Warriors could start NRL in negative points

Discussion in 'NRL / Southern Hemisphere' started by woosaah, Feb 21, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

This isn't good for the club, they dont have that many supporters going to the games now days anyway

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. GO WARRIORZ

4. esoj

esoj Guest

go super league with all it's own local talent like stacey jones jamie lyon etc

5. hahahaha i reckon

warriors will win...as confidently as i preached about the kiwis winning the trinations and f***ing up the rotation that those dopeheads in aussie had of winning games against us regularly...

warriors will make top 8 and will kick ass in the playoffs...and they will smash opponents in the regular with abit more control of their skills and emotions they can do this....

WARRIORZ 4 LIFE

6. ak47

ak47 Guest

WARRIORS................COME OUT TO PAAAAY!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

7. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3581310a1823,00.html
    Thought i would keep updates in this thread :)

9. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3581957a1823,00.html

more info :)

10. Wally

Wally Guest

Atleast when the Doggies went over the salary cap they were actually good.

11. woosaah

woosaah Guest

yeah warriors suck, but there are a few supporters out there who l ike to try and kid themselves

like chiro

12. esoj

esoj Guest

aussie media widely reporting that warriors have lost 4 points and fineed 430k

13. GO WARRIORZ.

14. WARRIORZ FOR LIFE MAYN!!!..

kid myself?...they should do fine this year,good core of forwards and some dangerous backs...

two things they do lack is a consistant playmaker and a real speedster...they got all the power in the backfield and there scramble defence is top notch at times but at other times they need a speedster to gun down a breakaway....

if however they worked very hard on the defensive style this preseason and stay commited to it and believe in it and there abilities then there is no reason for me to think that they will make the top 8...

unless there offensive gameplan radically changes..."reggae football" as proclaimed by gus gould and ray "rabs" warren

st helens?...stop imitating and stick to your retirement league where you get all our old guys and pay them a bundle to make you northerners look like you can actually play league....stop degrading yourself...

its very sad

15. esoj

esoj Guest

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/668751

going by the comments at the end from maurica kidd I would say an appeal is on the cards for the points. they will take the fine but I think appeal the points deduction.

16. ak47

ak47 Guest

as much as this is an issue for the NRL to address

even if they discovered this cap rort in round 24 like the doggies, they would have had their respective points deducted

the NRL needs to be consistent, so by either discovering at end of season or at the start, the same penalty will apply

the only difference is that they already know, what points they have to make up for
    u either start on negative 4 points, or get the 4 points deducted from end of season

same result applies

too bad, and thats what happens when u cheat

the problem is that the NRL reckon they have a decent audit process in place.....this wasnt picked up by the NRL auditor......was it??

wasnt it an internal voluntary own up to wrong doings???

edit just read it thouroughly - looks as the shubert was onto them, and they just had to come clean......probably saved them abother 12 pts deduction or whatever...kinda like pleading guilty, we as the dogs tried everything to keep it under wraps.

17. esoj

esoj Guest

yeah well schubert was going to audit them anyway they just beat him to the punch. points deductions are fine for sure but the warriors are being puninshed for previous seasons breaches with points in this years comp when they are under the cap. they will not have earned any points while over the cap so why should they be docked points. that is one reason the dogs got hit hard as their points were acculamted during the season while they were over the cap.

if the warriors got caught during the season they would have lost more points for sure. it just seems a bit odd they get punished this year even though they are under the cap. if points are goind to be deducted it should be done in the season the breaches were made not in a season when a club is under the cap and has not earned any points yet

18. ak47

ak47 Guest

yeah but u cant have the loophole of saying "it was old managment" blah blah

its the club as a whole - not whom runs it

its an audit process

there's no expiry date to auditing
    thus there's no expiry date to punishment

the taxman can still bust ya for wrongdoings even if they occured a decade ago

they are getting punished regardless, coz the have players they obtained in the rort year are still representing them........if they didnt rort, they wouldnt even have them

Price and Wiki for example, they recruited them unfairly, they gotto pay for that regardless when it happened.

a fine yes
    pts deducted - well thats a grey area that the NRL needs to adress

The NRL cap audit process is elementary compared to other sports with caps
    they need to change it so nobody cheats
    ie get tax records of the partners and family etc, coz 3rd party payments are rife in the NRL, and at the moment, shubert cant access these records

19. esoj

esoj Guest

yes the fine is fine I did not dispute that at all. i never said the warriors should get off. but being penalised points in a new season is imo stupid and unfair when they are under the cap for this season and have not earned any point in the new season.

the precedent is set though now. if any other clubs have breaches that happened in other seasons then they do should be docked points depending on how far over the cap they are.

the salary cap audit is a joke as seen by this and the bulldogs scandal. it relies on people inside the club way too much. the current process obviously doesn't work as the warriors breaches went back to 2004 so the audit of schubert didn't pick on it. for the salary cap to be enforced properly the auditors need more access

20. ak47

ak47 Guest

as david gallop said very well

"you cant just have clubs write up a cheque and pay the fine and move on, they need to be penalised in other ways to ensure it wont be done again"

Otherwise the rich clubs will just sign a cheque each yr and rort the cap yr in yr out

we cant have that

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!