• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eddie Jones replaces Dave Rennie as Wallabies coach

Hilarious,
It says they "reached an agreement" wonder if he managed to fleece some severance pay out of them

And goneeeeeeeeee

Imagine the scenes if they get Ian Foster (Which they should)
Open to be proven wrong, but I wouldnt want to go near foster. He only turned it around after he was forced to change his coaching team and take on scmidt and ryan. Fair play to him for not having the ego to just walk, but still before that he was not good, and his previous head coaching gigs where not great either.

If I was australia I would be looking at Scmidt himself tbh.

Does Jones's appointment for Australia now go down as the most ridiculous in the history of the sport?

Open to be proven wrong, but I wouldnt want to go near foster. He only turned it around after he was forced to change his coaching team and take on scmidt and ryan. Fair play to him for not having the ego to just walk, but still before that he was not good, and his previous head coaching gigs where not great either.

If I was australia I would be looking at Scmidt himself tbh.

I mean why couldn't they go with Schmidt and Foster combo.

Guarantee he went up them saying he wanted to quit but would need a severance to leave the contract early.

I mean why couldn't they go with Schmidt and Foster combo.
I mean they could, but I dont know why they wouldnt just cut the middle man and go with Schmidt one of the drivers of overcoming the rot foster had caused at the beginning of his reign and someone who did a decent job at ireland previously.

Like I said, happy to be proven wrong by Foster as a coach, and I might be discrediting his role to much, but personally, I feel that run was more a refelction of being forced to hire world class assistants.

I doubt Schmidt wants another international head coach role to be honest. When he ruled himself out of the ABs job he said he was only working with them as an assistant as it was a condensed time frame which suits him for personal reasons. I think he even confirmed he won't be seeking any coaching opportunities post WC.

So eddie in and out huh. They could have had rennie building into a lions series and a home World Cup but no.

That's a momentous f up.

They should try and bring in a famous league coach. Might get the public watching.

So how many days are we looking at before Eddie signs up as Japan's head coach?
It's already a given isn't it?
I'll give it until the end of November for the dust to settle.

So how many days are we looking at before Eddie signs up as Japan's head coach?
It's already a given isn't it?
I'll give it until the end of November for the dust to settle.
Honestly, who would want him? He's so toxic now. I know he did great for Japan before, but he's a different coach now. Besides, who is left who would be his assistant?

I assume Jones' contract has a break clause meaning either party could terminate it if they didn't get out of the group otherwise Japan (assuming he goes there) will effectively have to buy out his contract. He'll fleece them for as much as he can but I can't see him making much of an impact there given that he's yesterday's man.

Will be interesting to see who Australia go for next. Too soon for Cheika to go back? Jamie Joseph maybe. It's a big appointment for them with the Lions and 2028 RWC coming up and they can't really afford to get this one wrong.

Latest posts