• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

vincent clerc

<div class='quotemain'>
I think clerc is the best winger in france but rougerie is also pretty good
is dominici retired? :S
[/b]

If Dominici isn't retired, he should be. Looked terrible at the WC.

Think Clerc is a classic example of a pure-out and out finisher. Get him the ball and he will finish plays with his quick cuts, crazy acceleration, and his eye for the line. But defensively and his passing/kicking game aren't as well developed as they could be. I think he is one of the best finishers in Europe, but I rate Shane Williams is a more complete player, because of his better passing and kicking skills.

Agree that Heymans is better at FB for France, as they don't have too many options there, but plenty at wing, so he ensures himself more playing time, but he really needs to work on his tackling, cuz after that game against London Irish last season.....yikes! [/b][/quote]

Dominici retired at the end of last season in June. He's now part of the coaching team of Stade Français. He's in charge of the backs.

Kicking skills of Vincent Clerc greatly improved through the years, do you remember his terrific kicks in the last ten minutes of the RWC QF?

Vincent Clerc will come back in a few weeks with Toulouse. He came back to the training 1 month ago after his long injury. Hope to see him at his best level fastly !

i would say that clerc is the french best wing. heymans lacks consistance. but soon maxime medard and alexis palisson will be right up there with him. other competitors to clerc's throne would be malzieu and rougerie and heymans on his day.

I think that Vincent Clerc is the best wing player with Aurélien Rougerie, they are very very fast and they can cause a huge chaos in the ennemy lines

imo before he got injured easily the 2nd best winger in the NH after Shane. haven't seen him much since but if he's back on form then he ought to be scoring tries for fun in the 6N.

Latest posts