• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Video Editing

S

SaintsFan_Webby

Right, this isn't strictly a written article, but I still want feedback so I though I'd put it here. Mods move it if you don't think it fits...

Anyway, I had my first go at editing a video the other day. Nothing spectacular, just some stuff from my last day at school.

Basically, anyone with more skill than me at this (ie, most people), it would be really helpful if you could watch it, tell me what works and what doesn't, and give any tips you can think of.

I'm planning on doing some small amateur stuff over the summer, so any help for future stuff would be appreciated.

My Video

Cheers.

Originally posted by kinkon89@May 22 2006, 06:49 AM
wow...you guys must be sad...

where are you in the movie?
1) This is what we did on our last day instead of going to lessons. The film doesn't include the drinking and BBQ that were also going on at the time.

2) I'm the one holding the camera.

the biggest gripe would have to be the use of windows movie maker, it sucks poos

Originally posted by EVOL@May 22 2006, 11:15 AM
the biggest gripe would have to be the use of windows movie maker, it sucks poos
This was my first effort, and it was the only program I had.

I can't afford/be bothered to go out and buy any expensive software.

Might just have to see if I can find or borrow some from somewhere...

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 22 2006, 11:43 AM
...or look harder, amazing what you can find ahem, freeware...
Any tips for a good program to try and get hold of?

Originally posted by Hypnotised@May 23 2006, 06:44 AM
Sorry to post a link to a video of mine in your thread Saintsfan, but I to tried my luck at Video Editing a few months back, this is what I produced:

http://media.putfile.com/Tottenhamvid2
I wouldn't have minded if it didn't show Keane scoring againts City ;)

What program did you use, I'm interested to pick up any tips I can...

Just plain old movie Maker as well. First go that was... Needed a different song to back it but just couldn't think of or find anything.

Try Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 (or Premier 6.5 on the cheap). Both are semi-professional video editing software.

The main ingredient though in good video editing is a decent video card. The ultimate is the Matrox RT2 but that's a bit much for a little hobby. You might be able to find a cheap Matrox RT2500 somewhere like ebay. The Matrox RTX100 is the middle ground.

As for the video itself, not too shabby for a beginner. I have had to endure teaching lower school students Windows Movie Maker and know it's limitations.
The only thing I would say would be to try and vary the angles and maybe try to get a bit more footage. Slowmo is OK but can be tedious sometimes when used throughout. It's common practice to fade music and visuals in and out when the flim starts and ends unless you are trying a specific style.

Keep trying. :)

Originally posted by St. Jamez@Jun 9 2006, 08:15 PM
Try Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 (or Premier 6.5 on the cheap). Both are semi-professional video editing software.

The main ingredient though in good video editing is a decent video card. The ultimate is the Matrox RT2 but that's a bit much for a little hobby. You might be able to find a cheap Matrox RT2500 somewhere like ebay. The Matrox RTX100 is the middle ground.

As for the video itself, not too shabby for a beginner. I have had to endure teaching lower school students Windows Movie Maker and know it's limitations.
The only thing I would say would be to try and vary the angles and maybe try to get a bit more footage. Slowmo is OK but can be tedious sometimes when used throughout. It's common practice to fade music and visuals in and out when the flim starts and ends unless you are trying a specific style.

Keep trying. :)
Thanks for the detailed response. That was my first go and I've done others since which have turned out better.

Can't afford to upgrade loads of stuff seeing as it is just a hobby, but I'll at least look out for the software you mentioned.

:bravo:

so let me ask you saintsfan, is that all just wrestling or are there punches and stuff

hmm i wouldnt mind comin and scrappin it with you boys haha..

Originally posted by DC13@Jun 19 2006, 01:33 AM
so let me ask you saintsfan, is that all just wrestling or are there punches and stuff

hmm i wouldnt mind comin and scrappin it with you boys haha..
It was only supposed to be a bit of fun, so punches only.

You'd get dumped on by some of the nutters over here, there's some idiots who feel no pain.

Our Colts coach used to be British UFC Champion, and has offered to carry out killings with the gun he has in his car. That's how hard Northampton is. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm now far too scared to go back to work...It's all too gangsta...

*hides under stairs*

Latest posts