• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina vs South Africa (05/08/23)

Relieved for Munster fans with the second row selection, was looking like they'd have to support Ireland this weekend for a second there with Healy not in the Scotland squad.

I'll watch this match but I'm buzzing from the news that Gelant is back at the Stormers.

Argentina is a terrible team to play in a warm up match in that you can only lose because no margin of victory would be a big win while any loss would be considered a huge disappointment (it feels like a lot of people I talk to view the Pumas the same way we would say Italy in rugby terms) despite it being a very likely outcome. On top of that there is high risk of being injured. Just look at Grant Williams. I had him as a bolter but.. I suppose I should be happy the expletive got at least a 2 week ban.

like Argentina's kit but I do not like South Africa's. Both teams look so much better than England-wales.
Forgot this game was on so only just turned on - thought I'd turned on a football game seeing Argentina's kit

South Africa's looks much worse than in the photos, and it looked bad in the photos

I didn't mind our kit in the photos… and now that we are playing in it, it really feels like a warm up kit. So a bit of a fail by Nike there. At least the home kit is good.

What a weird half of rugby. Felt as disjointed and messy as the audio coming through.

A very mixed bag but the b team did better than the a team and away from home so at least we have depth across the board but we knew that already.

Concerns are our accuracy in general looks iffy. And though we possibly have the best depth in the world atm across the board, is our first XV on a level with the first XV of the other 3 top teams in our side of the draw? Probably not but then benches do count for something and the tension and attritional nature of tournament play hampers us less than others.

We still have questions WRT the form or fitness of some of our more important players. Pollard probably remains our most important player.

On the plus we have given the fringe players a lot of time and some of them have really stepped up. I just wonder whether our staff will actually act on it. For example will we see Mostert dropped and jldp come in to deputy duty for psdt? If not we actually just wasted everyone's time. Jldp did more in 20 minutes than mostert in 2 games.

Another game for Andre to be given the starting 12 shirt. Second half handling was like therapy after watching England, all 15 had that thing on a string.

Another grinding win from the Boks. Line-outs poor and some bad scrum feeds which they managed to escape from. Argentina much more deliberate at the breakdown and creative in the backs.

Boks reminiscent of 2007 side, not 2019 which had much more flare. Can't yet see an outcome in the WC, but it could be early.

Latest posts