• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

UTC Les Catalans vs. London Broncos

D

DonBilly

Last week the future SRL team Les Catalans (UTC) played the London Broncos in Saint Estève. They won 26-24.

How good are the London Broncos?

London are bad. They have lost their most influential player. This season will be more difficult than the last. I can see them either being the team that normally gets relegated to the national leagues or the team that gets relegated to accomodate UTC.

London are going to struggle this season, they lost their best player to Wigan and will have to fight all the way against relegation.

That's a pity then, this means then that there's no high level RL team in London any more and RL stays in its Northern stronghold.

But there will be a Super League team from the Traditional stronghold of the South of France. DonBilly, how big a team in terms of fans and support will UTC be when they enter Super League?

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jan 26 2005, 11:25 AM
But there will be a Super League team from the Traditional stronghold of the South of France. DonBilly, how big a team in terms of fans and support will UTC be when they enter Super League?
I think they can gather between 5000 and 10000 people in the public. If they manage to reach play-off it will be closer to 15000.

The best woul be that they play in Perpignan in alternance with the USAP the RU club. Thus people can then attend to both.

I think they have two and they play alternatively at Perpignan ans Saint Estève wich are quite close anyway.

No. There is the Hussard de Paris team which plays in second or third division as well as Charenton Paris XIII.

The furthest north team in the top league is Villeurbanne-Lyon and they are at the bottom of the league table. I don't know if the Promotion/Relegation will resume this year but if it is the case it is likely that they get relegated.

Latest posts