Charles

Bench Player
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
France
Anyone know about them?

Vibram-Five-Fingers-Classic.jpg

They were originally designed as boat shoes, but some barefoot running guys started to use them to avoid the nasty cuts etc that you get running barefoot but still getting all the benefits. The sole is about 3/4 milimeters thin.

I got myself a pair of these babies, especially designed for running:
mens_vibram_five_finger_bikila_grey.jpg

They look goofy and all, but they're really comfy(like walking barefoot, really), running in them is awesome and it's Tokyo so I can pull them off among all the crazy fashion :D

I considered buying some for a kyaking(sp?) trip I went on last year but held off because I doubted i would get much more use out of them and they were price enough. look like they would fit right in in tokyo

They are pricey true, but you can use them for more than kayaking. I just wear them as everyday shoes...They are really really comfy...Just walking around is a rediscovery...

Heard some very good things about them, for running
Was considering getting some when my current running shoes wear out, but I think I'm going to get the Nike Free ones instead (they're similar in principle - mimicking bare foot) but are an actual shoe rather than a sole with straps

Latest posts