• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Views on rugby gloves?

I tried wearing gloves- They're useful if you're just trying to keep your hands warm on a cold dry day but if it's raining I found them useless once they were wet because it was just the same as having wet, slippy hands. And there's no need for them in good weather.

So don't bother.

If you can't catch without gloves then you can't catch with gloves.
If you are someone who can catch without gloves then it's a good idea to get them because they'll make you that much better, especially in wetter weather.

Rugby gloves hmmm...right! This is the answer to Toeava's ball handling errors.

i do wear a pair when it is horrible weather as it does seem to help a bit of so i feel, but to those who say gloves are for fags last time i checked rugby isnt a sport where you get remembered for what you wear but what you do.

I wear gloves, because :

A) I live in Scotland. CONSTANT rain.
B) I play Hooker. Therefore there handy for gripping ball during lineouts.Especially in wet games.

I wear gloves, because :

A) I live in Scotland. CONSTANT rain.
B) I play Hooker. Therefore there handy for gripping ball during lineouts.Especially in wet games.
[/b]

Another lineout thrower here, I have a pair of gloves in my bag and bust them out on the rainy days just to help my grip for lineout throws. I really think it makes a difference and who really cares what someone else thinks of your gloves?

Exactly.

Shame mine have nice big Scotland flags on them :D:D

Although I do feel that without gloves, I can keep the ball straighter in the lineouts.

i bought some gloves to play in when i was at school thinking they were cool. they don't really make a difference because as soon as they get wet they are useless and harder to dry than your hands! Four years on and i wouldn't be seen dead wearing them in a match.

I do wear gloves, due to the fact that the bad weather makes throwing in at the line out more tricky. However if it weren't for this I wouldn't wear them!!

i bought some gloves to play in when i was at school thinking they were cool. they don't really make a difference because as soon as they get wet they are useless and harder to dry than your hands! Four years on and i wouldn't be seen dead wearing them in a match. [/b]
If they were useless in the wet then you obviously bought **** quality gloves.

<div class='quotemain'> i bought some gloves to play in when i was at school thinking they were cool. they don't really make a difference because as soon as they get wet they are useless and harder to dry than your hands! Four years on and i wouldn't be seen dead wearing them in a match. [/b]
If they were useless in the wet then you obviously bought **** quality gloves.
[/b][/quote]

I have to agree here as alot of gloves r designed to improve grip in the rain.

I have the CCC grip mits and they never get wet, even if I put my hands in a puddle they are dry just a few seconds later. Also if there's low athmospheric pressure (hence bad weather) my hands tend to swell when running a lot and then I have problems tying my shoes, let alone passin the ball. But with gloves the hands don't swell that much, because of the additional pressure provided by the gloves.

As a hooker,the gloves help alot especially in the rain. esp in Singapore..we get alot of rain..:(

I wore my mates gloves once cos it was ******* it down and I found they made no difference at all, they were uncomfortable and felt weird. Saying that, I do wear underarmour cos it looks cool. So Im a "scene" player lol atleast I'm talented

I personally think it depends on the brand also, I think I saw some Adidas ones in a local shop that looked very odd, the grips on them were these crescent moon type things.

Latest posts