• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies Tour Squad Announced

F

Fushitsusha

Yep...

Backs: James O'Connor, Lachie Turner, Drew Mitchell, Peter Hynes, Digby Ioane, Rob Horne, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Stirling Mortlock, Ryan Cross, Berrick Barnes (vice-capt), Kurtley Beale, Quade Cooper, Matt Giteau, Will Genia, Luke Burgess, Richard Kingi.

Forwards: Richard Brown, Wycliff Palu, David Pocock, George Smith, Rocky Elsom (capt), Matt Hodgson, David Dennis, Mitchell Chapman, Dean Mumm, Mark Chisholm, James Horwill, Benn Robinson, Ben Alexander, Pek Cowan, Sekope Kepu, Salesi Ma'afu, Matt Dunning, Stephen Moore, Tatafu Polota-Nau.

Rocky Elsom is captain ?????????????

LOL the Pieman returns .... Matt Dunning is back and twice as hungry, there goes Tokyo!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Oct 9 2009, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yep...

Backs: James O'Connor, Lachie Turner, Drew Mitchell, Peter Hynes, Digby Ioane, Rob Horne, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Stirling Mortlock, Ryan Cross, Berrick Barnes (vice-capt), Kurtley Beale, Quade Cooper, Matt Giteau, Will Genia, Luke Burgess, Richard Kingi.

Forwards: Richard Brown, Wycliff Palu, David Pocock, George Smith, Rocky Elsom (capt), Matt Hodgson, David Dennis, Mitchell Chapman, Dean Mumm, Mark Chisholm, James Horwill, Benn Robinson, Ben Alexander, Pek Cowan, Sekope Kepu, Salesi Ma'afu, Matt Dunning, Stephen Moore, Tatafu Polota-Nau.[/b]

Best. Joke. Ever.

That aside, it's a fair selection, although I would have picked The Evil Wizard as captain. This will be a good chance to figure if O'Connor is up to the task.

So what do you Aussies make of Giteau and Mortlock losing the Captaincy Roles? It shocked me. Although Mortlocks most recent injury sums up why he's not going to make the WC. What did Giteau do? surely he'll be around in 2011.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Oct 21 2009, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So what do you Aussies make of Giteau and Mortlock losing the Captaincy Roles? It shocked me. Although Mortlocks most recent injury sums up why he's not going to make the WC. What did Giteau do? surely he'll be around in 2011.[/b]

Giteau didn't lose a captaincy role...

George Smith was a vice captain, but now that position has gone to Barnes with Elsom being named captain...

These changes were bound to happen...

have they given it to barnes so he definitely doesn't go back to league?

matt_dunning_runs_wallabies_575425.jpg

With his running game and golden boot these Irish and Welsh backs will be in total disarray.

Out of interest, what kind of team would probably be played vs Gloucester and vs Cardiff Blues? Can;t wait for the Blues match :D I am so gonna go to that one, hopefully we can do what the O's did and get a win ;)
Likely Cardiff team:

1. Gary Powell
2. Gareth Williams
3. Tau'fauo Filise
4. Deiniol Jones
5. Paul ***o
6. Maama Molitika (if fit anyway, if not probably Ben White or Scott Morgan)
7. Robin Sowden Taylor/Sam Warburton (one or both will be involved with the National Side, but at leats one will be able to play)
8. Xavier Rush
9. Richie Rees
10. Sam Norton-Knight
11. Chris Czekaj/Dafydd James
12. Gavin Evans
13. Casey Laulala/Dafydd James
14. Richard Mustoe (who scored the winner for the O's against Australia back in 2006)
15. Ben Blair

Was going through the injury list for England (Andy Sheridan, Phil Vickery, Julian White, Lee Mears, Simon Shaw, Harry Ellis, Riki Flutey, Delon Armitage & possibly Nick Easter) and saw that most were frontline players and especially in the front-row.

IMO, the Wallabies have this game in the bag....they might as well bring Baxter back and start him in this game.

But if they lose.... :lol:

al baxter took out the honours in the battle of the front row last year against the poms.

It's beyond me how you think O'Conner is a joke. He's been pretty damn good.
Also glad to see Elsom as Captain...I love that dude.
Also, Also, glad to see Matt Dunning back in "form"...random drop goals, ahoy! No, seriously, Matt Dunning>You.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Oct 27 2009, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's beyond me how you think O'Conner is a joke. He's been pretty damn good.
Also glad to see Elsom as Captain...I love that dude.
Also, Also, glad to see Matt Dunning back in "form"...random drop goals, ahoy! No, seriously, Matt Dunning>You.[/b]

O'Conner was solid during the super 14 and at times against South Africa, however the two times he played against the All Blacks he was completely hopeless - he dropped the ball 3-4 times each game, and kicked the ball out on the full more than once - it was like the AB's were playing with 16 men. He has some serious talent, but it may be too soon for him at this level.

why is cameron sheperd never picked he s the best wingerin australia IMO and brilliiant goal kicker

Latest posts