Jake Schatz
Nic White
Matt Toomua
Cooper Vuna
Ben Lucas
Joe Tomane
Bernard Foley
Rod Davies

If someone of these guys are unfortunately fit, fresh broken bones could be provided by Ioane, Samo, Polota-Nau and Barnes.

I think they need more a new fitness coach rather than a head coach! :( :huh:

Last edited:
Bloody hell that is a lot of Hamstrings pulled! Is that just bad luck or them not looking after the players? How long are the more serious one's with knee/shoulder injuries out for? Any of them gonna make it for the AI's? Not that it matters for us, we'll probably still find a way to lose to them :rolleyes:

If you add AAC, Samo, TPN, Barnes and Ioane as well... well, I never thought I'd feel sympathy towards the Wallaby rugby team but their injuries is something of a catastrophy.

No wonder they've so many injuries. Its their own fault.

Last season a few months after the world cup they played Wales in Wales. Now, I presume they would have had to train hard for that to remain competitive. This at a time when they should have been resting their bodies. Rest is very important for the body to heal.

The super rugby season is longer than ever and they have to play 6 rugby championship matches as well as summer and autumn tests. I think the injury list is natures way of saying their players are overplayed.

The only solution I would have for it is to increase their super rugby squads or/and reduce the amount of tests. They could also reduce their super rugby teams from 5 to 4. Either way if things continue like this they're going to slide down the rankings. They don't have a massive pool of players so the players they do have need to be looked after more.

nasty list, it happens. I think SA had a bad phase but I remember the nightmare year NZ had for injuries in 2009

I think I worked out that of the squad of ~30 all blacks that Dominated in 2008 only 2-3 did not have a major injury issue in 2009

My theory was that the players were overworked in 2008 - post the 07 world cup player rotation was ditched and a core of the 08 squad had a huge test workload. Then in the 09 super rugby campaign those players dropped like flies and almost all had serious injury issues. Rodney So'oialo being a prime example. He was critical in 08 had a huge workload and in 09 he was basically broken - injured for long periods and when he came back he could not even make the canes starting lineup. He was only 28-29 at the time.

I think when you get a situation like what Australia have, player management should be looked at. Though it's hard to imagine their super rugby workload was too much, only one Aussie team made the playoffs and they only lasted one game. Basically the Aussie players got a good rest after super rugby compared to SA and NZ.

Made by an Italian forumer on rugby.it

15. James O'Connor (hamstring)
14. Lachie Turner (hamstring)
13. Rob Horne (hamstring)
12. Christian Lealiifano (ankle)
11. Drew Mitchell (ankle/foot)
10. Quade Cooper (knee)
9. Will Genia (knee)
8. Wycliff Palu (shoulder)
7. David Pocock (knee)
6. Ben McCalman (arm)
5. James Horwill (knee)
4. Sitaleki Timani (hamstring)
3. Dan Palmer (ankle)
2. Stephen Moore (hamstring)
1. Sekope Kepu (calf)

Replacements:
Salesi Ma'afu
Matt Hodgson
Jake Schatz
Nic White
Matt Toomua
Cooper Vuna
Ben Lucas
Joe Tomane
Bernard Foley
Rod Davies

If someone of these guys are unfortunately fit, fresh broken bones could be provided by Ioane, Samo, Polota-Nau and Barnes.

I think they need more a new fitness coach rather than a head coach! :( :huh:
That would beat the assumed Aussie XV for next week.
When are Turner and O'Connor expected to return?

That would beat the assumed Aussie XV for next week.
When are Turner and O'Connor expected to return?

Not sure what the story is with Turner, but O'Connor should be back for the end of year tour.

Just looked up Turner, looks like he played a bit for Eastwood before succumbing to injury once more.

Latest posts