• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Waisake Naholo is back from the dead

I definitely wouldn't get my hopes up. Somehow I think medical scans would have a bigger sway than how the leg 'feels'. If he is pushing it early it could well get worse.

Even if his leg was 100%, it would be difficult to justify his selection based on 60 reasonably quiet minutes for the ABs.

Feel for the guy but I think he is clutching at straws.

Last edited:
I heard he also received $10million from a member of the Nigerian royal family.

Good. He'll be able to buy all the kava in Fiji to funnel down his throat so we can numb that bloody leg.

Seems like he is on the way back, very strange, maybe the original diagnosis was wrong?

It was a hairline fracture, nothing major. With proper nutrition and resting it for a few weeks it's not out of the question for it to heal so quickly. We can make room for him in the squad. Dagg, SBW and Slade can go, with Piutau been preferred at FB cover instead of wing.

Naholo and Skudder are the sort of guys you want to be going to this RWC, they have the ability to open up teams on the outside, especially considering how average Savea has been this season.

Haven't really followed Naholo up until recently, and some of his time at Taranaki (more so last year) but somebody told me he's done this witch-doctor thing a couple of years back as well and shaved a few months off an injury.

I guess seeing is believing ... Maybe when he's come through unscathed in a couple of ITM cup games, I'll start to view him as a genuine RWC contender again

Yeah for sure. Would still want him to be sensible about it. But if the Doctors back home can get on board with it, then maybe at some stage he can start playing a bit earlier. Like Corey Jane though, he's probably missed his opportunity to really solidify a spot. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

It was a hairline fracture, nothing major. With proper nutrition and resting it for a few weeks it's not out of the question for it to heal so quickly. We can make room for him in the squad. Dagg, SBW and Slade can go, with Piutau been preferred at FB cover instead of wing.

Naholo and Skudder are the sort of guys you want to be going to this RWC, they have the ability to open up teams on the outside, especially considering how average Savea has been this season.

we've not always seen eye to eye Kiwi...but i like what you saying

A healthy diet of HGH and milk should have that bone solid again in a few weeks.

Whether he's fit or not I just don't know you can justify his selection. NMS is definitely higher in the ranks now imo - he needs to go.

Last edited:
i doubt he'll go now but hopefully he'll still be considered as injury cover

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; display: block; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" ***le="Twitter Tweet" height="184"></iframe>https://twitter.com/aaron_cruden/status/631710899087085568

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/rugby/-i-m-going-to-fiji-if-it-works-cory-jane-interested-in-waisake-naholo-s-miracle-treatment-6373783

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...and-feeling-much-better-waisake-naholo-q05657 Apparently other Fijian players have done this in the past as well<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Latest posts