Wallabies Asics jersey

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Hi guys,

Apparently the Wallabies will have a new jersey this year produced by Asics, just like the Boks.

Does anyone knows when it will be available for sale?

The big online retailer sI checked don't seem to have it yet.

Cheers

Apparently it will be presented during todays game vs France. But unlike the Boks jersey no supplier offers a pre-order possibility.

Hi guys,

Apparently the Wallabies will have a new jersey this year produced by Asics, just like the Boks.

Does anyone knows when it will be available for sale?

The big online retailer sI checked don't seem to have it yet.

Cheers

Thing is pretty hideous tbh... Way too much crap on it.

Agree...the stars on it look like someone threw up. No need to try and imitate the flag.

Don't like sponsors on Rugby jerseys....just doesn't look right. NZ have totally wrecked theirs for the cash.

Football jerseys have no sponsors at international tournaments. The national jersey should be sacrosanct.

Last edited:
Thing is pretty hideous tbh... Way too much crap on it.
Agreed with you. I liked it at first, but it looks dross in play. Reminds me of an unlicensed jersey from a video game. Last years was far better.

I love the new Wallaby jersey. I'm going to buy it.

:cool:

Why would an Argie buy an Australian jersey?

I could understand if the team was on top and destroying everyone around them and was an iconic shirt (like an old NZ Rugby jersey, or Brazil football jersey)...but not one that looks pretty awful and worn by an average outfit. Wanting the green and gold shirt of the Campese era I could fathom.

Suppose it the same reason anyone buys any Ireland team despite them never being at the top ever.

People like getting rugby shirts.

Last edited:
An Irish person that buys an Irish Rugby jersey... equated to an Argie buying an Australian jersey.

Interesting.

Never bought another teams rugby jersey but the NZ shirt of Lomu era I would have been tempted by. Pele's 1970 Brazil or Maradona 1986 Argentina are the two ultimates for me.

An Irish person that buys an Irish Rugby jersey... equated to an Argie buying an Australian jersey.

Interesting.

Never bought another teams rugby jersey but the NZ shirt of Lomu era I would have been tempted by. Pele's 1970 Brazil or Maradona 1986 Argentina are the two ultimates for me.

No I didn't say a Irish person did I.

I have seen loads of Irish jerseys all around the world. People get shirts either because they like the team, they like the shirt or both.

I have about 20 shirts, My 2003 England shirt, about 5 Tigers jerseys, then the rest are of other teams like, NZ, Aus, SA, birattits, Western Province (the old collar style one) etc

I use them for training, if I don't want to use my club training shirt.

If you have no affiliation to Ireland..and you buy an Irish jersey...to me that's bizarre. It's like me buying a Wales, Scotland or England top.

Club rugby is different as club Rugby support crosses international boundaries. In football i had a Juventus jersey (Roberto Baggio era).

As I said, two aspects that I could understand wanting an international jersey is if it looks good (from a fashion standpoint) or it is from an iconic team...so old shirts of Aus, NZ and SA.

If you have no affiliation to Ireland..and you buy an Irish jersey...to me that's bizarre. It's like me buying a Wales, Scotland or England top.

Club rugby is different as club Rugby support crosses international boundaries. In football i had a Juventus jersey (Roberto Baggio era).

As I said, two aspects that I could understand wanting an international jersey is if it looks good (from a fashion standpoint) or it is from an iconic team...so old shirts of Aus, NZ and SA.

I am a passionate England fan, and as a result have acquired many England jerseys over the years. But I also own French and Australian jerseys, one of each, and still occasionally wear them.

Thinking about it, I suppose it could be seen as a bit bizarre. But I love rugby, love the game, and I have always had a soft spot for France and Australia rugby.

I just like to show that I want to support those two countries as well. England is the true passion though!

Agree...the stars on it look like someone threw up. No need to try and imitate the flag.

Don't like sponsors on Rugby jerseys....just doesn't look right. NZ have totally wrecked theirs for the cash.

Football jerseys have no sponsors at international tournaments. The national jersey should be sacrosanct.

The Southern Cross being all over the thing seriously ****** me off... It's there twice: down the side of the torso and on the back of the shorts. Frankly messes the whole thing up and makes it look a bit boganish...

The other thing that annoys me is the random green under-arms and patch connecting the 'collar'. Again, just makes it way too busy.

Rugby doesn't allow jersey Sponsors at World Cups, but otherwise they're fairly standard I suppose. It is a shame about the AB jersey, but the AIG logo is about as unobtrusive as it gets really.

The Southern Cross being all over the thing seriously ****** me off... It's there twice: down the side of the torso and on the back of the shorts. Frankly messes the whole thing up and makes it look a bit boganish...

The other thing that annoys me is the random green under-arms and patch connecting the 'collar'. Again, just makes it way too busy.

Rugby doesn't allow jersey Sponsors at World Cups, but otherwise they're fairly standard I suppose. It is a shame about the AB jersey, but the AIG logo is about as unobtrusive as it gets really.

Agreed mate. It's a crap effort, but what do you expect when you sign a supplier like Asics? I'd love to get back to the classic look we wore in the early 90s. If the Socceroos can honour their past than so can the Wobs.

In general I'd agree with you, but look at ASICS Springboks Jersey. It's actually bloody good! Simple, classy and with a V neck collar instead of that T-Shirt crap they made for us.

Boganish :lol: yeah it's far too busy. The stars look good on the flag (though think it was you that mentioned its "Britain at night" :lol: )

The simplest are always the classiest. The Aussies gold shirt with green collar. Whatever happened to the Rugby collar btw? Kinda disappeared when tight fitting shirts came on the scene.

The NZ jersey no longer looks the part...the silver fern doesn't stand out infact the sponsor does. The Adidas logo fits perfectly with it as it is similar size plus its an iconic brand in its own right plus...the sponsor on the othehand is the first thing I see.

Why would an Argie buy an Australian jersey?

I could understand if the team was on top and destroying everyone around them and was an iconic shirt (like an old NZ Rugby jersey, or Brazil football jersey)...but not one that looks pretty awful and worn by an average outfit. Wanting the green and gold shirt of the Campese era I could fathom.

Because I'm a crazy rugby supporter. AVERAGE OUTFIT????????????????

What kind of average team won 4,5/5 in Europe? And yes 4,5 because they were stolen in England

What kind of average team beat Ireland, the best Europe team at the moment, at home????

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time the Aussies were great was when John Eales was captain. Now they're the easiest scalp for the Lions. Remember getting up early to watch the Bledisloe Cup matches...now I sleep in.

Why does the Argie Rugby jersey have hoops rather that stripes? Just to be different to the football team?

The last time the Aussies were great was when John Eales was captain. Now they're the easiest scalp for the Lions. Remember getting up early to watch the Bledisloe Cup matches...now I sleep in.

Why does the Argie Rugby jersey have hoops rather that stripes? Just to be different to the football team?

Are u joking me?