• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Warm Up Match: USA vs Australia (5/09/2015)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Wallabies team vs USA

1. James Slipper - C - (67 Tests)
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau (53 Tests)
3. Greg Holmes (17 Tests)
4. Kane Douglas (15 Tests)
5. Rob Simmons (52 Tests)
6. Ben McCalman - VC - (40 Tests)
7. Sean McMahon (3 Tests)
8. Wycliff Palu (55 Tests)
9. Nick Phipps (31 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley (17 Tests)
11. Rob Horne (26 Tests)
12. Matt Giteau - VC - (95 Tests)
13. Henry Speight (3 Tests)
14. Joe Tomane (15 Tests)
15. Kurtley Beale (52 Tests)

16. James Hanson (9 Tests)
17. Scott Sio (9 Tests)
18. Toby Smith (uncapped)
19. Dean Mumm (36 Tests)
20. Sam Carter (11 Tests)
21. Quade Cooper (56 Tests)
22. Will Genia (59 Tests)
23. Taqele Naiyaravoro (Uncapped)

Good to see the team mixed up a bit, AAC, Moore, Izzy, Hooper and Pocock get a rest and good to see Sean McMahon get another run.

I also hope Toby Smith gets on for his debut and also Naiyaravoro too

Interesting to see Naiyaravoro in the team as he is not in the WC squad wont be eligible for the wallabies next year. Its like we are are claiming him before Fiji does. Fox spots are saying that if he plays for the wallabies he can get out of his contract with Glasgow.

Interesting to see Naiyaravoro in the team as he is not in the WC squad wont be eligible for the wallabies next year. Its like we are are claiming him before Fiji does. Fox spots are saying that if he plays for the wallabies he can get out of his contract with Glasgow.

Then the most beneficiary would be the Waratahs. Fiji didn't choose him and Scotland must wait three years for him to be eligible.

I don't see him as a starter test player in the next years ahead of Speight or Tomane. The Waratahs is the real winner and it's ok. Wests Tigers got rid of him, Cheika and Tahs gave life to his career

Fiji coach John McKee said he would pick him in the squad if he made himself available and he didn't, he indicated that he wanted to be a Wallaby.

USA starting XV:

1. Eric Fry
2. Zach Fenoglio
3. ***i Lamositele
4. Cameron Dolan
5. Greg Peterson
6. Al McFarland
7. Andrew Durutalo
8. Samu Manoa
9. Mike Petri
10. AJ MacGinty
11. Chris Wyles (C)
12. Thretton Palamo
13. Seamus Kelly
14. Takudzwa Ngwenya
15. Blaine Scully

Reserves

16. Phil Thiel
17. Olive Kilifi
18. Chris Baumann
19. Louis Stanfill
20. John Quill
21. Danny Barrett
22. Shalom Suniula
23. Folau Niua

Interesting that Tolkin is trying Wyles on the wing for the first time this summer; of course he's got experience there at Saracens, so it will be a good test at mixing things up in the back. While MacGinty's kicking at goal has been very good, I'd like to see Wyles take kicks where a left-footer has an advantage. But looking forward to the Eagles match against Samoa, I think USA should be trying a bigger player at 14 to try to match up against Alesana Tuilagi.

Im annoyed that fox sports are giving me Aus commentary when we all know that the Yank commentators are the best haha.

Anyone know where highlights are? Been look at YouTube but found nothing!

Looks like a pretty poor attendance really.

I still think a double header fixture between might be the way to go.

USA v someone

Then 2 top 6 teams against each other.

If you're trying to sell a large number of tickets, I think you need to trade on the novelty factor for a lot of the non-rugby fans - so hosting the game in the same place two years in a row seems an odd choice.

Take it to the bay area - different market, and maybe more accessible for a different set of rugby fans.

Don't think the attendance looked that bad, except for in comparison to last year - which was a massive record. Lower bowl looked mostly full, I only watched about 5 mins of the first half though.

Interesting point.

I suppose with the Hayne factor now in San Fran Australia might be an easier sell there.

Then Ireland @ Boston

Maybe England @ Florida/Texas/New York

South Africa @ San Diego

France @ New Orleans.

I just checked the attendance - excluding the AB's game last year (which was three times higher than the previous record attendance) - this game was the highest attendance for a Rugby match in the USA ever, beating the previous record by 3000.

23k people watching a rugby match in the USA is nothing to be sniffed at.

I just checked the attendance - excluding the AB's game last year (which was three times higher than the previous record attendance) - this game was the highest attendance for a Rugby match in the USA ever, beating the previous record by 3000.

23k people watching a rugby match in the USA is nothing to be sniffed at.

For the last one (against the ABs) there were a lot of people from other states (and Canada), including some neutral expats from other countries: i'm not sure that you'd get the same crowd numbers every year, but, like you say, 23k isn't too bad of a crowd size

Latest posts