• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs South Africa

I agree. He sounds like he is getting 'too important' for rugby. I would pork 7 dogs every day for a year to just be in that change-room with the Springboks. ******* is being a brat.

Steyn apparently took the decision in the interests of his team-mates as he does not want to disadvantage them.

What does he mean by that?
Surely dropping out would disadvantage everyone =/

Looks like all that money that sent him packing to France got stuck somewhere between his left and right ear and he now thinks that he is some sort of VIP...If he doesn't play against Wales then I really hope that it will open the door for Joe Pietersen!

PDV already knows what he has in Zane Kirchner...

Pieterson is horrible ?

He's pretty damn solid I would say, no Francois Steyn, but he can definitely be moulded into being a great fullback.

On the Steyn issue, it's just so sad to be honest.

Francois is an example of how one of the greatest Springbok prospects of our generation is going down the drain.
He was played out of position to hell and back, and now he turns out to be a bit of a dick too.

it's heartbreaking since under the right circumstances he could easily be one of the greatest Springboks ever, the boy
is practically overflowing with natural talent.

On the Steyn issue, it's just so sad to be honest.

Francois is an example of how one of the greatest Springbok prospects of our generation is going down the drain.
He was played out of position to hell and back, and now he turns out to be a bit of a dick too.

it's heartbreaking since under the right circumstances he could easily be one of the greatest Springboks ever, the boy
is practically overflowing with natural talent.

This sounds familiar........

This sounds familiar........
I was thinking the same thing...

My tickets arrived yesterday, o I'm officialy fairly hyped, and the more disruptions the Boks team recieves, the better, although I'm not happy about Forrie comnig in. He could stay out.

I'd pick a full-strength Wales side, but with one change: Will Harries in for Leigh Halfpenny. That lad is just too good to be ignored. Since he won't be touring New Zealand, the least he deserves is one cap against a half-strength Boks side.

I don't really blame him, PDV is a bit of a weirdo, a good coach, but a weirdo. Francois Steyn hasn't really shown that he is a '''spoilt'' brat, unlike Cipriani.

I am annoyed with the fact that PDV is chosing overseas players, sure there are good players overseas, but they clearly do not want to represent South Africa. I wish they would take a tougher stance like in Australia and New Zealand.

It's only for this test though isn't it?
No point in sending the whole squad halfway round the world to play Wales, the fly them back to play France a week afterwards when you've already got a load of players there

It's only for this test though isn't it?
No point in sending the whole squad halfway round the world to play Wales, the fly them back to play France a week afterwards when you've already got a load of players there

Yes but it's Wales. The 'we beat South Africa' comments are gonna fly if they win!

Yes but it's Wales. The 'we beat South Africa' comments are gonna fly if they win!
Maybe you and your precious nation could lose some more and you wouldn't have to put up with such comments, would you? Eh? Eh? EH?

Steyn agrees to play for Springboks

Frans Steyn has confirmed his availability for the Springboks in their Test match against Wales in Cardiff on June 5, following a meeting with Springbok coach Peter de Villiers in Johannesburg on Friday.

The meeting included convenor of Springbok selectors Peter Jooste and Gerrie Swart, Frans Steyn's agent.

"We discussed our relationship over the past few months and certain concerns of Frans were addressed and resolved," said De Villiers.

"Frans confirmed his loyalty and commitment to the Springboks and people of South Africa and I can't wait to see him back in green and gold."

Steyn's future availability for the Springboks will be arranged with his club, Racing Metro. The meeting also discussed statements and documentary evidence submitted to De Villiers.

He accepted the contents and apologised for any negative interpretations concerning the reputation and good name of Frans Steyn and Swart, brought about by quotes attributed to him in the media.

The apology was accepted. All parties now regard the matter as closed and will make no further comment on the subject.
Source

1...2...3...Let's all clap hands:rolleyes:

He played there at the start of the season Steve-o but didnt impress. However this may be due to him not getting the ball off his 12 much. Not sure he's got the distribution and vision for an international class 13.

He played there at the start of the season Steve-o but didnt impress. However this may be due to him not getting the ball off his 12 much. Not sure he's got the distribution and vision for an international class 13.

I presume you're talking about Jean De Villiers here?

He's been replaced with Jacque Fourie due to an injury in any case.

Should be a cracker of a game though! I LOVE the Millennium stadium, and the Welsh fans are really behind their team when they play there! Is it a sell-out yet?

I'm sure it will be a sell-out. I heard 50,000 tickets had been sold by last week (nothing official though), so I'm sure the last 22,000 will have gone by next weekend. Welsh rugby is suddenly on a high after the Blues and Ospreys success at regional revel. With them supplying the majority of the Welsh squad, confidence will be flying. Because of that, this is the kinda game Wales have to win if they want to be successful in the WC. I'm gonna put my head out and predict a Welsh win.

Latest posts