Not open for further replies.

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
why have i received a warning?

I haven't posted in about a week, last post was England vs Fiji thread, yet NickDnz has just sent me a warning for insulting another member (I'm presuming because i gave him a neg rep).

Dear goodNumber10,

You have received a warning at The Rugby Forum.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)

On last warning.
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
The Rugby Forum

Wait you can neg people as well as rep?!?!!?!?

Neg car fuelled and ready to roll.

edit : I guess it is the I disapprove thing?

yes, i disapproved of him closing the anglophobic thread (it was shaping up for a full on melt down), and apparently negging someone is a personal insult?

why have i received a warning?

I haven't posted in about a week, last post was England vs Fiji thread, yet NickDnz has just sent me a warning for insulting another member (I'm presuming because i gave him a neg rep).

You recieved a temporary Ban. Now the ban has been lifted and you are back to comment on the forum. The warning, which was rightfully given to you, is to remind you of adhering to the forum rules. It also serves as form of log sheet for the moderators to see the history of infractions by a member.

yes, i disapproved of him closing the anglophobic thread (it was shaping up for a full on melt down), and apparently negging someone is a personal insult?

It seems that you are also taking this personally, where this thread could have easily gotten you the same answers via a PM to the Mods. Instead you want to continue a feud in which you as the transgressor doesn't seem willing to change your ways.

You recieved a temporary Ban. Now the ban has been lifted and you are back to comment on the forum. The warning, which was rightfully given to you, is to remind you of adhering to the forum rules. It also serves as form of log sheet for the moderators to see the history of infractions by a member.

The original ban was BS imho, and he sent me a nasty PM on return telling me to adhere to the rules which to my knowledge i have done considering the message today is nearly two weeks after the ban was lifted and i have posted since. It is a new warning not anything to do with the ban from before.

It seems that you are also taking this personally, where this thread could have easily gotten you the same answers via a PM to the Mods. Instead you want to continue a feud in which you as the transgressor doesn't seem willing to change your ways.

I didn't want to PM because I think this is something that should be dealt with publicly so people understand what has happened, I have made two posts since the ban was lifted, yet somehow that has incurred another warning from the mod who banned me last time. So yes I'm taking it personal because it's abundantly clear it is personal.

There are numerous post on here with swearing and people insulting each other yet no steps/warnings etc... have been dished out. I don't particularly care, i'm just pointing out that it seems a little weird to warn someone when they haven' posted - purely because i negged his post, which as far as i'm aware is not against the forum rules.

Last edited:

You haven't really addressed his question - how is negging someone insulting another member?
I do worry about the administration of this forum sometimes..

The original ban was BS, and he sent me a nasty PM on return telling me to adhere to the rules. The message today is nearly two weeks after the ban was lifted and i have posted since. It is a new warning not anything to do with the ban from before.

I didn't want to PM because I think this is something that should be dealt with publicly so people understand what has happened, I have made two posts since the ban was lifted, yet somehow that has incurred another warning from the mod who banned me last time. So yes I'm taking it personal because it's abundantly clear it is personal.

There are numerous post on here with swearing and people insulting each other yet no steps/warnings etc... have been dished out. I don't particularly care, i'm just pointing out that it seems a little weird to warn someone when they haven' posted - purely because i negged his post, which as far as i'm aware is not against the forum rules.

You haven't really addressed his question - how is negging someone insulting another member?
I do worry about the administration of this forum sometimes..

Neg-repping isn't something we care much about, yet we can see when someone is targeting another member and continuously neg-rep that member. Negging someone and writing insults with that neg-rep is however a problem. And if we see that, we will take action.

As far as swearing goes on this forum. We have issued bans, they vary depending on the harshness and what we as a group of mods feels is necessary.

We have been hard at work trying to keep this Forum in good shape especially during the World Cup, and we will use our discretion on all matters at hand. Of course we will discuss any action prior to taking it, and if there is a general consensus, we will take the appropriate action.

Neg-repping isn't something we care much about, yet we can see when someone is targeting another member and continuously neg-rep that member. Negging someone and writing insults with that neg-rep is however a problem. And if we see that, we will take action.

I wrote "very poor" with the Neg Rep as you must give a reason.

You still haven't answer why i have been warned when i haven't made a post or insulted someone.

As far as swearing goes on this forum. We have issued bans, they vary depending on the harshness and what we as a group of mods feels is necessary.

We have been hard at work trying to keep this Forum in good shape especially during the World Cup, and we will use our discretion on all matters at hand. Of course we will discuss any action prior to taking it, and if there is a general consensus, we will take the appropriate action.

you are missing the point.

I was banned for inferring someone was stupid, yet people are calling each other ******** and so on, previous to that ban and again as far as i'm aware i'd never been warned individually on this forum. So how does that stack up?

I'm not even interested in the ban, I maintain it was unfair (and a few people have PM'd me to agree) but hey ho, i'd like to know why out of the blue I've been sent a warning, when i'm not even/very seldom posting here.

ahhh, sod this for a game of soldiers, it's utterly pointless.

laters...

Last edited:

Life is too short to neg rep... Whenever I feel like doing it I find one of sige's posts and rep him, join the dark side with me.

You still haven't answer why i have been warned when i haven't made a post or insulted someone.

I was banned for inferring someone was stupid, yet people are calling each other ******** and so on, previous to that ban and again as far as i'm aware i'd never been warned individually on this forum. So how does that stack up?

I'm not even interested in the ban, it was unfair but hey ho, i'd like to know why out of the blue i've been sent a warning, when i'm not even/very seldomly posting here.

laters...

No offence, but you were warned, on several occasions, by different Mods. Yet you kept on trucking along...

I'm not even interested in the ban, I maintain it was unfair (and a few people have PM'd me to agree) but hey ho, i'd like to know why out of the blue I've been sent a warning, when i'm not even/very seldom posting here.

laters...

I was banned for several days last week for swearing.

No offence, but you were warned, on several occasions, by different Mods. Yet you kept on trucking along...

Individual warnings? Directly aimed at me outside of your regular bunfight of a thread standard "pack it in everyone"?

I'm pretty sure this is not the case. Can you please show me where these many warnings are?

Regardless this is not about the ban, it has been served i don't agree with it but so what - why have I been sent a warning?

Last edited:
The warning was for the ban three weeks ago. As it was not logged it received a warning so it is on staff file.

It allows staff to keep records through infractions. You are correct that the warning and infraction should have been on your initial ban - I was reminded to check it had more recently.

The warning was for the ban three weeks ago. As it was not logged it received a warning so it is on staff file.

It allows staff to keep records through infractions. You are correct that the warning and infraction should have been on your initial ban - I was reminded to check it had more recently.

right.

I honestly give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.