• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

USA release of Rugby 2012

dpc.photo

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
United States
What are the chances of this game being released in the States? I know we unfortunately don't have the biggest rugby following here, but there are still millions of fans and the game itself is gaining popularity. With the World Cup here shortly, I would hope the game gets released in the majority of countries. I would love to be able to play a new game without having to import a PAL system.

Fingers crossed we'll get it. I'm really hoping to be able to have online play so we can play our brothers across the pond, as it were.

0_0 I didn't even consider that it might not be released in the states... OH NO!

I'm sure it will be released in the states, even with rugby not as popular in the US, they will still sell a lot more copies there then they would in other countries.

also there are alot of sports fans in america that will happily trial rugby and that in itself is advertisement for game of Rugby it's all good!

Considering HB is located in Vancouver, I would expect so. If not...

Considering HB is located in Vancouver, I would expect so. If not...

The regions where the game is released depends mostly on the publisher and not the studio.

For example, Shogun 2 is published by SEGA but the won't be released in Japan even if SEGA is based there and the game itself it's about Japan... I wouldn't expect such nonsense from this game.

The regions where the game is released depends mostly on the publisher and not the studio.

For example, Shogun 2 is published by SEGA but the won't be released in Japan even if SEGA is based there and the game itself it's about Japan... I wouldn't expect such nonsense from this game.

I believe SEGA isn't in charge of the Asian market anyway, Typhoon Games are. Different publishers are often used in different regions.

that may be true, but I was trying to illustrate that it doesn't really mean that if HB is located in Canada the game has to be published in the US.

We're in Nova Scotia, not Vancouver. More details to follow on North American release, but suffice it to say I'm passionate about the development of the sport in North America and know what impact our game has had in years past. I've had people approach me to let me know that they started playing Rugby at college in the states because they'd got into the sport through the EA Sports Rugby series.

The ps3 is region free, but the xbox 360 is not ( at least i dont think) but anyway, fingers crossed for the release

I've had people approach me to let me know that they started playing Rugby at college in the states because they'd got into the sport through the EA Sports Rugby series.

This must be the highest praise one can get. I hope the people that represent Rugby in the international forums see how much a videogame does to promote the sport and maybe think again about the licensing and all that bs

We're in Nova Scotia, not Vancouver. More details to follow on North American release, but suffice it to say I'm passionate about the development of the sport in North America and know what impact our game has had in years past. I've had people approach me to let me know that they started playing Rugby at college in the states because they'd got into the sport through the EA Sports Rugby series.
Visit and post more often, most here I think feel out in the dark where your competitor is constantly staying in touch with its potential fanbase.
Would be great to have another Q & A soon with more details on where things are at with this game.

@Radman: As I've said elsewhere, we visit often and are getting to a point where we can begin to participate in the forum discussion more frequently. It's been a busy time, but we're really excited to share with you the results of all the hard work.

@beerholder: Yep, big compliment. The constituency for our game is diverse and far reaching - especially during a World Cup year.

@Radman: As I've said elsewhere, we visit often and are getting to a point where we can begin to participate in the forum discussion more frequently. It's been a busy time, but we're really excited to share with you the results of all the hard work.
facebook-like-buton.png

Its great to see you guys on the forum, I quite often spot you on the list at the bottom of the forum having a look round which is great.

@beerholder: Yep, big compliment. The constituency for our game is diverse and far reaching - especially during a World Cup year.

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to seeing how things have turned out.

You should be able to buy it on ebay no problem. [edit] Oh wait, the 360 has that region thing srry.

Last edited:

Latest posts