• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Waratahs v Cats

D

Dumbo

Looking forward to seeing the return of Matt Rogers... if he's playing 10...
Blues take note on what your missing, if injuries are no problem Cat's are going to get spanked.

Well, in theory you`re right! The `innovative fags` from Sydney (again, nice touch Wally - his brilliant saying about Tahs :D ) are favorites but let`s hope that after this round HSBC will be also interpreted not only as Huge Score By Crusaders but also Huge Score By Cats :D

P.S: Yeah, i know, flat chances for this (Cats only scored 2 tries until now in 4 matches) but let`s keep our fingres crossed for Cats :p

Rogers to Flyhalf as Tahs Set New Benchmarks

Utility back Mat Rogers and prop Al Baxter will both kickoff new chapters in their Waratah careers this Friday night against the Cats at Aussie Stadium.

Mat Rogers Stands Tall in the Tackle Al Baxter Prepares for Contact Rogers will make his first starting Super 14 appearance at flyhalf, while Baxter will play his 50th Super Rugby match for NSW against the Johannesburg based outfit.

Rogers, who returned to action off the bench in last week’s 31-16 win over the Sharks, takes the place of Daniel Halangahu.

“Mat showed with his first touch of the ball on Saturday that he’s ready for this challenge,†HSBC Waratahs head coach Ewen McKenzie said.

“He’s the kind of player who continually puts the defence in two minds, which will be an asset against the Cats, and anyone else for that matter.

“He’s trained hard this week and has performed well in the role for the Wallabies in the past so we’re confident in his ability to call the shots on Friday.â€

The only other change to the squad that downed the Sharks last week sees the return from suspension of prop Matt Dunning, who will start this match off the bench.

Benn Robinson will again start at loose-head while Troy Takiari drops out of the 22.

“It’s a bonus to have Matt available however the form of Benn Robinson in his absence could not be ignored,†McKenzie added.

“That said, Matt will still play a significant role in this match.â€

Baxter’s 50th Super Rugby cap coincides with a number of impending milestones, with Chris Whitaker in line to pass Nick Farr-Jones and become the most successful Waratah captain of all time.

Peter Hewat is also expected to become the third highest pointscorer in NSW history during Friday’s match.

“We haven’t won the match yet so I don’t want to count my chickens,†Whitaker said of a possible 20th victory in charge of the Waratahs.

“However it’s not every day you get the opportunity to pass the record of a guy like Nick Farr-Jones â€" it’d be a great honour.â€

Hewat is currently on 299 state points, just five short of surpassing Manny Edmonds (303) to become the third highest pointscorer in NSW history.

HSBC Waratahs to Play the Cats at Aussie Stadium
Friday 10 March 2006, 7.40pm

------------------------------
1. Benn Robinson
2. Adam Freier
3. Al Baxter
4. Alex Kanaar
5. Daniel Vickerman
6. Wycliff Palu
7. Phil Waugh [v-c]
8. David Lyons ----------------- I LIKE THIS FORMAT DUMBO
9. Chris Whitaker [c]
10. Mat Rogers
11. Lote Tuqiri
12. Shaun Berne
13. Morgan Turinui
14. Peter Hewat
15. Sam Norton-Knight

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Matt Dunning
18. Will Caldwell
19. Stephen Hoiles
20. Brett Sheehan
21. Daniel Halangahu
22. Ben Jacobs

9. Chris Whitaker [c]
10. Mat Rogers
11. Lote Tuqiri
12. Shaun Berne
13. Morgan Turinui
14. Peter Hewat
15. Sam Norton-Knight

Right then... Cats your going to get spanked, unless the Cats can own the tight 5.

Well Dumbo, remind me what was that score vs Crusaders again? 96 - 17 LOL! Now that was spanking !

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 8 2006, 09:00 PM
Well Dumbo, remind me what was that score vs Crusaders again? 96 - 17 LOL! Now that was spanking !
Spanking or not, the Tah's have been pretty bloody solid in the last couple years! Did you see how those "fags" demolished the "inbred" south african scrum in the sharks game? :D :p

Cats pack is very, very solid! In fact, if Cats are going to have a chance to win that will be from the pack!

P.S: Yeah, true, very solid performance (i repeat, if you would have scored the fourth try vs Blues in the last game of the regular season, your chances of winning S12 might have been +50% - increase - home final) but still, over 90 points received in a single game :D :D

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 8 2006, 10:00 PM
Wooow. That’s not the sort of spanking I was talking about (was thinking 15 points). That scores a "we got bent over and pumped hard for 80 mins. and no longer feel balanced showing our face in public sort of thing".

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 8 2006, 11:01 PM
"I got bent over and pumped hard for 80 mins. and I no longer feel balanced showing my face in public".
Ouch! must of hurt

LOL, come to think about it, there was in 98 a 78-0 vs poms ! I wonder how `Sir` Clive justified that defeat?

Coming to this S14 game, Cats must play at least 50% bettern than they`ve played in the second half vs ACT if they want to stand a chance! Can they do that? We just can only hope !

Well, I think it will be a close game, but the tahs will be too strong and will win by 6.

The Waratahs backline goes down several notches with Shaun Berne at inside, he just isn't Super 14 standard. Hopefully Dell bumps Tuqiri back down to outside when they're both playing together in a couple of weeks.

The game will probably play a lot like the Sharks match from the previous round. Waratahs by 17.

Well... we saw............Half Time Tahs killin em 35-3

5 TRIES to 0 for the Tahs!!!

Tahs are playing perfect rugby............great to watch.

This could be a cricket score. :D

Got dam boring in the end. The Cats got possession and camped in the Tahs 22. The Waratahs are looking very good now that they have a good front row and Rogers back at 10. Cats are looking very tired now, we may well see a 100+ scoreline by the Crusaders next week.

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 10 2006, 10:09 PM
Welcome back Matt Rogers
Seconded! Those first 10 minutes were more than enough to know he's back! :D :D
Great performance by the Tah's!

Latest posts