• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Views on rugby gloves?

E

el_tk

I tried wearing gloves- They're useful if you're just trying to keep your hands warm on a cold dry day but if it's raining I found them useless once they were wet because it was just the same as having wet, slippy hands. And there's no need for them in good weather.

So don't bother.

A

Andres1989

If you can't catch without gloves then you can't catch with gloves.
If you are someone who can catch without gloves then it's a good idea to get them because they'll make you that much better, especially in wetter weather.

W

Wellycane

Rugby gloves hmmm...right! This is the answer to Toeava's ball handling errors.

T

Tin

i do wear a pair when it is horrible weather as it does seem to help a bit of so i feel, but to those who say gloves are for fags last time i checked rugby isnt a sport where you get remembered for what you wear but what you do.

H

Hoodo

I wear gloves, because :

A) I live in Scotland. CONSTANT rain.
B) I play Hooker. Therefore there handy for gripping ball during lineouts.Especially in wet games.

V

vtrucker

I wear gloves, because :

A) I live in Scotland. CONSTANT rain.
B) I play Hooker. Therefore there handy for gripping ball during lineouts.Especially in wet games.
[/b]

Another lineout thrower here, I have a pair of gloves in my bag and bust them out on the rainy days just to help my grip for lineout throws. I really think it makes a difference and who really cares what someone else thinks of your gloves?

H

Hoodo

Exactly.

Shame mine have nice big Scotland flags on them :D:D

Although I do feel that without gloves, I can keep the ball straighter in the lineouts.

C

Centre12

i bought some gloves to play in when i was at school thinking they were cool. they don't really make a difference because as soon as they get wet they are useless and harder to dry than your hands! Four years on and i wouldn't be seen dead wearing them in a match.

W

walkzzter

I do wear gloves, due to the fact that the bad weather makes throwing in at the line out more tricky. However if it weren't for this I wouldn't wear them!!

P

PeeJay

i bought some gloves to play in when i was at school thinking they were cool. they don't really make a difference because as soon as they get wet they are useless and harder to dry than your hands! Four years on and i wouldn't be seen dead wearing them in a match. [/b]
If they were useless in the wet then you obviously bought **** quality gloves.

B

banz

<div class='quotemain'> i bought some gloves to play in when i was at school thinking they were cool. they don't really make a difference because as soon as they get wet they are useless and harder to dry than your hands! Four years on and i wouldn't be seen dead wearing them in a match. [/b]
If they were useless in the wet then you obviously bought **** quality gloves.
[/b][/quote]

I have to agree here as alot of gloves r designed to improve grip in the rain.

K

kyryllo

I have the CCC grip mits and they never get wet, even if I put my hands in a puddle they are dry just a few seconds later. Also if there's low athmospheric pressure (hence bad weather) my hands tend to swell when running a lot and then I have problems tying my shoes, let alone passin the ball. But with gloves the hands don't swell that much, because of the additional pressure provided by the gloves.

S

sobered

As a hooker,the gloves help alot especially in the rain. esp in Singapore..we get alot of rain..:(

O

ospreys1987

I wore my mates gloves once cos it was ******* it down and I found they made no difference at all, they were uncomfortable and felt weird. Saying that, I do wear underarmour cos it looks cool. So Im a "scene" player lol atleast I'm talented

J

Josao

I personally think it depends on the brand also, I think I saw some Adidas ones in a local shop that looked very odd, the grips on them were these crescent moon type things.