• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v France - warm up match. 05/08/23 3:15pm

Well Scotland decided to play and France went from 4th gear to 1st.

"If I take off my Scottish tinged glasses, this attack is a threat to any in the world." No your Scottish tinged glasses are still on Barclay.

Barclay claiming to take off his Scottish specs then saying this Scottish side is a threat to any side in the world is some of the maddest commentary I've ever heard

South Africa and New Zealand must be ******* themselves watching this

10 seconds that show why Kinghorn should be on the teamsheet*. Boot, pace, height.

*as a fullback

I hope Horne gets recognition in the camp for an excellent performance. He is made for playing at pace and it'd be good to see a Scottish developed scrummie in France.

Also, Barclay redeems himself with the MotM pick.

I'll take that, but I'd prefer Scotland to play in the first half as well

Barclay completely discounting that the first half happened, saying the game was slow to get going and you could argue France showed flashes

Bro....what?!

Hopefully my last Scottish fullback observation of the year but that being Kinghorn's first start at fullback for 3 years is a ludicrous stat. I do not want to see anyone injured but if Kinghorn and Horne both get elevated due to the misfortune of others it could be a blessing in disguise and give RWC viewers a real dose of the horn.

France will be pretty annoyed after that, Scotland love to make it difficult for themselves…

Kinghorn is and always has been a 15, play him there and he is a great asset. I will add that he has played a notch higher than his usual, no Hogg in front of him now maybe a bit more confident to push himself.

Horne getting a great chance to show his ability for a change too, very dangerous around the fringes.

I think Barclay is secretly the Scottish spin doctor.

Scotland deserved the win and had a much improved second half, but that performance will not have worried anyone. Some of those French players, especially the subs will have played themselves out of contention.

Hopefully my last Scottish fullback observation of the year but that being Kinghorn's first start at fullback for 3 years is a ludicrous stat. I do not want to see anyone injured but if Kinghorn and Horne both get elevated due to the misfortune of others it could be a blessing in disguise and give RWC viewers a real dose of the horn.
Well they were insistent on trying to force 15 into a 10 sized hole for a while. Everyone could see it wasn't right but that's international coaching at times

Barclay completely discounting that the first half happened, saying the game was slow to get going and you could argue France showed flashes

Bro....what?!
Barclay spent years going "This is Scotlands year!!!11" he's so painfully partisan it's pretty annoying.

Latest posts