• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies for Bledisloe 4 Named

M

mackka

Adam Ashley-Cooper, Peter Hynes, Ryan Cross, Stirling Mortlock (captain), Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, Luke Burgess; Benn Robinson, Stephen Moore, Al Baxter, Mark Chisholm, Nathan Sharpe, Dean Mumm, George Smith, Richard Brown. Reserves: Adam Freier, Matt Dunning, Phil Waugh, David Pocock, Sam Cordingley, Berrick Barnes, Lachie Turner.

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/news/ge...4956196199.html

Having both Waugh and Pocock on the bench is a surprise but when you think about it, are there any other available forwards in the squad who aren't front rowers? Mumm will cover lock. All Blacks by 15-20.

I'll go on a whim and say we might win this one. Players will be stinging from the last match and the tri-nations really illustrated what needed to be done (i.e better defence and conditioning), will want to make it two all with the Kiwis even if they do already have the cup.

Second row looks a bit soft without Horwill, but Chisholm I think provides , maybe a bit more pace and go-forward even if he's not nearly as aggressive as Horwill, though I don't think he'll take his spot. Sharpe will take a few hit-ups then have a rest, but then again our line out will be stronger for it. Good to see Brown on, I hope Pocock comes on for Smith (it will be won't it, that blind-side spot would have to be the most heavily contended in the squad). Also happy to see Mitchell starting again.

That is a very strong team I must say. I'm calling for either a 10+ win to NZ or a tight -5 victory for Australia. Should be a cracker, can't wait.

Pretty strong team that one, expect Barnes to come on early if its not going to well at half time.

Latest posts