• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Venter Gets Himself Into Trouble Again

Which means in English
Yep... You're a Northampton fan so anything nasty you say about Saracens is instantly bullshit and only because you're upset about being knocked out.

Whatever. That sort of xenophobic crap may wash here or here, but not on TRF.

I'd just have to say there's a hell of a lot of information from both sides here with ZERO reliable links or sources. I have nothing against either club, but it used to be in the good old days that people could win an argument based on the strength of the information sources, whether or not it was even flimsy circumstantial stuff.

At the end of the day, both opinions carry little real weight as a result, although allegations are the foundation of the argument and they certainly need the most backing up via evidence or links to articles.

"Because I said so", isn't going to clear anything up here. It just ends as a stalemate and you'll each hold your original positions.

Don't try and reason with him mate, he's just having a huge sulk because his team lost to a team he really doesn't like.

My point is that I know that my allegation about mallinder and barwell being party to a huge cover up has no evidence and is probably false. That's not the problem.

The problem is that he is coming on here, suggesting that saracens are suffering from institutional racism and when asked to back it up says "because I said so."

What I can do is give you all the definition of inciting racial hatred from the public order act of 1986:

Under the Law of the United Kingdom, "incitement to racial hatred" was established as an offence by the provisions of §§ 17-29 of the Public Order Act 1986.

It was first established as a criminal offence in the Race Relations Act 1976. The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 made publication of material that incited racial hatred an arrestable offence.

This offence refers to:

- deliberately provoking hatred of a racial group
- distributing racist material to the public
- making inflammatory public speeches
- creating racist websites on the Internet
- inciting inflammatory rumours about an individual or an ethnic group, for the purpose of spreading racial discontent.

(http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=inciting+racial+hatred)

My point is that Brennan Venter and saracens players could be liable for prosecution under the first offense listed and that if Tiny and Mujati have been racially abused then Northampton Saints has an obligation as a responsible employer to report these allegations to the RFU and the police.

That is why I doubt the validity of Mite's allegations, not because I'm a Saracens fan but principally I would believe that if racial harassment did take place Saints would do the right thing.

If the allegations are true then the amount of damage this would cause both clubs as well as English rugby would be immense.

Again, I'm not being one eyed, if Saints have any evidence of this they MUST report this. No exceptions, excuses or smoky back room deals apply.

To put it another way, if there is no smoke without fire then how the hell can the authorities put out the fire if saints don't report it?

That's how serious this is. Racism is serious f*king business and can't be merely banded about on heresay.

So basically this is only happening because mite is having tantrum. In two weeks he'll never mention this again until the next time Saracens beat Saints.

I'm bored of this and I've got better things to do (such as enjoy my holiday) other than deal with the irrational ranting of some people.

So basically this is only happening because mite is having tantrum. In two weeks he'll never mention this again until the next time Saracens beat Saints.

I'm bored of this and I've got better things to do (such as enjoy my holiday) other than deal with the irrational ranting of some people.

**** you Prestwick, you condescending arse.

I have never, EVER, "thrown a tantrum" because my team loses. And that's what this is all about on the basis of your argument; A Northampton fan accuses Venter & several South-African Saracens players of racial slurs (which I may add is the worst kept secret in the sport - Even BBC have mentioned it as seen here), so you start accusing me of throwing tantrums then copy-paste a load of legal crap which would be completely ignored by everyone except some London solicitors with nothing better to do.

Don't start telling me what I am or am-not thinking, and stop this holier-the-thou act just because I said something not very nice about Saracens.

RFU confirm Brendan Venter's appeal date

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/saracens/8703556.stm

The Rugby Football Union has confirmed it will hear Saracens boss Brendan Venter's appeal against a 14-week ban on Wednesday evening.

The Sarries director of rugby will sit before an independent panel in London.

Venter was handed the punishment for "making provocative and inappropriate gestures" during a match at Leicester on 8 May.

The South African is currently banned from being at Twickenham for the Guinness Premiership final on 29 May.

Saracens hope to have the ban overturned before the clash with Leicester which takes place just three days after the hearing.

The dispute has also seen a row break out between the club and the sport's governing body.

Sarries chief executive Edward Griffiths hit out at the RFU saying: "Perhaps it's time for English rugby to be run like a modern professional sport and not a rural prep school."

RFU chairman Martyn Thomas, who could yet take disciplinary action against Griffiths, responded angrily saying: "Nobody is bigger than the game of rugby and we're becoming increasingly concerned at the erosion of the core principles of the game."

After Venter's initial hearing the RFU released an 11-page statement, in which it observed Venter's "arrogant behaviour" during the hearing, citing his eating of biscuits and sweets as examples.

---------------------------

Delicious irony in Griffiths accusing anyone else of not acting professional. Even if it is the RFU.

Latest posts