• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Views on rugby gloves?

F

FerraraZ

I play flanker and outside and I believe I handle the ball well but was just debating weather or not to purchase a pair of gloves. What do you guys think? Do you use them?

I never noticed a difference to be honest, but it may help if the ball is greasy.

may take some time to break in and get used to the mitts for some brands

Wear the gloves, be the man.

Why not? There is a definite advantage in wet weather.

mitts_green_tn.jpg

i agree with o'rothlain, i would deff have a pair for those days when the ball is like an oval bar of soap..

Ppl who say gloves are for fags are retarded. They're stupid if it's perfect conditions and you don't need them. But if it's shitty weather out and you're taking the ball into contact, you want more grip. You're a fag if you where **** just for style, that's unfortunately a large percentage of people who wear underarmour and things of that nature. But they are useful.

Ppl who say gloves are for fags are retarded. They're stupid if it's perfect conditions and you don't need them. But if it's shitty weather out and you're taking the ball into contact, you want more grip. You're a fag if you where **** just for style, that's unfortunately a large percentage of people who wear underarmour and things of that nature. But they are useful.
[/b]

There's a reason why I no longer like Taine Randell.

Guy's I'm not 18
In fact I am old as.
Also I am a kiwi, how many kiwi's in the modern game do you see prancing around with the Michael Jackson Gay boy gloves?

Answer: Nil
Reason: No one likes being called a fag from someone that you respect, Pine tree Meads, Buk, Fitzpatrick, Zinzan, Kirwan and Johna never pranced around in Gay boy gloves.
Aussies can do it if they want, so can the Poms and next will come full helmets and offensive and defensive teams, and then we will all watching American football.

If you want to where them then it's up to you, just remember in some parts of the world some might say 'he's a pretty good 1st5 for a girl'.

And that’s the way rugby works ladies and gentleman.

BUT if it helps then go for it, woooow.

Guy's I'm not 18
In fact I am old as.
Also I am a kiwi, how many kiwi's in the modern game do you see prancing around with the Michael Jackson Gay boy gloves?

Reason: No one likes being called a fag from someone that you respect, Pine tree Meads, Buk, Fitzpatrick, Zinzan, Kirwan and Johna never pranced around in Gay boy gloves.
Aussies can do it if they want, so can the Poms and next will come full helmets and offensive and defensive teams, and then we will all watching American football.

If you want to where them then it's up to you, just remember in some parts of the world some might say 'he's a pretty good 1st5 for a girl'.

[/b]

I never knew you were a "Glove-est." I thought we'd put all that behind us, but some people just keep draggin up the past. It's the feckin' 90's man, it's just not cool to judge people on whether or not they wear gloves. Free your mind, and let the shackles of hate and ignorance be shaken off and fall to the ground and be burried on said ground by three midgets (or "little people"...whichever that sort takes less offense) wearing gleaming white robes made of exotic silks and linens whilst a choir of inner-city African baptists sing "Glory, Hallelujah, Redemption is here!"

Some people...

Guy's I'm not 18
In fact I am old as.

[/b]

"Back in the day..."
That seems to be the gist of things a lot of redundant comments i hear in regards to rugby these days.
Back in the day, your heroes never used to wear pads underneath their jerseys, go and look at how many of your beloved Kiwi's are wearing those under their jersey these days. All to protect them from a little contact?
Pff!
It's a modern sport, mate.
Gloves are useful.

Gloves are in.

And don't go gay-bashing. Your sexuality does, in no way, dictate how hard a bloke you are on or off the field.

honestly, who cares what meads, fitzpatrick, and jonah think?

i couldnt care less either way, i wear underarmour i love it, if that makes me a fag so be it, i have worn gloves in the rain, if that makes me a fag so be it.. i guess ultimately taking a option to help you perform better is for fags.. just like lifting weights, and running is for fags!

maybe people need to just stop worrying about how they are perceived as a "fag" i just think f*** em, i wear underarmour, i have fancy boots, do i care if im perceived as a girl? NO.

And don't go gay-bashing. Your sexuality does, in no way, dictate how hard a bloke you are on or off the field.
[/b]

absolutely, dont let jerry collins hair pulling, chris masoes handbag and maa nonus mascara fool you.

gloves... i think they're alrite.. i have lost 3 pairs during my rugby career.. now i cant be arsed to buy a new one..

I wore gloves when I played, but as mentioned earlier they're only really necessary in wet conditions. It also really depends on what position you play as well, I played flanker, 2nd row and number 8 and found that if it's wet and you want to go for a quick pick and drive in bad weather conditions they can be useful. Gilbert gloves are pretty cheap and I wouldn't go out and pay too much for them. Last of all, it really depends on how you feel when you are out on the field, if they're comfortable then wear them, if they're a pest and you feel weird wearing them then don't.

well... i bought a pair of gloves(the 1st one) in the last week so i never used them. I think i will only use them when the weather is bad. In good conditions i will not use them unless i see that it can improve anything for me.

Latest posts