's getting a lot from it. Good in the air, kicking out of hand is improving a lot, hitting the line well etc.

There's a string of home games now, Scarlets at home and then a big test against Bath. I can't see Sheratt changing the back three too much other than Josh Adams to come back, so Cam will likely continue to start.

"Rebuilding" year for us or just a horror tour at the worst timing and we will bounce back?

Latest posts